PDA

View Full Version : Nations Top 50 Rated Players

TaTonka_31
02-07-2007, 04:23 AM
Check this out. I doubt that four players from the same team have ever been ranked in the Top 50 players in the country before.

http://www.sportsline.com/collegebasketball/playerrankings/regularseason

TheDoctor
02-07-2007, 05:08 AM
Check this out. *I doubt that four players from the same team have ever been ranked in the Top 50 players in the country before.

WOW! That is darn impressive. Great job guys! Proves we also have great balance. :D

SlickVic
02-07-2007, 05:31 AM
that list is a joke hansbrough rated higher then dre day???? id like to know who made that list and what kinda drugs hes on winkleman rated higher then alando tucker?? does that mean winks is a top 10 pick next year?

BigBison
02-07-2007, 05:34 AM
Wow thats amazing! *But I would also like to know how they came up with that list.

NDSUstudent
02-07-2007, 05:45 AM
This list is all driven by stats and is done by a computer. I don't think SOS or anything like that is accounted for either, so really all this list is saying is that Winkelman, Woodside, Nelson and Smith are having statistically impressive seasons.

SirHinn
02-07-2007, 06:06 AM
that list is a joke hansbrough rated higher then dre day???? id like to know who made that list and what kinda drugs hes on winkleman rated higher then alando tucker?? does that mean winks is a top 10 pick next year?

How is it a joke? The ranking is based on offensive and defensive statistics only. It's not saying one player has higher potential or they impact their team better. It's not saying Winkleman, Woody, Dre, or Smith are better then anyone on the list. But in terms of statistics like NDSUstudent said, all 4 players are having very statistically impressive seasons. If you actually take the time to read how they calcuate the rankings, it obviously isn't that absurd.

Jdubs21
02-07-2007, 12:14 PM
well i think someone just sees the true talent of our team..CONGRATS BISON!!!!

ad_guy
02-07-2007, 01:40 PM
Check this out. *I doubt that four players from the same team have ever been ranked in the Top 50 players in the country before.

Arizona has four in the top 50

TaTonka_31
02-07-2007, 05:18 PM
If you look at this Top 50 list, there is no doubt that all the best players are listed here. Cream rises to the top. Last year JJ Reddick and Adam Morrison were one and two. This year Durrant is number one and is considered by most to be the best player in college basketball. It is a true ranking of offensive proficiency in the college game by taking into account minutes played, scoring average, rebounding average and shooting percentages. I don't think any defensive stats are taken into consideration.

Critics will point out that there is no strength of schedule taken into account and in NDSU's case all four players listed get heavy minutes which is not always the case on teams with more scoring depth. As far as SOS, it should be pointed out that when the high major teams are playing cupcakes at home, mid-major teams are playing high major teams on the road which should even out the SOS argument.

While the pundits in the basketball world may never recognize the accomplishments of these four players from NDSU, it is pretty good stuff any way you look at it. These four players would be good on any team.

WePharm
02-07-2007, 08:37 PM
That is impressive!

Lets all email it to McFeely.

NDSUFREAK10
02-07-2007, 09:00 PM
That is impressive!

Lets all email it to McFeely.

HA, yeah....DO IT!

finch901
02-07-2007, 09:31 PM
someone give me his address i'll do it

TheBisonator
02-08-2007, 12:04 AM
I don't mean to minimize the greatness of our players on this list, but WHERE THE HELL is Greg Oden on this list??

finch901
02-08-2007, 01:29 AM
i was wondering that too, i know he missed like 6 or so games with the messed up hand but yeah i'm surprised. he is amazing to be averaging 15ppg without the use of your dominate shooting hand so far this season is incredible. of course being a 45yr old doesn't hurt.

Jdubs21
02-08-2007, 12:05 PM
hahahahahah

TaTonka_31
02-08-2007, 02:55 PM
Oden and Affalo from UCLA are ranked at about 118 and 119. If you look at their numbers they seem like they should be rated higher.

This ranking system is perplexing. Are there any geeks out there that can explain how they come up with like a 70.00 point rating on a player based on the numbers they list. I have not been able to figure it out.