PDA

View Full Version : Please do something

SDbison
09-06-2003, 03:34 AM
Tony, I don't know what it takes, but if you want people to continue to post on this message board I would suggest you ban the SiouxRock wanna be as soon as possible (a.k.a. tymicTHUNDERZONE and slsbison). You know he is not legitimate and he is cluttering up the board with multiple messages that are for the most part meaningless. I don't think we need someone with a 2 year old mentality spoiling the purpose of this message board. He has posted so much crap it is hard to find a topic that has not been abused. So please do something soon to preserve this site for everyone who cares to post their comments in a reasonable manner. Sorry, my patience has run out. >:(

tony
09-08-2003, 03:35 PM
I lost my patience pretty quickly with this guy but he's gone it seems. He/they are clinging to one warning anyway so in all probability, he was one post from being shown the door. We'll know today.

I'm a curious guy. I thought it was somebody pulling our legs and wanted to see what the punchline was. Plus, what the heck is the "Lundveer remote" that all the DI-AA teams interested in Dale Lennon are suffering from? It's unsolved mysteries like this that kept me from banning him.

Ah well, he probably just was a troll seeing how badly he could wind us up.

SDbison
09-09-2003, 03:35 AM
I think their writing (possibly someone with a split personality) was the result of low intelligence and / or too much drug use. For some reason I keep on visualizing a UND graduate student. Is it the water or the closeness to Canada that makes people from Grand Forks so different? Thank God the Bison were the ones to play at Montana this past week (not that Lennon would give up a game with Crookston), cause The folks from Montana would have not been able to be so kind about the class of players and fans from Grand Forks. Go Bison! The Sioux are really Bison wanna be's.

Bisonguy
09-09-2003, 03:40 AM
SDBison,

It's because UND is downstream on the Red River. NDSU and Fargo "contribute" to their drinking water ;D

SDbison
09-09-2003, 03:50 AM
Better watch out one of those top notch UND fans will post a reply and make the slam about NDSU grads working the farm and UND grads owning the farm.
ooooooooooo.......they are so intimidating. ::)

BisonMav
09-09-2003, 01:19 PM
Posted by: SDbison Posted on: Sep 8th, 2003
...and UND grads owning the farm.

That poster probably lives on the FUNNY FARM!! ::)

BisonInTexas
09-09-2003, 03:48 PM
Is it the water or the closeness to Canada that makes people from Grand Forks so different?

Well, since I grew up 15 miles from Canada, I can attest that it is not that. We didn't drink water out of the Red, however, so that hypothesis has not been disproven.

It is definitely something more local to Grand Forks. My family was normal as well until 2 of my brothers attended UND. :D

Oh, no, Tony's going to have to move this thread to the smack board now. ;)

Craig

MN_BISONS
09-10-2003, 04:23 AM
[quote author=BisonInTexas
Well, since I grew up 15 miles from Canada, I can attest that it is not that. *
Craig [/quote]

Craig,
15 miles from Canada, eh? So I'm guessing you probably made a trip or two to Gretna or Emerson? (Assuming you are from a town that sported the orange and black.....)

BisonInTexas
09-10-2003, 12:03 PM
Craig,
15 miles from Canada, eh? *So I'm guessing you probably made a trip or two to Gretna or Emerson? *(Assuming you are from a town that sported the orange and black.....)

Yes, but purely as an international ambassador of good will... ;D

Craig

BisonMav
09-10-2003, 12:51 PM
The orange and black also have a great football tradition. :)

BisonInTexas
09-10-2003, 02:46 PM
The orange and black also have a great football tradition. :)

Thanks. I was proud to be a part of it way back when.

Craig

BisonInTexas
10-25-2003, 01:44 AM
Tony, I don't know what it takes, but if you want *people to continue to post on this message board I would suggest you ban the SiouxRock wanna be as soon as possible (a.k.a. tymicTHUNDERZONE and slsbison). *You know he is not legitimate and he is cluttering up the board with multiple messages that are for the most part meaningless. *I don't think we need someone with a 2 year old mentality spoiling the purpose of this message board. *He has posted so much crap it is hard to find a topic that has not been abused. *So please do something soon to preserve this site for everyone who cares to post their comments in a reasonable manner. *Sorry, my patience has run out. *>:(

I think this applies to originalsiouxrock now cluttering up the board. For proof of the inane posts, see the "i got an idea" thread in this section - physical threats and all. He/She has already been banned once and is even banned from the Siouxsports.com forums. Why is he/she now allowed back on?

Craig

BisonWarrior
10-25-2003, 05:40 AM
Agree!

imported_admin
10-25-2003, 03:48 PM
Sorry, I was off duty most of yesterday.

I'd have banned him last time but the IP locator said he was in Rapid City. Today I checked and the IP locator is wrong, his ISP is in Grand Forks. Then I checked his email address (something I don't like doing) and found more confirmation that he's probably the same guy I banned before. Consider him banned.

I just get worried about banning too many IP addresses.

BisonInTexas
10-25-2003, 07:14 PM
Sorry, I was off duty most of yesterday.

I'd have banned him last time but the IP locator said he was in Rapid City. Today I checked and the IP locator is wrong, his ISP is in Grand Forks. Then I checked his email address (something I don't like doing) and found more confirmation that he's probably the same guy I banned before. Consider him banned.

I just get worried about banning too many IP addresses.

I agree that you shouldn't be too quick to ban an IP address, but you made the right call this time.

Thanks.

Craig