PDA

View Full Version : Why was I banned?

Bisonfan01234
09-17-2004, 03:50 AM
All I want is an answer. I can't believe that someone would actually ban someone who is a fan of their own team just because you don't agree with them.

I was not trying to provoke anyone or simply "stir the pot", I've never said anything on here that I didn't believe fully.

Tuk
09-17-2004, 06:02 AM
Perhaps you should take a glance at the suggestion/announcement page. Tony explains it all there.

Good luck with getting back in though

IowaBison
09-17-2004, 01:51 PM
also very good job on breaking rule 1!

WYOBISONMAN
09-17-2004, 02:27 PM
Now how was it that the Martin Luther King speech went??.....

Free at last, Free at last.........Thank God Almighty we are all free at last....

Seems a fitting quote at this moving moment on Bisonville. ;)

Bisonfan01234
09-17-2004, 02:54 PM
This is my last post here.

It's sad that you would ban a fan of your own team, but it's your board.

I'm definately not posting under the stupid rules you made up.

And yes I'll be posting some on siouxsports.com.

It's doubly sad that I had to get banned from my OWN team's board before I ever got banned from siouxsports!! At least they can take differing opinions over there.

runtheoption
09-17-2004, 03:08 PM
Differing opinions are one thing. Absolute drivel is another.

Go have a drink or 8, get pulled over and explain to the cops how they are wrong for arresting you, idiot.

IowaBison
09-17-2004, 03:13 PM
This is my last post here.

It's sad that you would ban a fan of your own team, but it's your board.

I'm definately not posting under the stupid rules you made up.

And yes I'll be posting some on siouxsports.com.

It's doubly sad that I had to get banned from my OWN team's board before I ever got banned from siouxsports!! At least they can take differing opinions over there.

what can we say, bison are held to a higher standard

KC7
09-17-2004, 03:53 PM
This is a very good day for this message board. I almost quit reading the board just for the fact that 1234's mindless comments were all over it. If he had ever played a down of football in his life he would have to retract 90% of his comments. Most people put some thought and heart into their comments and are genuine. 1234 was always looking for a battle. Good luck to him.

tony
09-17-2004, 08:13 PM
1234 didn't really get banned though, changing the user name and not cluttering up the football boards with rants would have been enough to keep him out of trouble. He doesn't do anything really bad - no gossip about people, for example.

However, if he is not willing to make the simple compromise of disassociating himself from NDSU and ceasing the rants, he has no business posting here. It's not the proper forum for it. I was really hoping he'd change his username and tone down his act.

I hated to do it because the only thing worse than reading 1234's rants, is reading posts from me and other people scolding him. In the long run, it's probably better to make people suffer with one lecture from me, than a thousand more posts like these:

1. "I don't believe in arresting people for drunk driving."
2. "No one has even brought up the source of this problem: the nazi fargo police."
3. "After that we ran an offense that consisted of handing the ball off to Gordon and saying 'run you stupid son of bitch run! go!' "
4. "They killed UNA last year in the same way that we're going to kill Cn this year and embarrass southern football once again. "
5. "There needs to be a law that says the media can't get ahold of any police documents."
6. Endless debates about NDSU's and Cal Poly SLO's real names.
7. Endless debates about which defense Carson-Newman really runs... with an ex-Carson-Newman defensive back!
8. A couple hundred mentions of Field Turf/Sprinturf.
9. "I don't think CN will be much competition, sadly. I'd put them about on par with Mankato State."
10. "I was very suprised you got 11000 for MT! I figured you'd barely break 8000." Strange choice of pronouns...
11. "I have mainly teams like Valpo in mind. They're in DI and offer no schol., thus they suck!"
12. Some sort of axe to grind with Tyler Roehl... about 20 posts worth.
13. "I can't believe you guys can call Gold Star a marching band with a straight face."
14. Combative tones with every, example: "Neither of you have any idea what it would cost. You don't work in construction and you can't even agree on what exactly needs to be done. Just shut up. "
15. The Great Time Zone Debate.
16. "SID - whatever. I don't really care if we have one or not. It sounds to me like the job could be filled by an automated phone system."
17. "This is completely incomprehensable. It's utter nonsense." Example of a typical response to other posters.
18. "The band is a distraction. Football fans are there to see football."
19. The Great Fly Or Drive From MSP Debate.
20. The "Ad Hominem remains a noun" Debate.
21. "This looks nice in the papers, but who the hell gives a shit how well our team does academically?!"
22. "Heard Parsons had a bad game (lucky long pass to a DIA receiver who happened to catch it) and looked very bad @ qb as a passer. Hopefully he will be better @ D-back"
23. "HELLO! Your ancestors moved to the cities 25 years ago. Get with the program and leave the farming to the corporations! "
24. "In other words...you have nothing to say that could possibly make the Big Sky seem worthy. "
25. "The NCAA is a power-greedy authoritarian agency who cares more amount the semantics of their titles than they do about their athletes." - explanation of why he insisted on spelling DI as D followed by a 1.
26. "Mid con is our best bet." repeat 150 times for full effect.
27. "Screw the Big Suck. The only reason i dog them so much is that i knew they never wanted us in the first place and that's been confirmed now."
28. "Corporation farming is 1000x better than family farms for prices."
29. "Like i said before.... privatize the athletic department and simply make an affiliation with the university."
30. " Just because NDSU is a land-grant doesn't mean jack because they're a land-grant in a state which is near last in population."
31. "BTW...what the hell!? Who cares about academics!"
32. The Great "Trajectory of the Hail Mary" Debate.
33. "Land area is the ONLY adequate criteria." Don't know what this was about, but it sounds stupid.
34. The Great Geography Debate: "Nice try, but The line of ND-SD-NE-KS-OK is in the eastern half of the USA."
35. "Like i said, STICK IT TO THE GOVERNMENT."
36. "Montana State and Montana in one season?
That's too many mountain hill-billies top play at once. "
37. "Like i've said before, some people enjoy a quieter relaxed envirenment at the games. You have no right to yell excessivly if someone feels that that you're too loud. Sure they could always move...but so could you."

WYOBISONMAN
09-17-2004, 08:45 PM
Now that is a classic post..........My nomination for "Post of the Year"! ;D

NDSU_grad
09-17-2004, 09:19 PM
Wow, I'd almost forgot about #32. As far as stupidity goes, that one has got to be near the top.

BisonFan
09-18-2004, 12:06 AM
Wow, I'd almost forgot about #32. *As far as stupidity goes, that one has got to be near the top.

#1 gets my vote!

99Bison
09-18-2004, 05:54 AM
Honestly, too and extent some of those posts are what keep things interesting. However, the out of context thing is the worst and there were just so many of them.

How about give him his own board/folder that way anyone who wants to see debate for entertainment still can. I do like the creative thinking too.

On a positive note, he did start quite a few threads that got people talking...

The list is hilarious, 32 had to be the best debate ever.

Bisonguy
09-19-2004, 03:29 AM
Hate to say it, but it looks like #4 and #9 were pretty much true. :-/

BisonInTexas
09-19-2004, 01:12 PM
#20 was where I vowed to never respond to one of his posts again. I also remember a couple others (I will paraphrase):

Get rid of all the practice fields and make the Bison practice in the Fargodome all the time.
A guy should be able carry 14 lbs of pot in his car (damn government!)
Let's move the 200 meter indoor track to the Bensen-Bunker Fieldhouse

The list could go on forever. Arguing with 1234 was a little like King Arthur fighting the Black Knight in Monte Python's "The Holy Grail". People just gave up and he declared victory (despite having his arms and legs chopped off in the process).

Craig

tony
09-19-2004, 06:16 PM
99Bison, yeah, I hate banning people (although I didn't really ban 1234). I tried to figure out how to modify the board so that I could restrict 1234 to posting to the Smack board, but couldn't find a suitable pre-written mod.

petey23
09-26-2004, 07:49 AM
Wow, the totality of his stupidity is truly astounding. *It is a good thing for him that breathing is involuntary because I don't know if he could figure it out on his own. *

Siouxpreme
09-27-2004, 06:26 AM
The truly insane thing about this board is that JBB has never been banned. Banning him (her?) would bring this board a giant step closer to reality and maybe even normal bison fans (are there any?) would read this trashy board. Applying the same logic as to JBB as to Bisonfan1234, and JBB would be instantly banned for idiocracy. Double standards abound!! I would challenge Tony to find one post that JBB has written that has inkling of truthfulness or even creativity associated with it. Cannott be done. Bisonfan1234 is a Gandhi/Einstein figure compared to JBB. At least Bisonfan1234 has some creativity associated with him and has an original thought once in a while. To posters from other Div I schools, JBB really makes you guys look like a bunch of half-bred idiots just off the onion truck (not that there is anything wrong with that!!). Wasnt one of the reasons for the Div I move to increase prestige? This board, with JBB posting, desecrates your school in more ways than any NDSU smack ever could.

JBB
09-27-2004, 11:59 AM
Ed Schult

updm002
09-28-2004, 01:45 AM
Don't feel bad - jbb tried and failed to have me banned about 6 months ago. *I was updm002 at the time and he didn't like what I had to say either. *I guess it is easier to ban someone than to win thru the strength of your positions. This is a pretty good site with a lot of interesting opinions and I say that as a UNO maverick fan. *Too bad some people feel that everyone needs to stay within certain ideological positions in order to stay on the site or at the very least they will be shouted down.