PDA

View Full Version : Countdown on the front page

tony
07-01-2005, 09:25 AM
Also updated the schedules for all NCAA teams.

About the countdown, I haven't checked the result yet; it might be off.

Gamehunter
07-01-2005, 11:42 PM
I hope so!!! It has been saying 68 days for like a week or more now. For a while there I wondered if we would ever see football again at that rate.

roadwarrior
07-12-2005, 01:00 AM
The countdown clock has one extra hour on it. We dont want the fans showing up late.

Maybe the countdown should be until the Fargodome parking lots open ;D

sambini
07-12-2005, 01:19 AM
ARE THE LOTS GONNA OPEN A HOUR EARLIER AND CLOSE AN HOUR LATER? I THOUGHT I HEARD THAT? ASK SGT. VETTEL I GUESS?

IowaBison
07-12-2005, 01:28 AM
That's correct, Sambini.

Tailgating is going to be even better this year!

Bisonguy
07-12-2005, 02:05 AM
Heck, the countdown says it's only two days and a little less than seven hours until kickoff on my computer. ???

I guess I better clean up the grill. :o :-/

tony
07-12-2005, 10:51 AM
Hehehe, I think I have the countdown fixed for everybody but Bisonguy.

The only thing I can think of for your problem (bisonguy) is that maybe I uploaded a test version of the page and you still have it in your cache. Perhaps refreshing the page will fix the problem? I doubt that will fix it, but then my usual solution for problems like this is be to buy a new, shinier computer (or at least a better graphics card)... however, my wife is catching on to that one.

Bisonguy
07-12-2005, 10:16 PM
Hehehe, I think I have the countdown fixed for everybody but Bisonguy.

The only thing I can think of for your problem (bisonguy) is that maybe I uploaded a test version of the page and you still have it in your cache. Perhaps refreshing the page will fix the problem? I doubt that will fix it, but then my usual solution for problems like this is *be to buy a new, shinier computer (or at least a better graphics card)... however, my wife is catching on to that one.

Tried refreshing, tried clearing the cache, tried restarting, still shows less than two days until kickoff. :-/

I'm not running Internet Explorer on this computer, so maybe it's part of the Vast Microsoft Conspiracy Theory (http://egomania.nu/gates.html). My wife's computer (i.e. Bisonguy's old computer which is now relegated to internet, Mah Johng, Ebay, and MP3 duty) is using IE and displays the countdown fine.

Just bought a new computer for myself about a month ago. Buying another one just to view the countdown probably won't pass spousal approval. :-/

roadwarrior
07-13-2005, 12:55 AM
Not to worry Bisonguy, I dont think you will miss any of the games without the countdown.

WYOBISONMAN
07-13-2005, 06:02 PM
Bisonguy...........look at the good side........if you can't get your countdown clock to work it surely means you are not a computer geek........ ;)

http://www.uaf.edu/journal/extreme/Patriot/images/don.jpg

Bisonguy
07-14-2005, 06:40 AM
Bisonguy...........look at the good side........if you can't get your countdown clock to work it surely means you are not a computer geek........ ;)

http://www.uaf.edu/journal/extreme/Patriot/images/don.jpg

LOL- My wife printed off a bunch of "___ Days until Bison DI football kickoff" signs and put them where I could find them around the house, starting at 30 days out last year.

Guess I don't need the countdown. ;D

sambini
07-18-2005, 03:19 AM
Tony I really like the countdown. Great job thank you. ;D