PDA

View Full Version : marquette/K State Saturday

lakesbison
01-13-2007, 04:53 PM
Marquette up 32 24 over West Virginia on ESPN

Kansas St at Missouri at 3pm on direct tv 644 ALT

great to see our big time opponents on TV

Minnesota vs IOWA on ch45 in the cities here too.

lakesbison
01-13-2007, 05:04 PM
ESPN just mentioned MARQUETTE"S loss to NDSU.

ESPN 2 with Dahl on it.

644 ALT with K State game today, maybe a mention there.

NDSU, DIVISION 1.... I LOVE IT!!!

lakesbison
01-13-2007, 05:16 PM
MARQUETTE ROLLING

up 15..

they look DAM good!!

TaTonka_31
01-13-2007, 06:41 PM
After watching the MU/WVU game, it made it clear to me how much national rankings are based on past years performances and reputation.

WVU is ranked 23rd in the nation yet they don't have a point guard that can score and handle the pressue out front like Woodside, they didn't have a SG that could move with out the ball to get open, shoot the three and score the ball consistently like Nelson, they didn't have a wing that could shoot the three, rebound and get to the line consistently and shoot 90% like Winkleman, they didn't have a low post scorer like Smith and didn't have a shot blocker and someone to contest shots in the paint like Moorman. Yet they are ranked 23rd in the nation.

Makes you wonder, but it is clear to me the Bison could compete in these high major conferences. I guess we needed to win a couple more high major games this year for more pundits to start realizing some of these things. Beating both Wisconsin and Marquette in the year 2006 was truly remarkable.

Hoopster
01-13-2007, 07:35 PM
After watching the MU/WVU game, it made it clear to me how much national rankings are based on past years performances and reputation.

WVU is ranked 23rd in the nation yet they don't have a point guard that can score and handle the pressue out front like Woodside, they didn't have a SG that could move with out the ball to get open, shoot the three and score the ball consistently like Nelson, they didn't have a wing that could shoot the three, rebound and get to the line consistently and shoot 90% like Winkleman, they didn't have a low post scorer like Smith and didn't have a shot blocker and someone to contest shots in the paint like Moorman. Yet they are ranked 23rd in the nation.

Makes you wonder, but it is clear to me the Bison could compete in these high major conferences. I guess we needed to win a couple more high major games this year for more pundits to start realizing some of these things. Beating both Wisconsin and Marquette in the year 2006 was truly remarkable.

Wow, with all of those problems I'm surprised that WVU has won a single game this season...

Oh wait, I guess those wins over North Carolina State, Connecticut, Villanova, and St. Johns could have something to do with being ranked...

I promise you, if the Bison beat all of those teams they would be ranked that high to. NDSU had its chances against high majors and went 1-5. Time to take the homer glasses off, nobody is screwing NDSU in the rankings, the Bison just haven't won games against these teams. And that 1-5 record DOES NOT SHOW that you could compete in a high major conference.

NDSUFREAK10
01-13-2007, 07:57 PM
Hoopster, just relax and let us talk about the things we want to talk about. Who is your favorite college team anyway?

Hoopster
01-13-2007, 08:06 PM
I'm not trying to be mean, but that post was crazy. WVU is a pretty good team, but reading that you would think they were a bunch of 5'0 retards running around the floor.

My favorite team are the Tennessee Vols, since that is where I graduated from. I recently moved into this area though, and so I have attended some NDSU, SDSU, and even Northern State games trying to get my fix of basketball, which is how I found this board.

Sorry if I sound angry today, a loss like we had, combined with the inhuman weather was a little more than I could take though. Seriously, I don't want to be a jerk, but how can you live here for more than one year? I thought the only place it got this cold was the North pole, and then only for a day or so. How can you possibly tolerate these temperatures? I don't know if the actual cold is worse, or the fact that the weather men don't even sound like it is anything unusual. If it was this cold back home, the weather man would have crapped his pants on live television.

NDSUFREAK10
01-13-2007, 08:21 PM
I'm not trying to be mean, but that post was crazy. *WVU is a pretty good team, but reading that you would think they were a bunch of 5'0 retards running around the floor. *

My favorite team are the Tennessee Vols, since that is where I graduated from. *I recently moved into this area though, and so I have attended some NDSU, SDSU, and even Northern State games trying to get my fix of basketball, which is how I found this board. *

Sorry if I sound angry today, a loss like we had, combined with the inhuman weather was a little more than I could take though. *Seriously, I don't want to be a jerk, but how can you live here for more than one year? *I thought the only place it got this cold was the North pole, and then only for a day or so. *How can you possibly tolerate these temperatures? *I don't know if the actual cold is worse, or the fact that the weather men don't even sound like it is anything unusual. *If it was this cold back home, the weather man would have crapped his pants on live television. * *

Welcome to Fargo, North Dakota. They dont call it Dakota Tough for nothing.

NDSUFREAK10
01-13-2007, 08:23 PM
*OPPONENT UPDATE*

Iowa State is in a tie game in overtime 63-63 with 1 min to go. Against #6 Kansas might I add.

NDSUFREAK10
01-13-2007, 08:35 PM
Looks like Kansas escaped with a 4 point win in OT. MU sure did dominate however.

TaTonka_31
01-13-2007, 08:55 PM
I'm not trying to be mean, but that post was crazy. *WVU is a pretty good team, but reading that you would think they were a bunch of 5'0 retards running around the floor. *

I certainly am not saying that, but I will say that WVU being ranked 23rd begs for the old chant "Over Rated, Over Rated". *Those teams you mentioned that WVU beat are not that good this year either. Marquette beat UCONN at their place and you know what the Bison did to Marquette. *I also am not saying the Bison should be ranked. *That would be crazy. *My observations were about the talent comparisons on the floor for the two teams. *I would take our guys over theirs at every position. *

Anyway welcome to the northern prairie. *Your guy Lofton is a gem.

My favorite team are the Tennessee Vols, since that is where I graduated from. *I recently moved into this area though, and so I have attended some NDSU, SDSU, and even Northern State games trying to get my fix of basketball, which is how I found this board. *

Sorry if I sound angry today, a loss like we had, combined with the inhuman weather was a little more than I could take though. *Seriously, I don't want to be a jerk, but how can you live here for more than one year? *I thought the only place it got this cold was the North pole, and then only for a day or so. *How can you possibly tolerate these temperatures? *I don't know if the actual cold is worse, or the fact that the weather men don't even sound like it is anything unusual. *If it was this cold back home, the weather man would have crapped his pants on live television. * *

NDSUstudent
01-13-2007, 09:04 PM
I promise you, if the Bison beat all of those teams they would be ranked that high to. *NDSU had its chances against high majors and went 1-5. *Time to take the homer glasses off, nobody is screwing NDSU in the rankings, the Bison just haven't won games against these teams. *And that 1-5 record DOES NOT SHOW that you could compete in a high major conference. *

NDSU is competitive against Major conference teams, pretty sure NDSU has proved that in the 6 games they have played. I highly doubt Bisonblogger was saying NDSU was screwed in the rankings just that NDSU can hang with those teams.To be ranked you need to be more then competitive you have to be successful and consistant which is something NDSU hasn't been able to do yet.

TheBisonator
01-14-2007, 04:47 AM
I don't think we could win more than 4 games in a Big XII, Big 10, Big East, SEC or ACC conference season. But I think we would win a couple or a few games, IMO. Teams like Baylor, Vanderbilt, Northwestern, South Florida, Mississippi, etc. are all beatable for us. But we don't have the capability right now to be competitive in those conferences (and when I say "competative", I mean going .500). But that's why the Mid-Con excites me so much. We completely have the capability to win the conference touney 26 months from now and get a Big Dance bid.

I also think we could be competitive (.500) right now in the MVC.

TaTonka_31
01-14-2007, 05:05 AM
I think the top five or six teams in the MVC may be as good as the top teams in the Big East this year.

The Bison wouldn't have the depth this season to win too many games in any of the high major conferences but like I said, the Bison certainly looked better than that WVU team at the Bradley Center today. MU did a great job against the 1-3-1 which is what WVU hangs their hat on. If you don't clog the lane against MU you are in trouble.

lakesbison
01-25-2007, 02:52 AM
Marquette wins in convincing fashion tonight.

Tex Tech upsets #6 in nation!!! HELL YEA!!

Keep it up NDSU opponents!!