PDA

View Full Version : IPFW Game Thread

kchats
03-04-2007, 12:45 AM
NDSU and IPFW struggling from the floor. Bison working hard and getting second and third shots and alot of IPFW turnovers. Bison lead 34-21 at the half. ;D

SDbison
03-04-2007, 01:51 AM
I just got home and listening to post game on Thunder Radio, no score yet.. *I know the Bison won, but what was the final score? *Any highlights? What was attendance like?*

TheDoctor
03-04-2007, 01:59 AM
I just got home and listening to post game on Thunder Radio, no score yet.. *I know the Bison won, but what was the final score? *Any highlights? *

Dre went out with a dunk! [smiley=shocked.gif] He was so excited. His parents sat right behid me and were very proud. Ofcouse the 4 horse men all had around 15 pts. Nice finish to the season boys. Until next year...................... ;)

SDbison
03-04-2007, 02:04 AM
I just got home and listening to post game on Thunder Radio, no score yet.. *I know the Bison won, but what was the final score? *Any highlights? *

Dre went out with a dunk! *[smiley=shocked.gif] *He was so excited. *His parents sat right behid me and were very proud. *Ofcouse the 4 horse men all had around 15 pts. *Nice finish to the season boys. *Until next year...................... ;)
Thanks for sharing. How about attendance? Did Dre get a standing ovation?

NDSUFREAK10
03-04-2007, 02:09 AM

Dre went out with a dunk! *[smiley=shocked.gif] *He was so excited. *His parents sat right behid me and were very proud. *Ofcouse the 4 horse men all had around 15 pts. *Nice finish to the season boys. *Until next year...................... ;)
Thanks for sharing. *How about attendance? *Did Dre get a standing ovation? *

4,000..........Did he get an ovation.......well.........yeah......if you call 4,000 people standing all at the same time after he got that dunk an ovation and then stood for a couple more minutes. ::)

kchats
03-04-2007, 02:10 AM
Final score was 73-57. Bison took all the starters out to a big round of applause with about 2 minutes left. Game was never in doubt. Neither team shot very well from the outside. The Bison scored most of their points on drives to the hoop. Andre finished his career with a thunderous two handed dunk. Great win for a very good team and a great career with the Bison for Andre. ;D ;D ;D

TheBisonator
03-04-2007, 02:33 AM
Attendance was 4,053. Our final per-game average for this season was 2,625. An improvement of 137 per game from last year.

Let's shoot for 3,000 per game in 08.

Mr._Burgundy
03-04-2007, 02:38 AM
What a way to end your career. Two handed flush with the crowd in your pocket. Pretty sweet ending. He was pumped. Awesome crowd...and students. Pennick had a great dunk in the halfcourt set as well. I thought Winks was unreal tonight. Nellie was awesome, I think he had 15 in the first half and Woody was Woody. Always in control. Congrats to the the staff on 20 wins!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Jdubs21
03-04-2007, 02:42 AM
CONGRATS BISON AND THANKS YOU ANDRE FOR AN AMAZING 2 YEARS!!! YOU WILL BE MISSED

westsidebison
03-04-2007, 02:45 AM
Great crowd, Great night for Dre! And what fitting end for him!! Pennick also had a Monster dunk!!

NDSUFREAK10
03-04-2007, 02:46 AM
Plus the bird yells were in full affect! ;D ;)

Gamehunter
03-04-2007, 03:21 AM
ONLY 3k with a mid-con schedule? IMO next season will average at least 3500 and possibly 4k. Who did we play at the BSA besides K-State? nobody....the fans will show up when we arn't playing clunkers like Mayville/SWMS/Jamestown/NJIT/IPFW/(fill in your favorite whipping boy here). That isn't a knock to this years schedule, Tim put together a fine one for an indy team, but Basketball is a sport that will be changed greatly with the Mid Con on the horizon, something that fans actually have a chance to follow and keep up with the standings.

sambini
03-04-2007, 03:50 AM
Nice win BISON ++++++

99Bison
03-04-2007, 03:59 AM
ONLY 3k with a mid-con schedule? IMO next season will average at least 3500 and possibly 4k. Who did we play at the BSA besides K-State? nobody....the fans will show up when we arn't playing clunkers like Mayville/SWMS/Jamestown/NJIT/IPFW/(fill in your favorite whipping boy here). That isn't a knock to this years schedule, Tim put together a fine one for an indy team, but Basketball is a sport that will be changed greatly with the Mid Con on the horizon, something that fans actually have a chance to follow and keep up with the standings.

I agree, the local fans want to go to games, but not clunkers. Next year, and especially if we do some good winning to start the season, we should be able to average 4k.

99Bison
03-04-2007, 04:00 AM
What a way to end your career. Two handed flush with the crowd in your pocket. Pretty sweet ending. He was pumped. Awesome crowd...and students. Pennick had a great dunk in the halfcourt set as well. I thought Winks was unreal tonight. Nellie was awesome, I think he had 15 in the first half and Woody was Woody. Always in control. Congrats to the the staff on 20 wins!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The only rip was that they called traveling on the dunk (on the pass) so it didn't count :-/

TheDoctor
03-04-2007, 04:05 AM
CONGRATS BISON AND THANKS YOU ANDRE FOR AN AMAZING 2 YEARS!!! YOU WILL BE MISSED

++++++++++++++ ;)

DIBISON
03-04-2007, 04:32 AM
ONLY 3k with a mid-con schedule? *IMO next season will average at least 3500 and possibly 4k. *Who did we play at the BSA besides K-State? *nobody....the fans will show up when we arn't playing clunkers like Mayville/SWMS/Jamestown/NJIT/IPFW/(fill in your favorite whipping boy here). *That isn't a knock to this years schedule, Tim put together a fine one for an indy team, but Basketball is a sport that will be changed greatly with the Mid Con on the horizon, something that fans actually have a chance to follow and keep up with the standings.

I agree, the local fans want to go to games, but not clunkers. Next year, and especially if we do some good winning to start the season, we should be able to average 4k.

The game last Saturday against the Jacks and the one tonight had 4,000+ fans and that will be more common next year. Starting play in the Mid Con is going to make a huge difference in basketball attendance beginning next year. I believe 4,000 a game is going to be the norm for next year.

TransAmBison
03-04-2007, 05:33 AM
Plus the bird yells were in full affect! *;D ;)
My wife got quite a bang out of those. She really laughed at the band guy who was exceptionally loud.

NDSUFREAK10
03-04-2007, 03:44 PM
Plus the bird yells were in full affect! *;D ;)
My wife got quite a bang out of those. *She really laughed at the band guy who was exceptionally loud.

Most definitley. He kind of puts the icing on the cake at the end!

BisBison
03-04-2007, 03:47 PM
ONLY 3k with a mid-con schedule? *IMO next season will average at least 3500 and possibly 4k. *Who did we play at the BSA besides K-State? *nobody....the fans will show up when we arn't playing clunkers like Mayville/SWMS/Jamestown/NJIT/IPFW/(fill in your favorite whipping boy here). *That isn't a knock to this years schedule, Tim put together a fine one for an indy team, but Basketball is a sport that will be changed greatly with the Mid Con on the horizon, something that fans actually have a chance to follow and keep up with the standings.

Why do you include IPFW in this "whipping boy" category? As I recall they beat us at their place. Plus they are joining us in the Mid-Con, or whatever it'll be called next year.

Bisonguy
03-04-2007, 03:55 PM

Why do you include IPFW in this "whipping boy" category? As I recall they beat us at their place. Plus they are joining us in the Mid-Con, or whatever it'll be called next year.

NDSU split with IPFW last year, as well. 2-2 isn't exactly a whipping boy.

sambini
03-04-2007, 04:47 PM
Just the begining of a new Rival in the MID-CON.

TheDoctor
03-04-2007, 08:02 PM
Just the begining of a new Rival in the MID-CON.

They have a solid coach who obviously knows how to win (played in the chamionship with Mike Davis). They'll be a strong program.

BigBison
03-04-2007, 09:27 PM
The students also chanted, "We Love Andre!!" as he walked off the court after that dunk.

Ivy
03-05-2007, 12:02 AM
What a way to end your career. *Two handed flush with the crowd in your pocket. *Pretty sweet ending. *He was pumped. *Awesome crowd...and students. *Pennick had a great dunk in the halfcourt set as well. *I thought Winks was unreal tonight. *Nellie was awesome, I think he had 15 in the first half and Woody was Woody. *Always in control. *Congrats to the the staff on 20 wins!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The only rip was that they called traveling on the dunk (on the pass) so it didn't count :-/

I think the dunk did count. Miles called the time out to sub in Sam for Andre and that was the reason the ref was making that signal. Anyone else see that?

02Bison
03-05-2007, 12:15 AM
What a way to end your career. *Two handed flush with the crowd in your pocket. *Pretty sweet ending. *He was pumped. *Awesome crowd...and students. *Pennick had a great dunk in the halfcourt set as well. *I thought Winks was unreal tonight. *Nellie was awesome, I think he had 15 in the first half and Woody was Woody. *Always in control. *Congrats to the the staff on 20 wins!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I think the dunk did count. *Miles called the time out to sub in Sam for Andre and that was the reason the ref was making that signal. *Anyone else see that?

I believe the dunk counted as well. I believe the timeout was only taken as it was the perfect time for Andre to go out of the game for the final time. What a way for him to go out. Thank you Andre for being an entertaining/energetic post player the last two years. Its something the Bison had been missing in the years I attended NDSU (late 90's/early 00's).

02Bison
03-05-2007, 01:31 AM

I think the dunk did count. *Miles called the time out to sub in Sam for Andre and that was the reason the ref was making that signal. *Anyone else see that?

From Gobison.com

GOOD! DUNK by Andre Smith [FB/PNT] 02:00 70-52 H 18
ASSIST by Austin Pennick 02:00
TIMEOUT 30sec

02Bison
03-05-2007, 01:38 AM
I hope the Bison can find some sort of post presence next year to replace Andre. Every team needs a player able to get the hard points down low, and hit those boards hard.