PDA

View Full Version : Need help on survey

tony
03-05-2003, 04:37 PM
I got a survey in the mail asking for opinions on various things involving the football atmosphere at the FargoDome. It was marked as confidential but that must mean that my answers are confidential, not that questions are secret. Here are the items that I could use some help on:

1. What physical improvements would you like to see made at the Fargodome in the future?
2. What game day improvements or changes would you like to see made at NDSU football games in the future to enhance your game-day satisfaction?
3. We would appreciate receiving any additional comments you think would be helpful in our planning process for the 2003-2004 season.

I've been known to whine about the atmosphere at NDSU games but now here's a chance to say what should change and I'm drawing a blank. The only thing that I can think of is to designate some Team Maker seating as a "Thunder Zone." People requesting seats there would acknowlege that in this section standing up for third down, making noise, and having a good time are not only tolerated but encouraged.

If anybody has any other ideas that I can pass off as my own, I'll do so.

NDSU_grad
03-05-2003, 05:12 PM
I haven't been to a game in the Fargodome in two years, but the one suggestion I have is less piped in music and more selections from the band during the game. We've got a great band, and that's what college football should be about.

GFBisonFan
03-05-2003, 07:25 PM
I got the same survey. I mainly talked about halftime promotions. They used to have neat promotions at halftime that kept the crowd's attention and added to the atmosphere. Now the band plays and that is it (nothing bad against the band). As far as the physical improvements, I couldn't think of any after the addition of the video boards. I agree that the band could be used more during the game and that the crowd needs to be more interactive (maybe the band and music/scoreboard could help that).

kylelcarlson
03-05-2003, 07:39 PM
Take the roof off!

BisonInTexas
03-05-2003, 08:15 PM
Take the roof off!

I second that! ;D

runtheoption
03-05-2003, 10:03 PM
Beer!! Icy, cold beer!!!

runtheoption
03-05-2003, 10:07 PM
Seriously, if we are going to be a DI school we need a DI crowd. The Harley was good idea, cannons after we score, and the designated Thunderzone )not in the endzone) where it is understood that if you sit here it is gonna be loud and you may have to stand up to watch the action.

JBB
03-05-2003, 10:38 PM
I suggested a beer garden outside on the west side of the FFB and More RV parking. Otherwise, I rated it all neutral or better.

This is the year for band lovers. The Gold Star Marching Band is celebrating it's 100 (?) year so expect the band to be featured, a lot!

A 35 pt average margin of victory is going to give way to competitive drama filled games against DI opponenets. That in itself is going to change the atmosphere. Ive seen the FFD absoultely rabid and I have seen it very subduded. Its the quality of the game that inspires the crowd.

Ive only missed 1 game in the Fabulous Fargo Dome. I went to a lot at Dakotah Field too. Believe me both stadiums had their bad days, but there has yet to be a championship won, or even competed for, in the Fargo Dome so the highs of Dakotah Field have never been equalled. Otherwise, on average the game experience is the same.

Bisonguy
03-05-2003, 11:27 PM
Bring back the damn cannon!
Bring back the Harley!
Encourage proper cowbell usage!
Actually have replays and have the game on the video boards before the middle of the first quarter.
Try to encourage people to make noise, so I don't feel like I am in church on a saturday.

GFBisonFan
03-06-2003, 12:15 AM
I agree with the above: BEER. ;D
Forgot to add that before!

Bisonguy
03-06-2003, 12:31 AM
Is every season ticket-holder getting this survey? My father and I both recieved ours on Friday.
If so, everybody fill it out and encourage the creation of some "atmosphere" at the Fargodome.

New Coach, New Attitude!

Bob_Holiday
03-06-2003, 12:52 AM
The way they handled the team entering last season was terrible. *They need to dust off the gong and get the Harley running and buy some more fireworks and get the Buffalo Palace rocking. *I like the idea of showing the previous games highlights then also. *At halftime they could can the spa thing, that seems to be pretty much impossible.

Go Bison,

Bob

Bisonfan1
03-06-2003, 02:32 AM
I didnt get a survey but im glad theres one out stirring all this up. I did send in ideas last fall some of which has been mentioned here, I got sick of sitting in the "dead zone" and having to move every game so I could stand and cheer. I also would like to see a big production before the team enters, i did send in a suggestion a couple weeks ago as i found a great recording of a Bison Stampede on a movie, and played through my surround sound sounded great, it almost sounds like the kicking of the bleachers at dacotah field. The Bison marketing staff seems receptive to new ideas. Time for some Home Field Advantage. Tear the roof off !!!