PDA

View Full Version : New Additions to the Bison Roster.  Breaking

bisonhusker
02-21-2007, 07:55 PM
With the flu bug hitting Winks, Woody, Zo and Pennick, the Bison football team will be on display for the final 4 games of the year. Breaking News......Nick Mertins, Jeremiah Werzbacher (Sp?), and making a return to the BSA, Dutun Obidina. I for one am excited to see the boys play tonight. Everyone will get some time as the flu has the coaches scrambling. Enjoy

NDSUstudent
02-21-2007, 07:59 PM
Now Winks is sick? Is he going to play tonight, how about Woody? After what I heard last night it didn't sound good for Pennick and Zo playing but are they still a no go for tonight?

bisonhusker
02-21-2007, 08:02 PM
Sounds like Zo is out. Hopeful the others will play. The football players will play. Bizarre turn of events.

NDSUstudent
02-21-2007, 08:09 PM
Sounds like Zo is out. *Hopeful the others will play. *The football players will play. *Bizarre turn of events. *

This is a bit bizarre but when your playing with 8 guys it shouldn't be unexpected. At least Bohl let Miles borrow some players, definately interested in seeing what Wurz can do out there.

Bison06
02-21-2007, 08:16 PM
I've played both with Wurz and against him during intramurals and he is a force to be reckoned with. We'll see how that intramurals at the BSA translates into Division I collegiate basketball. ;)

SlickVic
02-21-2007, 08:56 PM
whats a bisonhusker?

finch901
02-21-2007, 10:23 PM
wow that's gonna be awesome, i mean i think we could beat winston salem with our wrestling team but yeah i remember wurzbacher (sorry if spelling is wrong) was awesome at south.

TheDoctor
02-21-2007, 11:30 PM
whats a bisonhusker?

Its a guy who grew up in Fargo attended NDSU, went and worked in Lincoln (became a Huskers fan) and is now back in Fargo to follow the Bison for the rest of his life. Make sense??? *;) *

Larz
02-22-2007, 04:17 PM
The bisonhusker bleeds pure green some days and others pure yellow. Pays more attention to detail and good information before posting than most. I thank him for his posts.

sambini
02-22-2007, 06:04 PM
Great combination of two outstanding schools. Love both places and they mirror each other in many ways. Keep it up BisonHusker.+++

Ivy
02-22-2007, 07:13 PM
The "new" guys didn't play last night, but still fun to see them on the bench.

Are they going to stay on the team for the rest of the year?

DenverBison05
02-22-2007, 07:14 PM
The "new" guys didn't play last night, but still fun to see them on the bench. *

Are they going to stay on the team for the rest of the year?

Yes, coach Miles said that they will be on the roster for the rest of the season. Hopefully we'll see them play in one of the upcoming games.

bisonhusker
02-22-2007, 08:23 PM
I think you will see them in a game or two this year.

silkamilkamonico
02-22-2007, 10:40 PM
Dutun Obidina! I loved that guys name. I thought maybe he transferred or something. It'll be nice to see how the guys grind it out here at the end of season from being sick. Find a way Bison!

TheDoctor
02-22-2007, 10:51 PM
Dutun Obidina! *I loved that guys name. *I thought maybe he transferred or something. *It'll be nice to see how the guys grind it out here at the end of season from being sick. *Find a way Bison!

++++++ ;)

mikelsch
02-23-2007, 03:41 PM
Dutun Obidina! *I loved that guys name. *I thought maybe he transferred or something. *It'll be nice to see how the guys grind it out here at the end of season from being sick. *Find a way Bison!

I've always liked his name too...mainly for the following reason...

Replace the words "Hakuna Matata" from the famous Lion King song with "Dotun Obadina" and you have a very catchy 'tune' (which is coincidentally Dutun's nickname). :D ;D :D

IowaBison
02-23-2007, 03:58 PM
I think Funky Obadina (Funky Cold Medina).

Mid-Con_Jack
02-23-2007, 06:08 PM

You guys have it all wrong....it's the Paul McCartney song, from the Beatles White Album "Ob La Di Ob La Da".

I think I remember a couple Bison snickering when the Jacks had to recruit from the football team last year (and then beat the Bison in Frost). Might make for an interesting game.

Meanwhile, in Frost Arena today, getting ready to be real tough on the Bison women. If the threatened bad weather doesn't scare people away, there should be a huge crowd.

mikelsch
02-23-2007, 06:14 PM
I'm glad the games are on different nights this time around...would be nice to see both places packed. I think both games will be closer than expected, but SDSU women and NDSU men should both win at their respective homes.

IowaBison
02-23-2007, 06:18 PM

You guys have it all wrong....it's the Paul McCartney song, from the Beatles White Album "Ob La Di Ob La Da".

I think I remember a couple Bison snickering when the Jacks had to recruit from the football team last year (and then beat the Bison in Frost). Might make for an interesting game.

Meanwhile, in Frost Arena today, getting ready to be real tough on the Bison women. If the threatened bad weather doesn't scare people away, there should be a huge crowd.

You guys better sell the place out-signal to the WNIT that when there is a big game, the Lady Jacks are supported.

IowaBison
02-23-2007, 06:19 PM
I'm glad the games are on different nights this time around...would be nice to see both places packed. I think both games will be closer than expected, but SDSU women and NDSU men should both win at their respective homes.

I wouldn't be surprised if the Bison lost tomorrow night.

RodentiaX1
02-23-2007, 06:34 PM
A bison husker is someone who removes the husks from bison. Kind of like removing the husks from corn. Only the bison is bigger and presumably would object to being husked.

NDSUstudent
02-23-2007, 08:12 PM
I'm glad the games are on different nights this time around...would be nice to see both places packed. *I think both games will be closer than expected, but SDSU women and NDSU men should both win at their respective homes.

I wouldn't be surprised if the Bison lost tomorrow night.

I would be, the sick guys should be in better health and Dre will probably be more focused since this is his last game agains the rabbits. I do think the Jacks will come up here and give us a good fight but this team is hungry for 20 wins and will play at much higher level then what was shown against WSSU.

bisonhusker
02-23-2007, 08:23 PM
We will not lose at home to their men. that just won't happen. Mike Nelson destroys that poor kid, he has the last several times. Their athletic big guy (freshman) can't guard anyone, and he will be exposed....you heard it here. If they trap Woody, he splits it, and they have wide open looks all night long. I hope the football team gets in the game. In regards to the women's game....good luck to the lady Bison, can't wait for next year when we have more D1 talent on the team. It just isn't close in either game.

IowaBison
02-23-2007, 08:41 PM
We played WSSU close for a half; it was not pretty.

TheDoctor
02-24-2007, 05:39 AM
We played WSSU close for a half; it was not pretty.
I think it will be different at home. We are a great home team and the bottom line is the guys got a renewed vigor when they set a new goal. It almost seemed they didn't know what to motivate themselves with when the NIT hopes were over. Their new goal is 20 wins and I say they'll make sure that happens. Count on it!!!! ;)