PDA

View Full Version : Miles to go before we sleep...

lakesbison
03-13-2007, 04:39 AM
Lets hope that message boards are just full of hot air.. (i.e- see bisonville, ha ha)

http://www.ramnation.com/message_board/athletics/2007/March/12/829071.php

Subject: Oh, and while we're at it: Tim Jankovich, Mike Montgomery, Blaine Taylor.....
Posted by: zjb58 on Mon Mar 12 2007 7:22:53 PM
.....Mike Dunlap, Tim Miles.....anyone else?

They already have Tim Miles in thier TOP 5.

that my friends is crazy respect, hard to believe many coloradan's know who he is.

lakesbison
03-13-2007, 04:52 AM
another thread:

....who is one of the top assistants at a little old school nobody ever
heard. I think there name is Kansas or something.

Blaine Taylor-is the coach at Old Dominion. He's put together some
solid seasons with ODU and has them in the tourney this year. CSU
would be the next step up for him.

Mike Dunlap-Yes I have my doubts about him too. Especially as to
why the guy is so hesitant to go to the D1 level. That said, if he wants
the challenge, you have to give him a look based on his credentials. He
also has a good foreign pipeline of players. I like Dale's recruiting, but it
never hurts to open up one more avenue.

Tim Miles-Coach at North Dakota State. Led an independent program
to upset road wins over #12 Wisconsin and #8 Marquette in the past
two seasons. Great recruiter. Might be a bit of a longshot, but he'll be
going places when that program gets elibigle for the NCAA Tourney in
two years.

OH. check out the RIP on North Dakota HS

Subject: Smoke and mirrors meets mr. dream-job
Posted by: sacRAMento on Mon Mar 12 2007 1:51:34 PM
Sounds like all the makings for a run at the North Dakota High School
State Title.

roper
03-13-2007, 01:40 PM
Lakes,

I didn't know we'd see you posting poetry. I had to memorize that poem in Mrs. Schulstad's 3rd grade class at Clara Barton. :)

Snoop-a-Loop
03-15-2007, 01:57 PM
Anybody hear any names of candidates for the Colorado State and Wyoming jobs????

mikelsch
03-15-2007, 02:48 PM
Latest on coaching rumors
http://www.sportsline.com/collegebasketball/story/10060195

Kevin O'Neill to Denver?
Heath Schroyer to Wyoming?
Plus more

Nothing noted on Colorado State

ACES1180
03-15-2007, 04:55 PM
IMHO, I think Miles wants to at least be around when Woodside and Co. are seniors and eligible for the Big Dance. Basically, finishing what he started when he recruited that fine class of players. :)

BBJunkie
03-15-2007, 07:03 PM
Ricky Bobby, now hearing a ton on either right now. As for Coach Miles, I am thinking Coach Miles may have a better opportunity with CSU, primarily because we have played them, and Coach Miles may have more connections in the Colorado area than Wyoming. This is all an assumption, but make some sense.

Aces: I hope you are right, and I would love to see Coach stay and finish with this group, but there will be MANY opportunities out there, which will make that decsion VERY difficult.

lakesbison
03-16-2007, 02:28 AM
Thanks Roper.. Im really an avid poet.

I can limmerick with the best of them as well.

Jdubs21
03-16-2007, 07:46 PM
miles wont leave till woody and company goes...end of story so everyone stop saying how he is going here or going there...if he didnt go go last year why would this year be any different, especially after the season we had this year and with mr, carlson coming on board..lol ;D

Ivy
03-16-2007, 09:42 PM
I love all of the speculation as if we know what Miles is thinking. *laugh. *We don't know why he didn't go last year other than the fact that he said it just didn't "feel right." *We don't know if he would stay or go this year either. *Although this year's soph class is a great one, they will be gone eventually, too. *Either way is fine....Miles is a great coach and NDSU should be glad to have him on staff. *But Taylor and his staff have a way of finding great replacements, too, so I don't worry.

NDSUFREAK10
03-16-2007, 09:54 PM
IMHO, I think Miles wants to at least be around when Woodside and Co. are seniors and eligible for the Big Dance. Basically, finishing what he started when he recruited that fine class of players. :)

I agree. It wouldn't be worth his time to leave NDSU after all he has done and not see coach them to the NCAA Tournament. Besides, he has to get us that Mid-Con win as well!

Jdubs21
03-16-2007, 10:27 PM
i just think its funny how everyone thinks our program will be devasted and never recover if miles leave...yes it would hurt but just remember who we have sitting at mayville state waiting for this job to open...a man by the name of craig smith who is one of miles apprentices and someone who brought mayville state from an 0-25 team and he arrives brings in some kids and has been to the national tournament every year he has been there not to mention 1 game away from the championship this year, so rest easy bison fans...if miles does decide to go we got another amazing coach waiting in the wings ;D

Ivy
03-17-2007, 12:39 AM
i just think its funny how everyone thinks our program will be devasted and never recover if miles leave...yes it would hurt but just remember who we have sitting at mayville state waiting for this job to open...a man by the name of craig smith who is one of miles apprentices and someone who brought mayville state from an 0-25 team and he arrives brings in some kids and has been to the national tournament every year he has been there not to mention 1 game away from the championship this year, so rest easy bison fans...if miles does decide to go we got another amazing coach waiting in the wings ;D

Ummmm..... NAIA staight to DI? *Doubt it.

Jdubs21
03-17-2007, 01:33 AM
u would....he was at SU for quite a few years...dont doubt it...he obiviously has talent as a coach

Ivy
03-17-2007, 03:16 AM
u would....he was at SU for quite a few years...dont doubt it...he obiviously has talent as a coach

I know he was at NDSU. He is also a UND grad.

Jdubs21
03-17-2007, 03:35 AM
but he learned how to coach from miles.....not glass...HAHAHAHA ;D ;D ;D

NDSUFREAK10
03-17-2007, 03:47 AM

;D ;D :D ;D ;D VERY NICE!

TheDoctor
03-17-2007, 04:53 AM

Thats for sure! :D

Jdubs21
03-17-2007, 05:04 AM
so as i said b4 anyone who can take a mayville state team who didnt win a game he got handed that job and i am guessin started in april or may and when november came around he took them to the national tourney....enough said i dont give a shit what division it is...thats COACHING at its finest

Seve7
03-18-2007, 04:24 AM

I know he was at NDSU. *He is also a UND grad.

He is also the guy that UND looked past when they hired Jones.

Wyoherdman
03-18-2007, 04:31 PM
I read in the Cheyenne newspaper today that Miles was named as being on UW's "radar" along with a few others, but Burman (AD) has not contacted NDSU to ask for permission to speak to him, yet.

BBJunkie
03-19-2007, 02:00 AM
Jdubs21, get a grip. First of all, get your facts straight, Mayville state won 1 game the year before Craig took over the program. I believe they were 1-25, but I will need to check the record book. Craig Smith is a very good, up and coming coach, but, sit down with him for a few minutes and he will be the first to tell you that he will NOT be able to jump from Mayville State to NDSU. I think the world of Mayville. It has proven to be a good breeding ground for young coaches. Miles started his career there, took Craig under his wing there his first year. Coach Smith will have some opportunities if he chooses to pursue them, but if Miles leaves, NDSU will not be one of them, not yet. This is not a critism of a great young coach, it is the reality of this situation, and Coach Smith would be the first to admit to that.

Congratulations Comets on your runner-up finish in the NAIA national tournament. Well done Coach Smith. Keep up the good work.

Jdubs21
03-19-2007, 12:15 PM
haha get my facts straight...your gonna get your panties in a bunch about i said they didnt win a game and they won 1?...oh and have u talked to coach smith or something...did he tell u he wasnt ready for the position at ndsu IF it opens up, which i am highly doubting it will...so dont tell me to get my facts straight...unless u have personally talked to smith himself dont open your mouth, i guarantee you if he got offered the position he wouldnt turn it down u dumb ass....lets see here should i stay at mayville and make 20 grand or move to fargo coach a great team and make a 100 grand....HMMMMM I WONDER!!!....haha your a funny one there junkie lol

BisonFarmer
03-19-2007, 03:16 PM
Yeah no one would ever be able to go from NAIA to DI.... Bo Ryan never did it....

BBJunkie
03-19-2007, 03:28 PM
Jdubs21, can you read? Did I say, if he is offered the NDSU job we won't go? I said the he knows he will not be able to make that jump, that is about NDSU and D-1 basketball, that has nothing to do with Craig. It is no wonder you are so blinded by Craigs success, you haven't even read the post to know what was said.

If you are able to cut and paste, you show me where I said that he would turn down NDSU and stay in Mayville.

BTW: I have talked to Coach Smith MANY times, he and are are no strangers.

Jdubs21
03-19-2007, 05:07 PM
Jdubs21, can you read? * Did I say, if he is offered the NDSU job we won't go? *I said the he knows he will not be able to make that jump, that is about NDSU and D-1 basketball, that has nothing to do with Craig. *It is no wonder you are so blinded by Craigs success, you haven't even read the post to know what was said.

If you are able to cut and paste, you show me where I said that he would turn down NDSU and stay in Mayville.

BTW: *I have talked to Coach Smith MANY times, he and are are no strangers.

are u from mayville? do 4 of your friends play for coach smith? i dont think so....i am gonna stick to my sources they know him better than anyone...i am going on people that know him first hand, not people who have prolly walked by him in scheels and said "hi coach smith" and claim that as meeting them several times and thinkin they are such close buddies...hahaha your a funny one junkie

colt46
03-19-2007, 08:33 PM
Actually Bo Ryan went from DIII to DI.

Jdubs, you need to relax for goodness sake. Craig is a great coach, he will not get the NDSU job.

Jdubs21
03-20-2007, 04:48 AM
actually scroll up...i didnt start it...i was implying that when miles does eventually leave that we will have 1 good coach to come im when the time comes....meaning in prolly 3 or 4 years when miles leaves, i wasnt saying smith was going to get the job today...haha so i am not the one that needs to relax..lol

colt46
03-20-2007, 04:09 PM
http://www.sportsline.com/collegebasketball/story/10071660/1

http://www.sportsline.com/collegebasketball/story/10071660/2

Great story for those who think Miles should stay out of "loyalty".

roadwarrior
03-20-2007, 05:11 PM
And then there is the story about RayJack.

bisonhusker
03-20-2007, 05:14 PM
Good article. Coaching is tough. You can go from underpaid/overworked to wealthy in a short period of time. Miles is hot right now and has the personality to impress in the interview process. I saw a list of candidates today from a Gopher website that he was still listed on. We can just hope he stays. Anyone that thinks he will be here a long time is simply wrong. He is VERY loyal to the kids and the program, but the potential pay raise is unreal. Anyone see the photo of Carlson in the star trib?

roadwarrior
03-20-2007, 05:21 PM
I'm sure Tim enjoys our comments about where he should or should not go that get posted here.

TheDoctor
03-20-2007, 05:35 PM
I'm sure Tim enjoys our comments about where he should or should not go that get posted here.

You don't think he actually reads this stuff do you? ;) ;)

NDSUstudent
03-20-2007, 05:37 PM
My policy is to not talk about a coach leaving until there is a source stating that he or she is going to interview for a job somewhere else. Of course everybody can talk about it if they want but I don't see the point in worrying about something that might not happen or might not even be a possibility.

colt46
03-20-2007, 07:11 PM
http://insider.espn.go.com/espn/blog/index?name=katz_andy

Possibilities do exist. Katz is not always right, but his sources do have legit information.

NDSUstudent
03-20-2007, 09:13 PM
http://insider.espn.go.com/espn/blog/index?name=katz_andy

Possibilities do exist. *Katz is not always right, but his sources do have legit information.

I don't have insider so I don't know what Katz said, did he mention Miles was a prospect for a job? According to the Bison Media Blog Miles isn't a candidate for any job and neither he or Gene Taylor have been contacted. The blog also goes on to state that pretty much Colorado State and Wyoming are the only possibilities for Miles and his name hasn't surfaced thus far for either position.

http://www.areavoices.com/bisonmedia/?blog=7241

lakesbison
03-23-2007, 02:29 AM
once again. .LAKESBISON is Right on the money

I called this *BOW BOW*