PDA

View Full Version : Eric Carlson 1st Team All Metro

lakesbison
03-20-2007, 05:22 AM
http://www.startribune.com/526/story/1065936.html

Good company for Eric, nice to see NORTH DAKOTA STATE on the startribune!!

1st & 2nd team has players going to:

Kansas, Minnesota, Marquette, Wisconsin, NDSU, Illinois St.!!!!!!

Armond Battle Benilde-St. Margaret's F Jr. Led state-bound Knights with 20.2 scoring average <<< good good player you can watch on TV that might have been contacted by NDSU

bisonhusker
03-20-2007, 05:39 PM
How good is our 3/4 position looking with Winks (1st team all indy), Mr. Everything from South Dakota Michael Tweidt, and now Carlson who is just a work horse. I am loving how that position is set up for the next several years......I am now officially waiting for some negative person to say....."Too bad we can't get a big man......" Be happy with the quality of kids we are getting. A big man will soon WANT to be a Bison and not a bench player in Montana.

roadwarrior
03-20-2007, 06:01 PM
Congrats to Eric on his selection and I'm anxious to see him in a Bison uniform next fall. I enjoyed watching him play in several games this season.

sambini
03-20-2007, 08:51 PM
Congrats to Eric ++++

BisonMav
03-20-2007, 09:03 PM
Congrats to Eric +++++

Jdubs21
03-20-2007, 09:03 PM
is it november yet???

lakesbison
03-21-2007, 03:34 AM
jdub... hell yea.

WOODY, NELLY, LUCAS, WINKY, CARLSON starting

Coleman, Sussy, Pennick, Twiedt, Vaughn, Riley off bench.

DAM!! thats a TEAM!!

Jdubs21
03-21-2007, 10:05 PM
not gonna lie...im semi aroused just thinkin about it lakes...haha

lakesbison
03-21-2007, 10:09 PM
easy fella.......

think about OPRAH * *ha ha ha.

SirHinn
03-21-2007, 10:24 PM
jdub... hell yea.

WOODY, NELLY, LUCAS, WINKY, CARLSON *starting

DAM!! thats a TEAM!!

Saying that Carlson will be starting next year a reach? One would certainly think so. Congrats to Eric on making the All metro team.

lakesbison
03-23-2007, 03:05 AM
ERIC CARLSON is staying with NDSU, but talked to Tim Miles.

Hope to god, Tim doesn't convince him to goto Colorado State!!!

stick with NDSU Eric!!! Saul/TK better be on his doorstep all this week!

SirHinn
03-23-2007, 07:21 AM
ERIC CARLSON is staying with NDSU, but talked to Tim Miles.

Hope to god, Tim doesn't convince him to goto Colorado State!!!

stick with NDSU Eric!!! * *Saul/TK better be on his doorstep all this week!

Pretty sure that would be recruiting violations, Eric would first have to get out of his letter of intent before Miles could actually recruit him.

Bryan
03-23-2007, 11:52 PM
March 23, 2007, St. Paul, MN - The Mr. Basketball of Minnesota Committee is pleased to announce the Five Finalists for the coveted 2007 Mr. Basketball Award:

Cole Aldrich 6-11 Bloomington Jefferson(Kansas)
Noah Dahlman 6-6 Braham(Wofford)
Blake Hoffarber 6-4 Hopkins(Minnesota)
Trevor Mbawke 6-7 St. Bernard’s(Marquette)
Alex Rubin 6-1 Armstrong(Illinois State)

Ellsworth Junior Cody Schilling in a win today vs. Mbawke
34 points, 11 boards and 10 assists

lakesbison
03-24-2007, 01:43 AM
2nd leading scorer in the state NOT a mr basketball finalist?

are you kidding me?? what a crock. *but might be good for NDSU, the less attention the better at this moment.. if you know what I mean.*

Mr_Meanor
03-24-2007, 01:44 AM
Don't get me wrong...Carlson is a great player but every one of the Mr. Basketball Finalist is better than Carlson

Mr._Bill
03-24-2007, 02:01 AM
jdub... hell yea.

WOODY, NELLY, LUCAS, WINKY, CARLSON *starting

DAM!! thats a TEAM!!

If they pull his red shirt, (big if), he will not be starting ahead of Twiedt, Pennick or Riley as a freshman. No sir! Not gonna happen. You are dreaming.

SirHinn
03-24-2007, 02:52 AM
2nd leading scorer in the state NOT a mr basketball finalist?

are you kidding me?? *what a crock. **but might be good for NDSU, the less attention the better at this moment.. if you know what I mean.*

It doesn't matter, he already signed his LOI. The only way he gets out of it is if somehow NDSU released him which would be highly unlikely at this point.

Flintstone
03-24-2007, 02:44 PM
He can get out because Miles left. I believe there is an NCAA rule that addresses this issue but I'm too lazy to look it up :)

TheDoctor
03-24-2007, 03:04 PM
He can get out because Miles left. *I believe there is an NCAA rule that addresses this issue but I'm too lazy to look it up *:)

Actually I think it is just common courtesy for the school to let him out. Not a rule per say but they would look VERY bad if they didn't. I sure hope Tim would NEVER ask him to come to CSU.

BisBison
03-24-2007, 03:06 PM
He can get out because Miles left. *I believe there is an NCAA rule that addresses this issue but I'm too lazy to look it up *:)

Actually I think it is just common courtesy for the school to let him out. *Not a rule per say but they would look VERY bad if they didn't. *I sure hope Tim would NEVER ask him to come to CSU. *

I'm hoping and thinking he will wait to make a decision until the head coaching decision is reached. I'm thinking if we stay internal as expected it will be a lot less disconcerting for him. Hope to see him in a Bison uni next season.

Kermit_clone
03-24-2007, 04:18 PM
He can get out because Miles left. I believe there is an NCAA rule that addresses this issue but I'm too lazy to look it up :)

That is incorrect. Carlson signed an NLI in the fall. The rule is very specific:
Source: http://www.national-letter.org/guidelines/nli_text.php

"19. If Coach Leaves. I understand I have signed this NLI with the institution and not for a particular sport or individual. If the coach leaves the institution or the sports program, I remain bound by the provisions of this NLI. I understand it is not uncommon for a coach to leave his or her coaching position."

It is not common practice to release players from an NLI after a coaching change. The bigger concern for the program after a coaching change is with players who have made a (non-binding) "verbal commitment" but have not signed and NLI, and with players who are still being recruited but haven't yet made decisions.

Mr._Burgundy
03-24-2007, 11:42 PM
Carlson is going to be a Bison.

Mr._Burgundy
03-25-2007, 05:11 PM
Lakes....where you at? I was expecting you to be pumping up Schilling this morning for his performance in the MN State tourney? He is a junior, and a stud. I hope we remain on his radar.

tcbison
03-25-2007, 06:34 PM
Lakes....where you at? *I was expecting you to be pumping up Schilling this morning for his performance in the MN State tourney? *He is a junior, and a stud. *I hope we remain on his radar.

I was quite impressed with Schilling yesterday. Not only is he a good scorer but he looks to pass as well. That game was a lot of fun to watch.

ndsubison1
03-25-2007, 08:20 PM
Carlson will be a huge addition with Smith leaving... I can't wait till next season.

Mr_Meanor
03-25-2007, 09:20 PM
I think Carlson will most likely redshirt next year.

TheDoctor
03-27-2007, 05:01 AM

That is incorrect. Carlson signed an NLI in the fall. The rule is very specific:
Source: http://www.national-letter.org/guidelines/nli_text.php

"19. *If Coach Leaves. I understand I have signed this NLI with the institution and not for a particular sport or individual. If the coach leaves the institution or the sports program, I remain bound by the provisions of this NLI. I understand it is not uncommon for a coach to leave his or her coaching position."

It is not common practice to release players from an NLI after a coaching change. The bigger concern for the program after a coaching change is with players who have made a (non-binding) "verbal commitment" but have not signed and NLI, and with players who are still being recruited but haven't yet made decisions.

Your right it is not common practice. It is common practice to try your damndest to keep them happy. BUT if they insist they want out, schools let them out. Unless they want to look like desprate jerks. But most schools don't want to do that.

sambini
03-27-2007, 05:47 AM
Well I hope Saul can keep him a BISON.

Mr_Meanor
03-27-2007, 03:58 PM
I agree with B1son....most coaches will let a player out of his LOI if there is a coaching change. I heard Saul on the radio last night and he said he is going to do everything he can to keep Carlson at NDSU but if he decides there is a another college that has a better fit he is not going to hold him to his letter of intent.

NDSUstudent
03-29-2007, 08:54 PM
Eric Carlson makes AP First Team All-State

http://postbulletin.com/newsmanager/templates/localnews_story.asp?a=288867&z=22

TheDoctor
03-29-2007, 09:02 PM
Eric Carlson makes AP First Team All-State

http://postbulletin.com/newsmanager/templates/localnews_story.asp?a=288867&z=22

Very impressive! ;)

sambini
03-29-2007, 11:10 PM
++++++