PDA

View Full Version : Bison one point better than Jayhawks

TaTonka_31
01-20-2007, 10:36 PM
The Bison came one point closer to Beating Texas Tech than the Jayhawks did today. Great win for Bobby Knights ball club.

Gully
01-21-2007, 01:00 PM
The Bison came one point closer to Beating Texas Tech than the Jayhawks did today.

I always loved that one.

Bryan
01-21-2007, 10:40 PM
so that means Northwestern is 30+ points better than NDSU since the Gophers pounded NDSU and the Wildcats just destroyed them on ther home floor.

TaTonka_31
01-22-2007, 04:24 AM
No, all this stuff means that rankings don't mean much. Kansas is very highly ranked and regarded but ever game is different. NDSU, Minnesota and Northwestern are all teams that are not ranked but would be capable of beating good teams on any given day. Minnesota is really suffering with the loss of Tollackson however.

The Bison played a tremendous game at Texas Tech. Scored in the 80's and could have won it at the end. Kansas did not have to go against Texas Tech's seven footer Rizvic either, who got 10 points and two block shots against the herd.

Bottom line is no one is better than one another just because of perception. It just means the Bison are in the game and are just as good as the next guy until you actually play the game.

Jdubs21
01-22-2007, 12:32 PM
it also depends on what team shows up that night...cuz lets face it sometimes teams just off off nights and in our case and several other we have really off nights...so u cant really compare us to the jayhawks

TaTonka_31
01-22-2007, 05:50 PM
Why not? *They are no better than the Bison until they play each other based on a common opponent in Texas Tech. *

If you watched the NDSU vs Texas Tech game, I think it was safe to say that both teams played well in that game. *No one really had an off night. *I saw the Kansas vs Texas Tech game also and I would say the same thing there. *Both teams played well but Texas Tech won in down the stretch. *Both of these games could have gone either way. *

All this stuff is hypothetical anyway because we aren't playing the Jayhawks this year. *It's just is means of evaluating where the Bison are in terms of playing high major teams. *Not quite there but good enough to be dangerous against almost anyone.

daherd
01-23-2007, 04:02 PM
I thought KU played horrible in the game against Tech. Bob Knight did a good job at making them take outside shots which is definitely a weakness for the Jhawks this year. Collins is a serious threat from deep, Rush is pretty streaky and the rest I would flat out just let shoot. IMO the Bison would really struggle trying to contain KU's posts. I guess that is why they play the games though. You never know what can happen on any given night.

TaTonka_31
01-23-2007, 08:21 PM
Ding, ding, ding, ding, ding, ding........ That is exactly right. That is why they play the game. Isn't D1 basketball great? Bring them on. Any time any place.