PDA

View Full Version : Bison Men standing pat

kchats
04-11-2007, 03:08 AM
NDSU is looking for a specific player that will make an immediate impact with their final scholarship. They are focusing on point guard and a post player but won't pass up a great player at other positions. Eric Carlson may play right away.

http://www.in-forum.com/articles/index.cfm?id=162340

imabison
04-11-2007, 01:42 PM
NDSU is looking for a specific player that will make an immediate impact with their final scholarship. They are focusing on point guard and a post player but won't pass up a great player at other positions. Eric Carlson may play right away.

I think a key statement in that article is that says Coleman will be allowed to make the decision as to Redshirt or not.

Kermit_clone
04-11-2007, 01:48 PM

This link has some added details from today's Forum:
http://www.in-forum.com/Sports/articles/162348

WePharm
04-11-2007, 04:14 PM
What are the future roles of Vaughn, Coleman & Pennick? Do any of them have the potential to be point? Woody has shown what a great point can do.

TheDoctor
04-11-2007, 06:24 PM
What are the future roles of Vaughn, Coleman & Pennick? Do any of them have the potential to be point? Woody has shown what a great point can do.

Vaughn while originally expected to run the point coming in, just is not comfortable enough to handle it. :(

bisonhusker
04-11-2007, 06:41 PM
Pennick is the current PG of the future. Coleman is the athlete/combo guard, and Vaughn is the shooter....who hopefully finds the range.

TaTonka_31
04-11-2007, 09:37 PM
I agree, Pennick should become more comfortable as time goes on filling the point guard role. He propably never will be much of a scoring point guard but he has the quickness and athletism to play the position.

He does a nice job with on-the-ball defense against the opposing teams point guard. Just needs to keep working on his ball handling to be strong enough with the ball to help against pressure or when Woody is out of the game.

Being able to handle without turning the ball over will be Pennicks biggest value to the team going forward. Just get the team into the offense and the rest of the guys can definitely score.

Although Mike Nelson is a natural 2 guard, his ball handling will continue to improve also which will allow him to fill in at point when needed.

99Bison
04-11-2007, 09:55 PM
I say Lukas Mooreman at point!

#1superfan03-06
04-12-2007, 04:50 AM
I agree, Pennick should become more comfortable as time goes on filling the point guard role. *He propably never will be much of a scoring point guard but he has the quickness and athletism to play the position. *

He does a nice job with on-the-ball defense against the opposing teams point guard. *Just needs to keep working on his ball handling to be strong enough with the ball to help against pressure or when Woody is out of the game.

Being able to handle without turning the ball over will be Pennicks biggest value to the team going forward. Just get the team into the offense and the rest of the guys can definitely score.

The thought of Pennick as the future pg of this team scares me quite a bit. Austin isn't a bad player but he makes it 4 vs 5 on the offensive end. He does add some solid D but at this point his ball handling isn't anything to write home about either. Here's to hoping either Pennick takes big steps to improve or we recruit someone so Pennick can come off the bench his whole career with some defensive energy.

99Bison
04-12-2007, 05:19 AM
Or Vaughn gets some confidence and figures it out.

TaTonka_31
04-13-2007, 06:05 PM
Vaughn may yet become a pretty good wing player but no way, shape or form was he or will he ever be a point guard at the D1 college level. My hope is that Pennick will become a reliable back up. No he is not the point guard of the future.

79FCourt
05-06-2007, 08:41 PM
Given that the schedule is shaping up for next year, has there been any rumors/whisperings about a replacement for Andre? Also, any word on Morrman's rehab? In other words, I'm rather concerned about our inside game and thus our ability to be competitive. Does anyone have any info to offer? Thanks.

RedRiver
05-11-2007, 03:04 PM
NDSCS player from Wahpeton, ND to walk on at NDSU.

http://www.in-forum.com/Sports/articles/165324

WePharm
05-12-2007, 03:20 AM
Welcome to Matt Geiselhardt!!! I hope Matt has fun and finds sucess on the Mens BB team. This is a good example of a quality student athlete who wants to compete at the highest level he can. We want the Bison to be THE TEAM
everyone wants to play for.

sambini
05-12-2007, 03:53 AM
+++++++++++++

TheDoctor
05-12-2007, 01:51 PM
Ahmen brother!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Bisonguy
05-12-2007, 02:50 PM
Welcome to Matt Geiselhardt!!! I hope Matt has fun and finds sucess on the Mens BB team. This is a good example of a quality student athlete who wants to compete at the highest level he can. We want the Bison to be THE TEAM
everyone wants to play for.

Exactly. Best of luck to Matt!