PDA

View Full Version : New website, alpha version

tony
07-29-2004, 04:48 PM
It's not even good enough to call a beta version (several of the main links don't work yet), but I've got a preliminary version of a "Bisonville-type" DI-AA website going:

Testing (http://www.diaafootball.com)

I'd like to use this kind of like I use Bisonville - to look up information on other teams, see who they've played and whatnot. The problem with Bisonville is that if I want to look up a team that NDSU isn't playing, I've got to click around a lot.

Anyway, once the new site is running the way I'd like, then I'm going to rewrite Bisonville in a similar fashion (a lot of the DI-AA general information will end up on both sites).

All suggestions are welcome. You don't have to report broken links because I know they're out there.

Bison_Kent
07-29-2004, 06:19 PM
Tony,

It looks good. I am not sure whatelse is needed. I think you covered most everything.

WYOBISONMAN
07-29-2004, 06:31 PM
I am impressed. Very comprehensive. A ton of data.

jackmd
07-29-2004, 06:34 PM
I think the boys at the SDSU Forum would like to be aware of this. I'll give tony some time to post it over there. If that doesn't happen I'll copy the shortcut and post it myself. Shouldn't piss anybody off.

tony
07-29-2004, 07:20 PM
I was going to fix the broken links before posting on the SDSU site but you can go ahead.

Bisonguy
07-29-2004, 08:27 PM
Looks great- ;D ;D

I'm sure Ralph and the I-AA.org crew would link to it once completed.

bisonranch
07-30-2004, 03:40 AM
Looks great, lots of good info. Only problem is if the NCAA ever gets around to dropping the extra A on DI-AA your title and address will be obsolete. Probably nothing to worry about for a while.

tony
07-30-2004, 04:18 PM
Yeah, that would be interesting, DI-A and DI-AA football combined into one division...

www.playofffootball.com?

In retrospect, I wish I hadn't picked diaafootball.com as a name - but not because the two classifications might merge. If I'm going to run a site with that name, it better be fairly polished - when I was shooting for something amateurish, just a online fan guide to DI-AA football (ah, I've just figured out some new wording for the title).

Bisonguy
07-30-2004, 05:00 PM
Tony,

You're too harsh on yourself. The site looks great and is worthy of the domain name. I have only seen great reviews from other sites where it's been discussed (Egriz and AGS).

Maybe throw some Bison stuff on the homepage to spruce it up a bit ;D ;D ;D ;D ;)

tony
08-20-2004, 05:25 AM
diaafootball.com (http://www.diaafootball.com/) is in Beta - finished up during last night's chat. The only real addition (but one I think is crucial) is that each team's "Wins and Losses since 1973" page has been modified so that it not only shows you a team's record against each opponent, but it also allows you to drill down to see the individual games (now if only I could find the box scores for all these games, I'd be set).

Arg. Just found a bug with the team pages for non DI-AA teams... oh well, the DI-AA teams should be OK.