PDA

View Full Version : Job Openings

Wyoherdman
03-12-2007, 11:00 PM
I heard there are something like 18 coaching openings across D-1 basketball programs. Any speculation on how many will be courting Miles? Hopefully he has loyalty to SU and stay, but there will be alot of dollars flying around.

Mr._Burgundy
03-13-2007, 12:57 AM
I heard Colorado State opened up today....if so, I am not excited about that opening. Can anyone confirm if that opened up?

Mr._Bill
03-13-2007, 01:01 AM
Wyoming opening also, yes CO State opening.

TaTonka_31
03-13-2007, 03:53 AM
Boy, I sure agree with CSU getting a new coach. He did not get anywhere near the potential out of the players he had in that program. Two quality 7 footers and a couple of good slashers.

Jason Smith will declare for sure now.

I just hope that who ever the new coach will be, will not want to buy out of the Bison game at the BSA next season.

BBJunkie
03-13-2007, 12:54 PM
I agree that we may want to be conserned about Colorado State, possibly Wyoming.

I have to get this off my chest also. Believe me, I want Coach Miles to stay as bad as anyone, but, when I see comments like, "I hope he is loyal to SU", it is very frustrating. I hope nothing negative was meant by that statement. I think Coach Miles has shown his loyalty, and if a GREAT opportunity comes his way, we should want him to stay, but also want what is best for him and his family. Questioning loyalty is unfair when someone has opportunities to better themselves.

Coach Miles will make decisions based on what is best for everyone invovled, and that does not mean he is not loyal. If he stays at NDSU another week, or another 10 years, he has given this program life that it has NEVER had, and for that, I am grateful and happy for him to have opportunities to improve and advance his career.

Good Luck Coach.

BTW: Coach Miles is on the recruiting trail as we speak, what does that tell you about his loyalty?

Wyoherdman
03-13-2007, 02:47 PM
Hey BBjunkie, you make it seem like I'm personally attacking Coach Miles. Don't quite know how you made that leap from my comments. Ever consider Paxil?

What I meant was that sometimes coaches (not necessarily Miles) make moves purely for the dollars and they wind up in a bad situation. Even though NDSU probably can't put together a pay package to match either UW or CSU, both of those programs have some disadvantages over NDSU. And NDSU has the potential of meeting or exceeding these programs if they continue to progress as they have been. CSU has pathetic fan support, even when their team is having some success. They brought all of about 100 fans to their rivalry game at UW this year. How many NDSU fans went to SDSU this year? Also, try recruiting to Laramie. Its much less attractive than Fargo. With a new autobid conference, possible new state of the art arena, and all arrows pointing up, a coach may have much larger rewards waiting in a few years.

I'm not saying he's a bad person if he decides to leave. You are correct in saying that he has done huge things for SU b-ball, but the grass seems pretty green right where he is at, with plenty of money, recognition, etc to come.

Ivy
03-13-2007, 02:55 PM
Miles was interviewed on the news last week about this very topic. He said that he and his family like it here in Fargo and at North Dakota State. He isn't looking for a new job. He said if someone would approach him, things would be looked at, but everything would have to be right for them to leave.

He also said the players are an awesome group of kids and it would be tough to leave them.

I'm more concerned about CSU not wanting to hold up their end of the 2 for 1 and skip out on the game at Fargo.

BBJunkie
03-13-2007, 04:11 PM
79FCourt, I apologize if I was over the top with my comments. I just remember last year with the Wilmington situation, I heard rumblings, some on here, about Tim's loyalty, and grumblings about, "chasing the money", and I just believe those comments are unfair.

A couple of points about CSU and Wyoming. Although locatino is not great in Laramie, remember that they are the only show in town, and then brings lots of resources for recruiting. As for CSU, remember that Tim has a way of drawing in the fans, and drumming up support. I certainly am not pushing him out the door, but those are the type of programs, in the type of conferences that help Tim get a Big 10 job down the road. I think there is a step between NDSU and a major conference, and both of those are that type of step.

Lets wait and see what transpires. I also know that the Miles' really like it in Fargo and at NDSU. We are fortunate to have a coach who appears to be a hot commodity. Tim places a lot on family values and what is best for everyone involved. He will not make a bad decision.

BearsCountry
03-13-2007, 10:29 PM
3 in the MVC as of right now:
Illinois State
Indiana State
Evansville

Hopefully Missouri State will be one as well. ;)

sambini
03-16-2007, 08:40 AM
Illinois State could this be Ray Jacks next stop? He was an assistant there before? HE is from Illinois.

Esquire
03-18-2007, 01:25 AM
Michigan job just opened up...which will then open another job after that one is filled....and another....and another...