PDA

View Full Version : Help with the latest Bison Battle Wagon

Herd_Mentality
05-28-2004, 04:52 PM
After many months of searching, your's truly and another avid Bison fan found their tailgating machine at an auto auction in Moorhead. A 1988 Chevy G20 Conversion Van...

Now...we've slowly been outfitting "The Van" with dreams of it's first long maiden voyage being a date with Nottingham field in Greeley, CO.

Having received my new "UND WHO" personalized plates a couple of months ago, I decided it would be cool to spring for personalized plates for the van. I'd like to hear you sound off on some of our ideas, or maybe you've thought of something really cool...something we haven't even thought about. (And yes, all these plates are still available - so don't take any of them until we get ours!)

A) "GO2NDSU" - I was really surprised this is available
B) "NDSUVAN"
C) "ND ST8"
D) "SOBRVAN" - Sober van, for Sober Fans

roadwarrior
05-28-2004, 07:21 PM
Good ideas there Herd. I liked the plate I saw in Fargo a couple of months ago, "DIBISON" :D

Tuk
05-28-2004, 09:04 PM
ND ST8

Junior
05-28-2004, 10:09 PM
LUV4DOG ;)

somebison
05-28-2004, 11:01 PM
I like A :)

Trimmy
05-28-2004, 11:23 PM
Here's a few, some goofy:

"MRCHZON" - March Is On
"BZNWAGN" - Bison Wagon
"BTLWAGN" - Battle Wagon
"THUNDRN" / "THNDRNG" - Thunderin'/Thundering
"BEEFTRN" / "BEEFWGN" - BeefTrain/BeefWagon

I can't wait to see it. What do plates cost?

roadwarrior
05-28-2004, 11:25 PM
When I lived in ND, it used to be $25 per year added on to your regular license plate fees. Dont know if it has changed or not.

Bisonfan1
06-01-2004, 03:41 PM
2 weeks ago we decided to also get a personal plate for the "Original BattleWagon" I was surprised as was the gal at motor vehicle as to how many plates were taken for the NDSU Bison. We finally came up with "NDSU D1" " and yes I know the 1 should be an I, however it reads better on the plate. Here are some plates we came up with by memory, Ill list the ones I remember as being taken first.
Taken : BISON , BISON1 , GOBISON, NDBISON, Available were: BSNFTBL, BSNFAN, NDSUBSN, BTLWGN, BATLWGN,NDSU DI, NDSUIAA, NDSU1AA, THEHERD. You can have a total of 7 spaces, a space in between counts as a space, and no hyphons allowed. It was $82.00 for the Bus,"which included the yearly renewal fee" which should cost a lot more because of the weight than a passenger type vehicle, SUV, Van etc.. Just a reminder, NDSU said they have no problem with people making Battlewagons and using the NDSU logo's as long as they are not being produced for sale, and would love to see more in the lots. Herd Mentality - Get yourself a roll of 1/4 masking tape, you can lay down some stripe designs on your Battlewagon to get an idea of how it would look and then peel right off, change etc. Next time I get to Fargo, could hook up and give you some ideas, have the tape ready.

Herd_Mentality
06-01-2004, 05:40 PM
For anybody interested, here is the easies way to search the plate database.

http://web.apps.state.nd.us/dot/mv/plate/search

Personalized Plates cost $25 extra a year (on top of what it would cost normally - including Lewis and Clark plates).

I have a little body work to do before I go crazy laying out stripes just yet! * ;D

airmail
06-01-2004, 09:27 PM
How about "NDSU DI"...

Schemer
06-04-2004, 02:43 PM
ND ST8

...Tuk what do your plates say again? :)

Tatanka
06-05-2004, 03:51 AM
How about "Whioux"

bisonranch
07-23-2004, 12:29 AM
H_M, did you ever reach a verdict on the plates?

Herd_Mentality
07-26-2004, 03:31 PM
Just went with a standard plate for this year....figured we didn't want to grace the vehicle with a special plate when we haven't had enough time to "Bisonize" the rig yet. *sigh* Wish I didn't have to have a day job.