03-27-2007, 09:04 PM
http://www.gobison.com/ViewArticle.dbml?DB_OEM_ID=2400&ATCLID=834907

mikelsch
03-27-2007, 09:05 PM

Associate Head Coach...nice promotion

RedRiver
03-27-2007, 10:02 PM
That is just great!! Saul and Dave will keep Bison men's baketball moving in the right direction.

sambini
03-27-2007, 10:25 PM
GOOD MOVE ++++

roadwarrior
03-27-2007, 11:23 PM
Nice to have Dave stay at NDSU!

extremerouge
03-28-2007, 12:58 AM
what about TK? is he sticking around? what will his title be?

kchats
03-28-2007, 02:45 AM
I would say TK will probably be announced tomorrow. It seems like they are giving each coach their day. You never know TK might try for a head coaching job at a division II school to add to his resume. Gene Taylor obviously told him that he needed a bit more to get the job and Saul had that by being at Wisconsin.

Isn't Dave Richman 28? Saul is 34 so of this work out perfectly Saul is hear for about 6 years leaves for a better job and Dave Richman moves up the ladder at 34.

TheDoctor
03-28-2007, 03:47 AM

Associate Head Coach...nice promotion

++++++++ ;)

bisonhusker
03-28-2007, 03:10 PM
Saul has chosen another route. TK will not be a part of the coaching staff next year. Too bad, we lose one heck of a recruiter who has been a large part of Bison Basketball the last 6 years. No word on his replacement. Look for Jason Kemp to be promoted to assistant from GA. I believe he has to wait a certain time period before that can be announced. That will leave one spot for an assistant.

RedRiver
03-28-2007, 06:04 PM
You could see that coming when Coach Richman was promoted to associate head coach. To retain Richman was the critical hire anyway and NDSU's gain is CSU's loss. With Coach Saul and Coach Richman the foundation is still in place and now a new person can be brought in to compliment the existing coaching talent.

ndbisonfan
03-28-2007, 08:03 PM
Saul has chosen another route. TK will not be a part of the coaching staff next year. Too bad, we lose one heck of a recruiter who has been a large part of Bison Basketball the last 6 years. No word on his replacement. Look for Jason Kemp to be promoted to assistant from GA. I believe he has to wait a certain time period before that can be announced. That will leave one spot for an assistant.

Has that been released yet? Any guesses on who would get the other assistant job?

BBJunkie
03-28-2007, 11:56 PM
Saul has chosen another route. *TK will not be a part of the coaching staff next year. *Too bad, we lose one heck of a recruiter who has been a large part of Bison Basketball the last 6 years. *No word on his replacement. *Look for Jason Kemp to be promoted to assistant from GA. *I believe he has to wait a certain time period before that can be announced. *That will leave one spot for an assistant.

This has NOT been released yet, which makes it interesting that it is on here, much like the question of the practice violation. However, now that it is out here, I am hearing the same regarding Koering. I think Saul has some ideas for an additional coach, maybe is trip to the Final Four will yield something.

02Bison
03-29-2007, 01:10 AM
Saul has chosen another route. *TK will not be a part of the coaching staff next year. *Too bad, we lose one heck of a recruiter who has been a large part of Bison Basketball the last 6 years. *No word on his replacement. *Look for Jason Kemp to be promoted to assistant from GA. *I believe he has to wait a certain time period before that can be announced. *That will leave one spot for an assistant.

I'll believe it when its officially announced...

Snoop-a-Loop
03-29-2007, 02:06 AM
I didn't know that they do an official release of someone not being retained. *But, I have also heard that TK is not being retained on Saul's staff. *I'm sure TK feels a bit betrayed that he wasn't offered a job on the staff after he was a major part of getting both Saul and Dave Richman jobs at NDSU in the first place. However, TK will land on his feet. He is great guy with a lot of great qualities that he can use to get another coaching job or outside of basketball in the business world. *And you also have to allow Saul to hire whoever he wants...it is his ass on the line if he doesn't get it done.

TheDoctor
03-29-2007, 07:55 PM
I didn't know that they do an official release of someone not being retained. *But, I have also heard that TK is not being retained on Saul's staff. *I'm sure TK feels a bit betrayed that he wasn't offered a job on the staff after he was a major part of getting both Saul and Dave Richman jobs at NDSU in the first place. However, TK will land on his feet. He is great guy with a lot of great qualities that he can use to get another coaching job or outside of basketball in the business world. *And you also have to allow Saul to hire whoever he wants...it is his ass on the line if he doesn't get it done.

A friend of mine who was a GA at Gonzaga called me today and said the job is advertised (assistant coach) on the official job openings page of the NCAA. It said to send applications care of the Assistant Coach Search Committie BSA Fargo, ND etc.......

ACES1180
03-30-2007, 01:51 PM

A friend of mine who was a GA at Gonzaga called me today and said the job is advertised (assistant coach) on the official job openings page of the NCAA. *It said to send applications care of the Assistant Coach Search Committie BSA Fargo, ND etc.......

I saw it on CareerFargo.com as well....