PDA

View Full Version : How soon until they find a coach?

Jdubs21
03-24-2007, 04:50 PM
i was just wondering how long everyone thought it would take to find another coach...im guessin mid april we will have our new coach...any other ideas?

Kermit_clone
03-24-2007, 04:59 PM
i was just wondering how long everyone thought it would take to find another coach...im guessin mid april we will have our new coach...any other ideas?

Ideally, a new coach will be named before the spring period for signing a national letter of intent opens on April 11. If Taylor opens the search for external candidates, I understand that the position must remain open for a minimum of 10 days. Therefore, if he opens a search on Monday, March 26 he won't be able to make a hire before Thursday, April 5. That's a narrow window of opportunity. Of course, if Saul Phillips is hired on Monday this will all be moot.

sambini
03-25-2007, 04:01 AM
Monday WOULD BE MY GUESS?

DIBISON
03-25-2007, 05:22 AM
If Saul is not named THE head coach on Monday, then I believe the Bison will name someone outside the system at the conclusion of the 10 day waiting period, which would be by Friday, April 6th.

NDSU1980
03-25-2007, 01:00 PM
I'm curious, can Gene put out feelers over the weekend to see if certain outside candidates are even interested, or does he have to wait until he declares an open search? For that matter, can he even talk to anyone informally without permission from their current team?