PDA

View Full Version : Vaughan

Bison06
03-02-2007, 01:51 PM
I just read over on Bisonzone that Vaughan had surgery on his shooting elbow last spring. We have all been pretty hard on him for not stepping up to the plate like most of us thought he would. Was everyone aware that he underwent surgery or am I the only one who missed it. It seems to me that if everyone did know about this he should have had somewhat of a pass when it came to his shooting ability this season. Any thoughts?

SDbison
03-02-2007, 02:00 PM
Sounded more like he got too tight in game situations and couldn't make a basket. The more it went on, the more it got into his head. Apparently Vaughn has been an outstanding shooter during practice according to writers, announcers, other players and coaches.

Bison06
03-02-2007, 02:07 PM
I agree that is the more likely scenario, but he was quoted in the article as saying that his shot hasn't felt right all year. Either way it sounds like he may be breaking out of his shell a little bit when it comes to game situations. They are gonna need him next year that is for sure.

SDbison
03-02-2007, 02:15 PM
I also think Smith, Winks, Nelly and Woody set such a high standard in their first two years at the DI level that it puts extra pressure on the young guys coming up. *That can be good and bad. *Just think about playing out there with four guys who average over 15 points. *If you miss a couple shots that you and the other guys expect you would make then you might be less confident and more tentative about taking a shot the next time. *You could also think your missed scoring opportunities would have been better served if the top scorers had taken the shots instead. *Maybe I don't have a clue, but thats what I think is happening with this years Freshmen. *It might actually take them longer to play like they are capable. *Then again some might not be good enough to be dependable scorers off the bench, or ever see action as a starter.

minifan
03-02-2007, 02:51 PM
Played all his senior year with a bad shooting arm. Caused his scoring average to slide but the rest of his game really improved. It helped having the Dahlman brothers that last year. Lots of assists, blocks, and rebounds for Vaughn.

99Bison
03-02-2007, 02:51 PM
I just read over on Bisonzone that Vaughan had surgery on his shooting elbow last spring. We have all been pretty hard on him for not stepping up to the plate like most of us thought he would. Was everyone aware that he underwent surgery or am I the only one who missed it. It seems to me that if everyone did know about this he should have had somewhat of a pass when it came to his shooting ability this season. Any thoughts?

This was one reason he wasn't more highly recruited out of HS. I believe he developed the problem his JR year in HS and medically no one was sure how it would work out healing wise, and as a senior basically didn't shoot all any more and couldn't lift his arm above his head...

NDSUstudent
03-02-2007, 05:33 PM
I think last night was what Vaughan is capable of and that is being a deadly three point threat off the bench(Kind of like an Adam Dobmeier or Phil Hahn). Every team needs that type of player, hopefully last night was a sign of things to come.

Jdubs21
03-02-2007, 06:59 PM
hahahaha.....woody had surgery too and he is doing just fine...he had the fricken surgery last spring he is at 100%, dont take that long for it to heal

Bison06
03-02-2007, 07:50 PM
Correct me if I'm wrong but didn't Woody have surgery on his non shooting wrist?

mikelsch
03-02-2007, 08:15 PM
Correct me if I'm wrong but didn't Woody have surgery on his non shooting wrist?
Non-shooting wrist for Woody

Great job last night by Josh Vaughan

Mr._Bill
03-02-2007, 08:40 PM
It did take 27 games, but I am glad that he showed us what he is capable of. Surprisingly, he got back on my good list in 1 game. I look forward to good things next year. He adds to a great list of sharp shooters on the bison.

SirHinn
03-03-2007, 12:21 AM
Would love to see Mr. Vaughn get some consistency to his game. Clearly he has the ability but that doesn't appear to be the problem. It appears to be a pyschological problem. Hopefully he can keep his confidence level as high as where its at and it will carry into Saturday. Good to see a player like Josh have a great game like that.

TheDoctor
03-03-2007, 03:37 AM
Would love to see Mr. Vaughn get some consistency to his game. *Clearly he has the ability but that doesn't appear to be the problem. *It appears to be a pyschological problem. *Hopefully he can keep his confidence level as high as where its at and it will carry into Saturday. *Good to see a player like Josh have a great game like that.

+++++++++ ;)

Jdubs21
03-03-2007, 04:39 AM
ill be a beleiver when he can step up against a good team....not a team no better than mayville state

TheDoctor
03-03-2007, 02:06 PM
ill be a beleiver when he can step up against a good team....not a team no better than mayville state

Baby steps...baby steps. He absolutely could not put the ball in the basket in a regulation game no matter who they were playing before Thursday. When a good shooter has no confidence in his ability to shoot in games, it does not matter if they were playing Concordia....they just can't shoot. So, that being said, hopefully Josh has gotten some of his self confidence back after Thursday night. I guess we can only wait and see tonight. :D

Jdubs21
03-03-2007, 04:35 PM
haha well dont u guys thinks its a little sad...he has ONE decnt game and everyone kisses his ass.....i dont see anyone making a post for any of the other players when they put up 15-20 points EVERY game....so whoever posted this should jsut take it off...or make a post for everyone, i just dont think he deserves an entire post until he can start doing this night in and night out....dont get me wrong i want to see the kid get better...i mean who doesnt?, but i just aint gonna praise him for one game...cuz up to this point i think he has proved nothing

Flintstone
03-03-2007, 05:19 PM
I think it was great that he shot the ball well. I was hoping he would have had a game like that earlier in the season but it didn't happen. I guess the success that last years freshman class had kind of spoiled us all. I was dissapointed in Vaughn this year but then I had to remind myself that he's only a freshman, and not every guy that comes into the program is going to perform like Woodside or Winks.

Hopefully he'll have his confidence now and can be a contributor next year.

Bison06
03-03-2007, 05:38 PM
haha well dont u guys thinks its a little sad...he has ONE decnt game and everyone kisses his ass.....i dont see anyone making a post for any of the other players when they put up 15-20 points EVERY game....so whoever posted this should jsut take it off...or make a post for everyone, i just dont think he deserves an entire post until he can start doing this night in and night out....dont get me wrong i want to see the kid get better...i mean who doesnt?, but i just aint gonna praise him for one game...cuz up to this point i think he has proved nothing

Well maybe you should go back and read the original post of this thread before you go spouting off about how he doesn't deserve his own thread. It was about his injury not how wonderful he is.

TheDoctor
03-03-2007, 11:07 PM

Well maybe you should go back and read the original post of this thread before you go spouting off about how he doesn't deserve his own thread. *It was about his injury not how wonderful he is.

;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

cabis
03-05-2007, 03:30 AM
Any word on Vaughn being hurt or anything in the IPFW game. He only played 4 minutes and after his effort against NJIT I would have expected a bit more.

TheDoctor
03-05-2007, 08:40 PM
Any word on Vaughn being hurt or anything in the IPFW game. He only played 4 minutes and after his effort against NJIT I would have expected a bit more.

I was thinking the same thing. :-/

mikelsch
03-06-2007, 03:44 PM

I was thinking the same thing. *:-/

I don't think he was hurt, my guess is that he just played his standard minutes for the season. *No offense to Vaughan, but he and the other reserves played a lot in that game because NJ Tech is horrible ---> probably even worse than UND. *(oops I let that one slip)

Jdubs21
03-07-2007, 04:38 AM
lol