PDA

View Full Version : forum ?

wfduck
07-22-2005, 02:27 AM
Is there a button to push to get all posts "since last visit"? i know there is one for "last 10" other boards i'm on have this feature, and you don't miss a post since your last visit. just a thought.

quack

tony
07-26-2005, 03:26 PM
Yeah, I think I'll upgrade the forum software at some point (as long as I can find one that will preserve all the posts).

gwendel
07-27-2005, 04:11 PM
I like our Forum format. It's easier to navigate than most.

It would be nice to read all the recent posts without having to jump all over the place, though. I don't think egriz has the ability to read 10 most recent posts. Can't find it, anyway.

Point me to a forum that does. I'd like to see how it works.

YaBB has lots of modifications you can download as patches or plug-ins. NO system for categorizing them, however, and search doesn't seem to work very well. It'd be like finding a needle in a haystack.

gwendel
07-27-2005, 04:22 PM
OOPS! My mistake. You CAN read the 10 most recent posts. I found the link. That's cool. Didn't know it was there before.

The request was for all posts since last visit. Everything else in previous post still allpies though.

WYOBISONMAN
07-27-2005, 04:58 PM
I think that the Bisonville format is the easiest to read out of all the boards I follow.......

gwendel
07-27-2005, 05:26 PM
And there's hope for the future. If you go to the YaBB test site, you will find they are on YaBB 2 (release candidate 3) Reading in the demo forum topics, it sounds like this will be the last release before the official release of YaBB 2 (We are at YaBB Gold 1.3.2).

Visit the site. See what YaBB 2 will be like. Click on Search and you will see that the search parameters have been much improved. And there is one of the "mod" developers -- stands for modification, I think (these people write the add-on plugins) -- who has a priority on writing a "new since last login" plugin.

http://yabbtest.spikecity.net/cgi-bin/SP2/YaBB.pl

The site is called the "YaBB 2 Nuclear Testing Area" -- cool 8)

imported_admin
07-31-2005, 08:48 AM
The hosting company is upgrading the site this weekend. I already noticed one problem: I get an error trying to edit my profile. I was going to research the "forum time being one hour off" problem and got an error trying to do it (avatars folder not present). I'm checking into that now.

If you have any other problems, let me know.

Now that this move is done, I feel better about upgrading the board.

imported_admin
07-31-2005, 08:50 AM
Oh, yeah, the other thing they said was, "Hey, during the upgrade, your users may get redirected to the older site from time to time." This means that posts this weekend my get lost.

imported_admin
07-31-2005, 09:12 AM
OK, it looks like the problem getting to our profiles is fixed.

Now to rebuild the membership lists and whatnot. That might take longer.

Gamehunter
07-31-2005, 07:30 PM
this is the first time the counter on the homepage has been off for me. It now reads 1,387,953 days 4 hours and 35 minutes. (with mozilla firefox browser) Holly cow I don't think I am going to even live that long, what am I going to do without Bison football?

Forunately, If I open my internet explorer browser I am relieved to get only 32 days untill kickoff. I think I am going to quit using mozilla. I don't want to wait 1,387,953 days untill the next Bison football game.

tony
08-01-2005, 09:28 AM
Hehehe. I can understand not getting a count down but 1 million days? Holy cow.

The PC I do my gaming on is the only one that I have firefox on and it died during the move. I might be getting back this week. If so, I'll test on that one.

Looking at the code I'm using now, I see that the programmer is using two digit years so I thought maybe it was showing the time from 5 AD to 2005 AD, but that is only about 700,000 days. For some reason you are getting 3800 years and 32 days until the next Bison game. Hmmm. Maybe time runs in a circle on Firefox?

TheBisonator
08-01-2005, 10:14 PM
September 1, 5805.

I can handle that. ;D

BismarckBison
08-25-2005, 07:41 PM
I just got around to reading some of the articles on Bisonville.com and congrats to the author. I like the way you blend humor into your writing; such as your directions to the Fargo Dome, the DI Decision and UND Backing Out Of Rivalry... very funny very entertaining. Any new additions anytime soon?