PDA

View Full Version : Ground rules reposted....

WYOBISONMAN
11-03-2004, 09:11 PM
I just thought these rules from Tony would be worth posting again. They pertain to a new (old) member returning to the board..... :o Here is hoping that they are adhered too...... :-/

Banned
« on: Sep 16th, 2004, 8:45pm » Quote Modify

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
OK, I've banned BisonFan1234. He's welcome to re-register under a different name as long as the following 1, 2, 3, 4 things happen:

1. His new username doesn't have NDSU, Bison, or anything like that in it. For example, UNDSkyFan would be fine but not NDSUFan1234. Personally, I don't even want to see the 1234.

2. I don't get any private messages complaining about posts he makes under the new name. It should be simple to avoid this seeing as since the last banning I haven't got a single complaint about any other user.

3. He stays on topic. No theory of government in a football thread, for example.

4. He doesn't post anything on SiouxSports.com or any other board I run across with an NDSU-related name.

Bisonfan01234
11-04-2004, 01:51 AM
1. I emailed tony specifically on this rule asking him why. He said he couldn't remember why but he didn't care anymore and to "post away".

2. No control over this.

3. I've only posted government related stuff in one thread which was government subjected.

4. I've stopped posting on siouxsports since coming here.

BisonFan
11-12-2004, 06:46 PM
I make a motion for Tony to reconsider implementing complete ban in place the current ground rules as they are not being followed!

Do I have a second?

Bisonfan01234
11-12-2004, 06:59 PM
Luckily for me, your attempt at democracy has no power.

imported_admin
11-12-2004, 10:07 PM
What little store of patience I had is ebbing away. Keep it up and I'll ban you for a month.

Bisonfan01234
11-12-2004, 11:19 PM
I say what I think, no one can take that away from me.

It's sad that your only answer is to simply delete the posts of mine you don't like.

scottheck
11-12-2004, 11:41 PM
I say what I think, no one can take that away from me.

It's sad that your only answer is to simply delete the posts of mine you don't like.

I don't have the experience that most everyone else on this board has with your posts. I've kept an open mind.
I think the issue is that many of your posts are downright rude and inconsiderate.

You won't believe anything anyone else rights without a link(the Maresh episode) and won't do the homework yourself to disprove. You call them a liar and dare them to back it up. Yet, we all know how wrong sources can be on the internet. A link doesn't prove anything.

Several days ago, I made a mistake about who was on what side of an issue. It was obvious from the thread, you and I were on the same side. Instead of pointing it out, you jumped all over me, called me illiterate and stupid(paraphrasing for brevity). What was my response, I apologized for the error and corrected it as soon as possible.

There are many times you could have taken a higher, polite road.

Bisonfan01234
11-13-2004, 12:12 AM
I've never called anyone anything. I may have implied certain things, but never directly called anyone anything.

It's not my fault that you're reading into my posts too much.

Tuk
11-13-2004, 06:03 AM
Perhaps 01234 should subscribe to a phrase told numerous times to me when I am trying to pick up the ladies ;) :

LESS IS MORE!

what does it mean?
you get further in the conversation by not saying a lot. In the end, people are not turned off (or in your case pissed off) and will listen when you do talk.

Take it or leave it...just a bit of advise. :)