PDA

View Full Version : Mid Con Tourney

WePharm
03-06-2007, 02:44 AM
What would it take for Fargo (or Sioux Falls) to host the Mid Con tourney? I think it was briefly
mentioned on a thread some time ago. Does Tulsa have a lock on it for a number of years? The idea of the FFD being a neutral court is rather appealing! I have to believe we could sell at least 2500-3000 tickets locally.

TheDoctor
03-06-2007, 02:58 AM
What would it take for Fargo (or Sioux Falls) to host the Mid Con tourney? I think it was briefly
mentioned on a thread some time ago. Does Tulsa have a lock on it for a number of years? The idea of the FFD being a neutral court is rather appealing! I have to believe we could sell at least 2500-3000 tickets locally.

An addition to the Fargo Dome maybe??? ;)

thebluehatman
03-06-2007, 03:01 AM
I could just hear the explosions going off after every dunk ;D.

kchats
03-06-2007, 03:02 AM
Actually it has to be at a neutral court. The FargoDome court would qualify as would the Sioux Falls arena.

NDSUFREAK10
03-06-2007, 03:04 AM
http://laerer.vucaarhus.dk/PN/Jack%20Bauer.jpg
I'll get the tourney here......there isn't a motha $#&@^* that can stand ni my way. Oh, I'll get it here....

roadwarrior
03-06-2007, 10:19 AM
The tournament is in Tulsa this year. The final year of a four year deal.

IowaBisonToo
03-06-2007, 01:35 PM
Actually it has to be at a neutral court. *The FargoDome court would qualify as would the Sioux Falls arena.
It may be neutral but it also sucks. I think you'd be better off putting it in the Tyson Events Center in Sioux City. At least that's new and can hold maybe 4000 for basketball (not sure what the BB seating capacity is). Problem is, you wouldn't get that many people travelling to Sewer City.

Mr_Meanor
03-06-2007, 03:03 PM
Actually it has to be at a neutral court. *The FargoDome court would qualify as would the Sioux Falls arena.
It may be neutral but it also sucks. *I think you'd be better off putting it in the Tyson Events Center in Sioux City. *At least that's new and can hold maybe 4000 for basketball (not sure what the BB seating capacity is). *Problem is, you wouldn't get that many people travelling to Sewer City.

I was thinking the new hockey arena in the UP developemnet would be a great spot fro the MidCon Tournment

mikelsch
03-06-2007, 03:38 PM
From an earlier article in the Forum, it sounds like it will be tough to wrestle the tourney away from Tulsa. *I thought I read their previous bid was somewhere around $250-300K. *I can't look up the article for free because it was published on Feb 25.

Championship game is on ESPN tonight at 6 PM central time: Oral Roberts vs. Oakland

NDSUstudent
03-06-2007, 03:55 PM
It may be neutral but it also sucks. *I think you'd be better off putting it in the Tyson Events Center in Sioux City. *At least that's new and can hold maybe 4000 for basketball (not sure what the BB seating capacity is). *Problem is, you wouldn't get that many people travelling to Sewer City.

I doubt the dome would suck with 10k in it if NDSU makes the title game. As for Sioux City [smiley=thumbdown.gif] NDSU and SDSU would be better off getting togather with one of the arena's in the Twin Cities and hosting it there.

IowaBisonToo
03-06-2007, 04:20 PM

I doubt the dome would suck with 10k in it if NDSU makes the title game. As for Sioux City *[smiley=thumbdown.gif] *NDSU and SDSU would be better off getting togather with one of the arena's in the Twin Cities and hosting it there.
My bad. I should have clarified, the Sioux Falls Arena sucks. But, if you bring up Sioux Falls you might as well bring up Sioux City. Don't kid yourself, I think you could draw as well in Sioux City as you could in Sioux Falls even though SDSU is only 45 minutes away.

TXBison_Fan
03-06-2007, 04:34 PM
Anxious to see the championship hame to night and see what we are up against. Also saw that article in the Fourm. One thing working in our favor is Tulsa always has to worry about attendence. I know they were happy because Oral Roberts reached the final but they always worry about fannies in the seats. I think the FFD could do that. People would be really excited about postseason bball coming to Fargo.

bisonhusker
03-06-2007, 08:57 PM
I am going to the Mid Con tourney when Woody and the boys are seniors. No question about it. Then, after they win it, and become a #14 seed and have to play a stud team....I will be there too. I can't imagine how fun that will be. Miles stated that we would compete VERY well in the conference right now, but Oral Roberts has bigtime length that we tend to struggle with. I also look forward to watching tonights game. Just imagine, when we get into the tourney (only two short years), we just need to get hot for that one week to get to the big dance. You have to love it. Thanks to everyone for going D1!!!!!
Now go give money to Team Makers so we can keep this thing going!!!!!

thebluehatman
03-06-2007, 09:00 PM

I doubt the dome would suck with 10k in it if NDSU makes the title game. As for Sioux City *[smiley=thumbdown.gif] *NDSU and SDSU would be better off getting togather with one of the arena's in the Twin Cities and hosting it there.
My bad. *I should have clarified, the Sioux Falls Arena sucks. *But, if you bring up Sioux Falls you might as well bring up Sioux City. *Don't kid yourself, I think you could draw as well in Sioux City as you could in Sioux Falls even though SDSU is only 45 minutes away.
I'd much rather see SDSU play at the Swiftel Center than the so called Arena. The Arena is a God awful place that needs to be nuked...Plus Daktronics is just across the street so we could provide awesome video and scoring equipment.

TheDoctor
03-06-2007, 09:16 PM
I am going to the Mid Con tourney when Woody and the boys are seniors. *No question about it. *Then, after they win it, and become a #14 seed and have to play a stud team....I will be there too. *I can't imagine how fun that will be. *Miles stated that we would compete VERY well in the conference right now, but Oral Roberts has bigtime length that we tend to struggle with. *I also look forward to watching tonights game. *Just imagine, when we get into the tourney (only two short years), we just need to get hot for that one week to get to the big dance. *You have to love it. *Thanks to everyone for going D1!!!!!
Now go give money to Team Makers so we can keep this thing going!!!!!

Are we road tripping or flying? I vote road trip! [smiley=beer.gif] [smiley=beer.gif] [smiley=beer.gif] [smiley=beer.gif] [smiley=beer.gif] [smiley=beer.gif] [smiley=beer.gif] [smiley=beer.gif] [smiley=beer.gif] [smiley=beer.gif] [smiley=beer.gif]