PDA

View Full Version : ICKY @ IPFW!!!!! *

lakesbison
02-09-2007, 02:37 AM
MO FO!!!

I am sooo freakin PISSED!!

i went to the freakin bar after I was listening to the game and halftime. up 13, *SAM freakin Sussenguth has 12 points

and woody, andre were on the bench pretty much the 1st half.

I turn on radio with couple minutes left... BISON up 7.

Im like, Ok, we win by 10.

I come on here at 9:30, * WE LOST?!?!

OK.. this is UNACCEPTABLE!!!! *You dont lose to a 7-16 or whatever record they have and expect to be a MID MAJOR QUALITY TEAM!!!

sad sad sad..

Season officially OVER: *Start preparing for next year,

Get Vaughn, Sussenguth a *BOATLOAD of playing time and lets look forward to next year.

*PUKE* :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :-[ :-[ :-[

heymch86
02-09-2007, 04:11 AM
losses like this will happen when you're playing 3 sophomores and 2 freshmen, with your only senior on the bench because he fouled out. remember, these guys are not upper classmen. i know, i hate the excuses too, but its true

BisBison
02-09-2007, 12:32 PM
On the road with only 8 players to start with, one fouls out and against a team shooting 65%. I guess it's understandable, not happy about it either, but I guess understandable.

WYOBISONMAN
02-09-2007, 02:41 PM
True, this is a lousy loss. But....the future is very bright for this young team. This season with the Bison being ineligible for the playoffs is really just an opportunity to tune up for when these guys are seniors and the year is 2008-09 and we are making a run at the Big Dance.

Let's put this in perspective. We have a YOUNG team that has made some good head way.

charleston
02-09-2007, 03:48 PM
sad sad sad..

Season officially OVER: Start preparing for next year,

Get Vaughn, Sussenguth a BOATLOAD of playing time and lets look forward to next year.

*PUKE* :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :-[ :-[ :-[

We still have 7 games left, including 4 at home. Possibly going 21-7 (17-7 vs D1's) is still very impressive and something to shoot for. This sounds suspiciously like a 'fair weather' comment.

lakesbison
02-09-2007, 04:16 PM
NO ITS FACT!!

season is over.. I dont give a god dam about NJIT, TEX PAN AM, WINSTEN ST.. etc etc.

so NDSU has to win out that remaining schedule that started AFTER Iowa State .

to lose 1 game with that horsePOOP schedule is 1 too many

mikelsch
02-09-2007, 05:42 PM
NO ITS FACT!!

season is over.. I dont give a god dam about NJIT, TEX PAN AM, WINSTEN ST.. etc etc.

to lose 1 game *with that horsePOOP schedule is 1 too many

I'm glad you don't represent 99.9% of the Bison fans

NDSUstudent
02-09-2007, 05:47 PM
NO ITS FACT!!

I thought you were a true fan lakes and not some bandwagoner. If this team wins 20 games I will call this season a great success and if they go 4-1 on the 5 game road trip they are on now I will be very happy. The season is far from over, no matter what I and the other true fans will probably go to or listen to most of the games and when Tim and the guys get win number 20 we will have a toast in memory of all the bandwagoners like you lakes who jumped ship too early.

TaTonka_31
02-09-2007, 07:06 PM
You are exactly right NDSUstudent. *A 20 win season is the next step in the progression of the goals for this team. *It is always a benchmark for the elite teams in the country. *

As I have said on these boards before, there is not a lot of difference in the quality of athletes teams face on a game to game basis at the D1 level. *I don't think our players notice a huge difference in playing against high major, mid major or good low major teams in that regard. *IPFW has quality athletes that have not played particularly well this season. *If you don't play a full forty minutes, especially on the road, you can very easily lose these type games. *It will be the same on all of the road games the Bison have left. *

Any team with the exception of maybe the Florida's and the UCLA's of the world can and do lose to teams on the road. *It is what makes the college game so great. *Every game is different and the outcome is almost always in doubt until you actually play the game. *

As for the Bison players, all but Smith will return next year. *Each time the players lose these types of games that they think they should win, they will all work harder in the future to try not to let it happen again. *Anyone that does not think they will keep improving is not a good Bison fan. *Anyone can see that these players are winners and not quitters.

silkamilkamonico
02-09-2007, 07:54 PM
NO ITS FACT!!

to lose 1 game with that horsePOOP schedule is 1 too many

You're a sad excuse for even an ignorant fan.

I'm sure when Marquette lost to NDSU, they felt their season was over. No way should a ranked team in the Big East lose to a nobody independant like NDSU, especially at home.

I'm sure Wisconsin felt the same way last year.

It embarrasses me to think that we have ignorant passionate fans like you going out of your way on other board sites and screaming NDSU at opposing fans when you don't even truly understand what you're talking about.

Learn to live with the ups and downs in sports. There will be much more to follow on both ends of the spectrum.

ACES1180
02-09-2007, 08:14 PM
IMO - I'm proud of the success the men's basketball squad has achieved in the last two years...One loss to a mediocre school isn't going to kill that pride.

roadwarrior
02-09-2007, 08:41 PM
There are 4 home games left and I will drive up for all of them. How many games we win or lose between now and then will not matter.

TheDoctor
02-09-2007, 10:07 PM
There are 4 home games left and I will drive up for all of them. *How many games we win or lose between now and then will not matter. *

Thats why we call you, The ROAD WARRIOR! ;)

TheDoctor
02-09-2007, 10:08 PM
IMO - I'm proud of the success the men's basketball squad has achieved in the last two years...One loss to a mediocre school isn't going to kill that pride.

You mean two right??? Or is EMU considered BAD instead? ;)

tcbison
02-09-2007, 10:35 PM
NO ITS FACT!!

Well, if you think the season is over then we won't be seeing you post on this board for a while. :)See you next season!

TheDoctor
02-09-2007, 10:40 PM
NO ITS FACT!!

Well, if you think the season is over then we won't be seeing you post on this board for a while. :)See you next season!

::) That would be GREAT! ::) ;D ;D ;D ;D

Bison13
02-09-2007, 11:48 PM
Im really worried about the bench. They have not produced any real sign of being a starter. Whats going to happen when the fab 5 (4) are gone??

NDSUstudent
02-09-2007, 11:57 PM
Im really worried about the bench. They have not produced any real sign of being a starter. Whats going to happen when the fab 5 (4) are gone??

They are just freshman, give them some time. We also have some talent redshirting as well in Tveidt(Miles says he is a 6'7 version of Mike Nelson) and Freddy Coleman(Very athletic guard) and the one kid we signed so far for this year is in the top 5 of Minnesota in scoring and is also averaging about 9 boards.

sambini
02-10-2007, 12:17 AM
Its not over till I say its over. Did will give up after the Germans bombed Pearl Harbor. NO ITS NOT OVER TILL ITS OVER. WE DON'T GIVE UP EVER DON'T EVER GIVE UP. LOVE THOSE BISON KEEP IT GOING BISON I GIVE YOU GUYS A ++++++++++

NDSUFREAK10
02-10-2007, 12:53 AM
All I will say is that this will not happen next year, and it should not. I again will say that to say that these guys are only sophs. is not an excuse. These guys have been to the biggest arenas in the NCAA. They should have already learned from any mistakes that they made during the season. This is our tournament and we lost a game. We are in the consolation round and our season is not over!

WYOBISONMAN
02-10-2007, 12:35 PM
NO ITS FACT!!

What the hell kind of Bison Fan takes that attitude......... :-/

TransAmBison
02-10-2007, 01:56 PM
NO ITS FACT!!

What the hell kind of Bison Fan takes that attitude......... :-/

But it was Lakes, does that really surprise you?

sambini
02-10-2007, 02:35 PM
Relax Lakes its not the WAC yet...

Mr._Burgundy
02-10-2007, 09:43 PM
I am guessing Lakes was a Cowboys fan in the early to mid 90's, but quit on them....probably a Bulls fan during that dynasty....but quit on them.....I love the die hards. I know he thought our football recruiting class was bunk too. Stay Classy Lakes!!!!

lakesbison
02-11-2007, 03:18 PM
ha ha..

you guys take this stuff way too seriously.....

heres how i looked at our schedule.

AWESOME until Jan 1st and Iowa State. any WINS were amazing and close losses hurt, etc.

AFTER Ia State, not one of those teams should be able to beat us IF WE ARE ON OUR GAME>

so yes 1 loss pisses me off and yes 1 loss makes for the season to be over in my opinion.

if we WIN out, we SHOULD... so nothing will surprise me,

THUS... ITS NEXT YEAR FOR ME!!

see you guys then on the basketball board. I'm not an ignorant fan, im a DEMANDING fan. SILKY

NDSUstudent
02-11-2007, 04:41 PM
ha ha..

AWESOME until Jan 1st and Iowa State. * any WINS were amazing and close losses hurt, etc.

AFTER Ia State, not one of those teams should be able to beat us IF WE ARE ON OUR GAME>

so *yes *1 loss pisses me off and yes 1 loss makes for the season to be over in my opinion.

see you guys then on the basketball board. *I'm not an ignorant fan, im a DEMANDING fan. *SILKY

LakesBison=Bandwagoner

silkamilkamonico
02-11-2007, 11:22 PM
ha ha..

AWESOME until Jan 1st and Iowa State. any WINS were amazing and close losses hurt, etc.

so yes 1 loss pisses me off and yes 1 loss makes for the season to be over in my opinion.

see you guys then on the basketball board. I'm not an ignorant fan, im a DEMANDING fan. SILKY

Demanding not to fail, and then learn from it is ignorance.

You're "demanding"ness is almost impossible in sports. They're kids who are learning too. Just like you.

lakesbison
02-12-2007, 12:57 AM
hey, listen.

My standards are high.

When I saw the schedule, I said "shouldnt be ANY losses after IA State, and we choked at IPFW, therefore, Im done with it, dissappointed."

Mr._Burgundy
02-12-2007, 02:00 AM
Since Lakes is now off the bandwagon, do we allow him back on when we blow up the Mid Con? Do we need to take a vote? We are playing with 8 kids, barely any size, mostly freshman and sophomore and we are shocked by a road loss? Please. This stuff happens. It is sports. I am staying strong. Best young coach in the region, tons of young talent, one senior....zero seniors next year, two more athletes that can play next year (redshirts), Carlson coming in....the future is bright.
Dumbest things Lakes has ever said:
1) He wants Bison Hockey
2) Our recruiting class is not very good (football)
3) Our hoops season is done.
Anyone wonder if he will be at teammakers at Thursday? Or do you have a Suebooster meeting? ZING.....

lakesbison
02-12-2007, 02:08 AM
apparently the DUMBEST thing I ever said was:

"MR Burgandy is my friend!"

ill be there you son of a bitch!!!!

1. HOCKEY AT NDSU!! its coming!!

2. Football recruiting was subpar, BUT NOT HORRIBLE No D1A transfers, no BIG studs (looks from Big Ten, etc)

3. Mid con and 07-08 Ill be there

TheDoctor
02-12-2007, 03:27 AM

1. HOCKEY AT NDSU!! *its coming!!

2. Football recruiting was subpar, BUT NOT HORRIBLE No D1A transfers, no BIG studs (looks from Big Ten, etc)

THIS GUY IS OUT OF CONTROL! >:( Someone please SENSOR him or BAN him, for that matter. People should NOT have to read him cussing out :o :o Mr. Burgundy. You made your bed of nails Lakes, I think it's time to lay in it. ;)

sambini
02-12-2007, 03:52 AM
Lakes there will be no hockey at NDSU. The only ice up there will be in my cooler at tailgating. Mr.Burgundy well said++++

TaTonka_31
02-12-2007, 04:03 AM
Why would anyone want to start a sport at NDSU that is as boring as watching paint dry while at the same time ruin the whole athletic department because of Title IX. *

Not too bright. *

NDSUstudent
02-12-2007, 04:29 AM

Hmmm, why is somebody who calls our recruiting class subpar over here saying this over at Gopherhole????

LakesBison at 9:15 on Feb 11th 2007 said....

WLA and Veldman, along with Garret Johnson (chaska) Voitlander (Centennial) and 4 Sugarland Texas recruits will make NDSU amazing the next 4-5 years. believe that.

http://p218.ezboard.com/fthehole84398frm7.showMessage?topicID=16009.topic& index=40

TheDoctor
02-12-2007, 04:33 AM

Hmmm, why is somebody who calls our recruiting class subpar over here saying this over at Gopherhole????

WLA and Veldman, along with Garret Johnson (chaska) Voitlander (Centennial) and 4 Sugarland Texas recruits will make NDSU amazing the next 4-5 years. believe that.

http://p218.ezboard.com/fthehole84398frm7.showMessage?topicID=16009.topic& index=40

;D Nice work Student! ;D He is a piece of work, isn't he! ;D ;D

NDSUstudent
02-12-2007, 04:40 AM

;D *Nice work Student! *;D *He is a piece of work, isn't he! *;D *;D

Thats for sure! [smiley=thumbsup.gif] [smiley=thumbsup.gif] [smiley=thumbsup.gif]

I can't wait to see him try to spin his way out of what he has said this time *;D ;D

TAILG8R
02-12-2007, 04:47 PM
Grin Nice work Student! Grin He is a piece of work, isn't he! Grin Grin

He's definitely a piece of something. :P

TheDoctor
02-12-2007, 05:00 PM
Grin *Nice work Student! *Grin *He is a piece of work, isn't he! *Grin *Grin

He's definitely a piece of something. *:P

;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

Mr._Burgundy
02-12-2007, 05:48 PM
I had a friendly chat with Lakes today. He is officially off the hoops bandwagon, but I talked him off the cliff. I wish everyone who missed the signing day party could have seen the talent the football team brought in. BIG KIDS. Our coaches develop the talent. In regards to hockey....NO WAY. Not going to happen. As "politically correct" as Gene has to be at some points, he has been pretty clear that hockey is not in the plans. As of now, I think Lakes is safe and in no way harmful to the general public.....that is unless we play UND this year? That may tip him off.....Smile Lakes, life is good in Bisonville.

silkamilkamonico
02-12-2007, 11:16 PM
Since Lakes is now off the bandwagon, do we allow him back on when we blow up the Mid Con? *Do we need to take a vote? *We are playing with 8 kids, barely any size, mostly freshman and sophomore and we are shocked by a road loss? *Please. *This stuff happens. It is sports. *I am staying strong. *Best young coach in the region, tons of young talent, one senior....zero seniors next year, two more athletes that can play next year (redshirts), Carlson coming in....the future is bright. *
Dumbest things Lakes has ever said:
1) He wants Bison Hockey
2) Our recruiting class is not very good (football)
3) Our hoops season is done. *
Anyone wonder if he will be at teammakers at Thursday? *Or do you have a Suebooster meeting? *ZING.....

Don't forget,

1)Steve Walker should be BENCHED for Nick Mertens. *he was PLAYER OF THE YEAR in high school in MINNESOTA, and by the time we are playoff eligible, he will be READY!!

2)MARK MY WORDS!! *Josh Vaughn will START next season over Mike Nelson. *COUNT ON IT!!

Sorry Lakes, I couldn't resist. * ;D

silkamilkamonico
02-12-2007, 11:21 PM

2 things Lakes. *

Hockey isn't coming. *Are you willing to sacrifice the "sub-par" football program and "dissappoingting basketball program? *I'm not. *And I know a heck of a lot of boosters that put more money into the athletic programs then you do, and don't want it. *Too many people that have been NDSU fans longer then you've been born, and have put more money into the program then you've ever made, likes thing's just the way they are with football and basketball.

As far as the football recruiting goes, you need to understand something. *

-Big ten studs do not go to division 1 AA. *They just don't. *It might happen, but expecting it, or marking a recruiting class "successful" because of it is just pure ignornace.
-You think NDSU has a recruiting edge over UND? *Take that edge, times it by about 5, and then think Big Ten over D1aa.
-Why would you possibly think we would get a big time transfer? *We aren't even playoff eligible. *Think about that.

Good thing you're overpassionate lakes. *That way it makes up for your lack of understanding how Division 1 really works.

LakesBison!! Welcome to the wonderful world of Division 1!!

silkamilkamonico
02-12-2007, 11:26 PM

Dam Lakes. You've just been pwned!!!!