PDA

View Full Version : Bob Huggins stay out of Manhattan Kansas

TaTonka_31
04-07-2007, 05:24 PM
Never in the history of coaching changes have I ever seen the rug being pulled out like the K-State fans have. Season ticket sales were at an all time high, best recruiting class in the history of the school coming in, best finish in the Big 12 in years with better things to come and then Huggins says I'm going home. WOW! What a bomb shell and now they are left with the assissant coach being named as his replacement.

Will Walker stay or be willing to sit out another year if he wants to go with Huggins.

Huggins recruits will most likely go with him.

Bottom line is KSU is back to square one. How many fans will renew their season tickets?

If KSU ever makes the NCAA's again, you can bet you will see a West Virginia/KSU match up.

SirHinn
04-07-2007, 05:38 PM
Never in the history of coaching changes have I ever seen the rug being pulled out like the K-State fans have. *Season ticket sales were at an all time high, best recruiting class in the history of the school coming in, best finish in the Big 12 in years with better things to come and then Huggins says I'm going home. *WOW! What a bomb shell and now they are left with the assissant coach being named as his replacement. *

Will Walker stay or be willing to sit out another year if he wants to go with Huggins.

Huggins recruits will most likely go with him. *

Bottom line is KSU is back to square one. *How many fans will renew their season tickets?

If KSU ever makes the NCAA's again, you can bet you will see a West Virginia/KSU match up. *

They aren't back to square one. They replaced Huggins with the one guy that can probably keep that recruiting class intact. Had they not hired Martin, then they would be in big time trouble. The biggest promotion though had to be retaining Dalonte Hill. When Beasley gave UNC Charlotte a verbal 2 years ago, it was because of Hill. When Hill bolted to come with Huggins to KState, along came Beasley So as long as they are able to retain Beasley, they'll be on the right path. KState already said they wouldn't release any of the freshmen from their LOI. Walker will either come back for another year or declare for the draft. No way he waits 2 more seasons for the draft.

kchats
04-07-2007, 07:03 PM
Beasely is honoring his letter of intent and attending K-State. *Hill was promoted to assistant coach and therefore the guy that recruited him is still there.

http://www.kansascity.com/165/story/62736.html

And from Jason Whitlock (Mike McFeely for the Kansas City Star)

http://www.kansascity.com/182/story/61387.html

http://www.kansascity.com/182/story/62369.html

He has really ripped Huggins and K-State over this deal.

Also from the Kansas City Star.

http://www.kansascity.com/183/story/60927.html

http://www.kansascity.com/183/story/61410.html

And an editorial from the Topeka Capital Journal

http://cjonline.com/stories/040707/opi_161420613.shtml

TaTonka_31
04-07-2007, 08:53 PM
Never in the history of coaching changes have I ever seen the rug being pulled out like the K-State fans have. *Season ticket sales were at an all time high, best recruiting class in the history of the school coming in, best finish in the Big 12 in years with better things to come and then Huggins says I'm going home. *WOW! What a bomb shell and now they are left with the assissant coach being named as his replacement. *

Bottom line is KSU is back to square one. *How many fans will renew their season tickets?

If KSU ever makes the NCAA's again, you can bet you will see a West Virginia/KSU match up. *

They aren't back to square one. *They replaced Huggins with the one guy that can probably keep that recruiting class intact. *Had they not hired Martin, then they would be in big time trouble. *The biggest promotion though had to be retaining Dalonte Hill. *When Beasley gave UNC Charlotte a verbal 2 years ago, it was because of Hill. *When Hill bolted to come with Huggins to KState, along came Beasley *So as long as they are able to retain Beasley, they'll be on the right path. *KState already said they wouldn't release any of the freshmen from their LOI. *Walker will either come back for another year or declare for the draft. *No way he waits 2 more seasons for the draft.

Well, they may not be back to square one if they can keep Beasley and the freshman class coming in, but this whole deal sure isn't what the administration and the fans bargined for when they gave the program and the future to Huggins. *

Don't ever buy a used car from that guy. *

westriverbison
04-07-2007, 09:36 PM
I am down in Manhattan for the weekend, boy are the fans pissed. They are collecting all the old "Huggieville" tshirts and sending them to the WV atheletic dept. ;D

TxBisonFan
04-08-2007, 12:46 AM
I would be really pissed too. So much for building the program.

NDSUFREAK10
04-08-2007, 01:11 AM
Well, bobby, IMO you should have stayed at K-State but what do I know....

SirHinn
04-08-2007, 02:03 AM

They aren't back to square one. *They replaced Huggins with the one guy that can probably keep that recruiting class intact. *Had they not hired Martin, then they would be in big time trouble. *The biggest promotion though had to be retaining Dalonte Hill. *When Beasley gave UNC Charlotte a verbal 2 years ago, it was because of Hill. *When Hill bolted to come with Huggins to KState, along came Beasley *So as long as they are able to retain Beasley, they'll be on the right path. *KState already said they wouldn't release any of the freshmen from their LOI. *Walker will either come back for another year or declare for the draft. *No way he waits 2 more seasons for the draft.

Well, they may not be back to square one if they can keep Beasley and the freshman class coming in, but this whole deal sure isn't what the administration and the fans bargined for when they gave the program and the future to Huggins. *

I retract what I said. After they interviewed Beasley, he certainly doesn't sound very sure on his committment to KSTATE. Sounds like he is interested in 3 schools other then West Virgina. If they lose Beasley, their recruiting class goes down the drain. It's just too bad that not only did he leave the program hanging, he left those recruits hanging.

Rams2007
04-08-2007, 02:22 AM
What stinks about this is that K State took a chance on Huggins when no one else would. Some thanks they get. One year?!?!?

Never in the history of coaching changes have I ever seen the rug being pulled out like the K-State fans have. Season ticket sales were at an all time high, best recruiting class in the history of the school coming in, best finish in the Big 12 in years with better things to come and then Huggins says I'm going home. WOW! What a bomb shell and now they are left with the assissant coach being named as his replacement.

Huggins recruits will most likely go with him.

Bottom line is KSU is back to square one. How many fans will renew their season tickets?

If KSU ever makes the NCAA's again, you can bet you will see a West Virginia/KSU match up.

They aren't back to square one. They replaced Huggins with the one guy that can probably keep that recruiting class intact. Had they not hired Martin, then they would be in big time trouble. The biggest promotion though had to be retaining Dalonte Hill. When Beasley gave UNC Charlotte a verbal 2 years ago, it was because of Hill. When Hill bolted to come with Huggins to KState, along came Beasley So as long as they are able to retain Beasley, they'll be on the right path. KState already said they wouldn't release any of the freshmen from their LOI. Walker will either come back for another year or declare for the draft. No way he waits 2 more seasons for the draft.

Well, they may not be back to square one if they can keep Beasley and the freshman class coming in, but this whole deal sure isn't what the administration and the fans bargined for when they gave the program and the future to Huggins.

Don't ever buy a used car from that guy.

I retract what I said. After they interviewed Beasley, he certainly doesn't sound very sure on his committment to KSTATE. Sounds like he is interested in 3 schools other then West Virgina. If they lose Beasley, their recruiting class goes down the drain. It's just too bad that not only did he leave the program hanging, he left those recruits hanging.

sambini
04-08-2007, 04:32 AM
What stinks about this is that K State took a chance on Huggins when no one else would. Some thanks they get. One year?!?!?

I retract what I said. *After they interviewed Beasley, he certainly doesn't sound very sure on his committment to KSTATE. *Sounds like he is interested in 3 schools other then West Virgina. *If they lose Beasley, their recruiting class goes down the drain. *It's just too bad that not only did he leave the program hanging, he left those recruits hanging. *

He would be a great used car salesman.

Coach_W
04-08-2007, 12:47 PM
While I don't condone what Huggins did in leaving after 1 year, it is important to remember that he is from Morgantown, WV. Prior to Beilin taking the job there 3 or 4 years ago, Huggins accepted and then changed his mind. I really don't think there is another job in the country Huggins would have left K-State for other than W. Virginia. :(

TheDoctor
04-08-2007, 04:28 PM
While I don't condone what Huggins did in leaving after 1 year, it is important to remember that he is from Morgantown, WV. *Prior to Beilin taking the job there 3 or 4 years ago, Huggins accepted and then changed his mind. *I really don't think there is another job in the country Huggins would have left K-State for other than W. Virginia. * :(

I agree +++++++++++++ ;)

FarmerClone
04-08-2007, 04:43 PM
Kansas State sold their soul to the Devil and the lost. They hired Martin on to retain the recruits. TERRIBLE IDEA. Iowa State four years ago had a similar situation in where we hired Wayne Morgan after Larry Eustachy "resigned". Our incompetent AD botched the hiring process and decided to hire Morgan to retain the talented recruiting class he had been the key in signing that included Will Blalock and Curtis Stinson. Morgan had had head coaching experience, but had been ask to leave Long Beach State. Rarely does a coach that gets the boot from LBSU get a second chance a couple years later at a Big 12 school. Morgan had little control over his players and it showed. THe players knew Morgan was retained to keep the so they felt they were more important than the coach.

Kansas State may now face a similar situation. Beasley and company know they are more important than Martin. He was hired to keep THEM and not because he was the most qualified candidate. Beasley and Walker, if they even show up in Manhattan this fall, will both go to the pros after next season and what will the Cats have then? They gave Huggins and rather than accept the failure, they are choosing to continue the insanity by hiring Martin. As a Cyclone fan, it makes me smile because I think they have just postponed the inevitable need to rebuild.

Maybe Frank Martin will proove me wrong, but he has NEVER been a head coach at the college level and the Cats could easily have found a coach like Mark Fox that may well have come to Manhattan. Best wishes to them.

TaTonka_31
04-08-2007, 08:53 PM
Like I said in my original post, I don't think there has ever been a coaching change where the program went from such a high to a low in one season. It could take years for KSU to recover to the level they would have had a chance to be at with Huggins.

Yes he does have the skills to be a great used car salesman but you sure wouldn't want to make a deal with him. You would be lucky to get it off the lot.

sambini
04-09-2007, 02:07 AM
Sounds like he could sell you a lemon?

TheDoctor
04-09-2007, 05:36 AM
That AD has got to be thinking God is hating him right now. From the penthouse to the street in one announcement. OUCH!