PDA

View Full Version : PLEEEAAAASSSSEEEEEE!

BisonFan
08-31-2004, 04:23 AM
No more threads about *und. Its getting really old seeing every thread digress into smack about *und . The sad part is it isn't even *und posters creating these threads about *und. It is almost always Bison posters. If you don't give a crap about them, please stop polluting this boad (including the smack section) with talk about them. I, for one, am sick of it. I don't read it, but I have to wade through it in every thread on this board. Its just as bad as spam in my mind.

Bisonguy
08-31-2004, 04:31 AM
I already tried this in the smack section, hopefully persistence pays off.

roadwarrior
08-31-2004, 04:34 AM
I agree, some of the most idiotic posts in the smack section are made by our own Bison fans :(

BisonMav
08-31-2004, 01:53 PM
I am born and raised in North Dakota. What happens in North Dakota is of interest to me. The Bison and Sue have a long history, and it will take more than 1 year for the rivalry between the fans to die. I no longer post on Suesports.com, they get very defensive over there, as we probably do here. I don't see it as very difficult to not read a topic that has und* in the title, or any other topic I prefer not to read.

IowaBison
08-31-2004, 02:13 PM
I know where you guys are coming from, and for me there has been an ebb and flow opinion about posting about the suebies

when i don't want to hear about them, any post just seems to be both out of place and upsetting... let's talk about the Bison!

at the same time, i'm going through rivalry withdrawl, and occasionally, as is the case recently, enjoy a little und fix

i'm sure this will pass, but it will take time, don't vilify us, it's a twelve step program

tony
08-31-2004, 03:01 PM
There was a time on the board when we went a couple months without a single smackish mention of UND (seriously).

Not posting about UND is the best smack of all. Right now the basketball and football programs have nothing to do with each other so why kick them when they are down.

02Bison
04-22-2005, 05:59 AM
Since the board is digressing to too much Sue talk and not enough Bison talk I thought I'd revive this old thread! C'mon guys...let go of the past! Move on!

BisonInTexas
04-22-2005, 03:06 PM
The beauty of the smack board is that you don't have to go there. I hardly ever read the smack board, so I don't have to see the infantile bickering between the two camps.

My plea to Bison fans is if you feel the need to smack, please contain it to the Smack board and don't hijack legitimate threads.

Also learn to recognize a troll and don't get drawn offsides (something I have been guilty of in the past - just search for the ad hominem discussion with 1234 ;D).

Craig

somebison
04-22-2005, 04:47 PM
The beauty of the smack board is that you don't have to go there. *I hardly ever read the smack board, so I don't have to see the infantile *bickering between the two camps. *

My plea to Bison fans is if you feel the need to smack, please contain it to the Smack board and don't hijack legitimate threads. *

Also *learn to recognize a troll and don't get drawn offsides (something I have been guilty of in the past - just search for the ad hominem discussion with 1234 ;D).

Craig

++

WYOBISONMAN
04-22-2005, 05:15 PM
I generally avoid the smack board too. And.....I do enjoy the dialog with the good Sioux fans that post on the rest of Bisonville.

02Bison
04-22-2005, 06:20 PM
I was mainly referring to the number of threads that start out with good discussion but soon turn into a UND thread due to a Bison fan that can't resist making a UND comment. I would like to see threads continue in the non-smack section. As is I have to read through crap to find the meaningful stuff in the threads moved to smack. That's why I just suggest no mention of UND at all here.