PDA

View Full Version : Where did JBB go?

kchats
02-18-2006, 05:42 AM
Where did JBB go? He was a very active poster and I haven't read anything from him in a long time. Anyone know?

sambini
02-18-2006, 05:56 AM
No idea?

Bisonguy
02-18-2006, 03:08 PM
Dec. 29th is the last post I see from JBB.

FWIW- his username is no longer 'clickable', so something must have happened- either on his part or Tony's.

Bisonfan1
02-18-2006, 04:15 PM
I noticed he was showing up as a guest ? JBB, are you on double secret probation ?

MinotBison
02-18-2006, 04:25 PM
I noticed he was showing up as a guest ? JBB, are you on double secret probation ?

Not unless he's at Faber College.

tony
02-18-2006, 08:27 PM
I didn't ban him, but I did correct some purposeful misspellings on his and some other folks' posts one week... seriously, "undii"? Funny once, tiresome twice.

roadwarrior
02-19-2006, 08:51 PM
He is still posting on other boards, such as AGS.

sambini
02-19-2006, 09:03 PM
Did he go to GRAND FORKS for a grinder?

Bisonguy
02-19-2006, 10:03 PM
JBB would push his car ten miles by himself if he ran out of gas passing through Grand Forks, just to make sure he didn't spend any money in Grand Forks.

WYOBISONMAN
02-21-2006, 06:27 AM
JBB would push his car ten miles by himself if he ran out of gas passing through Grand Forks, just to make sure he didn't spend any money in Grand Forks.

Now that there is funny.......

;D

TransAmBison
02-21-2006, 12:22 PM
Now that there is funny.......

;D
Maybe he's with the pigmes?

insane_ponderer
02-21-2006, 07:28 PM
competing in the Olympics??

sambini
02-22-2006, 12:19 AM
AS a curler?

WYOBISONMAN
02-22-2006, 03:39 PM
Now, now, some of us have been known to hurl granite down the ice before.... ;)

insane_ponderer
02-22-2006, 06:20 PM
I wouldn't want to get into Norwegian jokes, but is there anything more Scandinavian than sliding rocks at a target on a sheet of ice?

WYOBISONMAN
02-22-2006, 08:08 PM
I wouldn't want to get into Norwegian jokes, but is there anything more Scandinavian than sliding rocks at a target on a sheet of ice?

Probably.....we could slide 40 lbs. of frozen LUTEFISK at the targets!!!

BisBison
02-23-2006, 12:01 AM
Probably.....we could slide 40 lbs. of frozen LUTEFISK at the targets!!!
Hey WYOBISONMAN what happened to your picture?? it doesn't show up on my comuter any more. Did you do something different?

sambini
02-23-2006, 12:09 AM
Maybe JBB IS FERRIS BUELLER?

buffalobill
02-24-2006, 10:58 PM
I think it is his day off????

Wacker_in_the_Hall
02-24-2006, 11:04 PM
Was he hunting in Northern Wisconsin?

WYOBISONMAN
02-24-2006, 11:29 PM
Hey WYOBISONMAN what happened to your picture?? it doesn't show up on my comuter any more. Did you do something different?

No, it should be there?!?

sambini
02-25-2006, 03:24 AM
Ferris is in Northren Iowa EATING A GRINDER.

Wacker_in_the_Hall
02-25-2006, 04:07 AM
Ferris is floating up to Siouxageville , after which it will be sent into the Sac St Swimming Pool

BisonBacker
02-25-2006, 05:01 AM
aaahhhhh yes all things do have a way of finding their way home ;D

sambini
02-25-2006, 02:02 PM
Maybe he is designing the new RED PEPPER ATM MACHINE? What do you think Wacker?

BisonBacker
02-25-2006, 03:37 PM
JBB replaced Waldo, Now its Where's JBB not where's waldo anymore.

BisonInTexas
02-25-2006, 08:35 PM

Nah, there is nothing more SCOTTISH than sliding rocks on a sheet of ice.

Craig

sambini
02-25-2006, 09:37 PM
Could he be on a trip to DISNEY?

buffalobill
02-27-2006, 10:05 PM
Does he have time? ;D

Bison_Dan
03-08-2006, 01:59 PM
I see some recent posts over at SDSU's board with the name JBB123.

sambini
03-08-2006, 09:09 PM
Is he a bunny fan now? Hope not...

Bisonguy
03-08-2006, 09:42 PM
WWJBBD?

sambini
03-09-2006, 03:48 AM
Is he on that plane that UND uses to study space with NASA?

WYOBISONMAN
03-09-2006, 04:27 AM

OH MY!!! :o

sambini
03-09-2006, 04:43 AM
As Scott Miller says MY OH MY.++++++++++++

Bisonguy
03-09-2006, 05:03 AM

JBB would rather have bamboo splinters shoved under his fingernails and be set on fire than set foot on a plane that says UND on it.

Bisonguy
03-09-2006, 09:50 PM
That looks like a nice compliment of suites. ;D

UND92
03-09-2006, 10:05 PM
I thought I saw JBB up in G.F. this winter taking in a couple of ball games. I don't blame him however, with all the excitement up north this winter it is the place to be. He should be coming back up this weekend and the following weeks as G.F. will be the hotbed for athletics. Let's see what's going on in G.F. Region boys BB at the BETTY this week, class A and B state BB tourney at the ALERUS this week, women's regional BB tourney at the BETTY this week, DIVISION I HOCKEY PLAYOFFS at the RALPH this week. Now what's going on down south? UND will also be hosting the WEST REGIONAL HOCKEY TOURNEY on the same night that AREOSMITH will be in town. The only talk I hear in fargo now days is that poor amy can't recruit against UND in BB and the bison fans want her fired. Now that is exciting. MY OH MY.

BisonBacker
03-09-2006, 10:19 PM
I thought I saw JBB up in G.F. this winter taking in a couple of ball games. *I don't blame him however, with all the excitement up north this winter it is the place to be. *He should be coming back up this weekend and the following weeks as G.F. will be the hotbed for athletics. *Let's see what's going on in G.F. *Region boys BB at the BETTY this week, class A and B state BB tourney at the ALERUS this week, *women's regional BB tourney at the BETTY this week, DIVISION I HOCKEY PLAYOFFS at the RALPH this week. *Now what's going on down south? *UND will also be hosting the WEST REGIONAL HOCKEY TOURNEY on the same night that AREOSMITH will be in town. *The only talk I hear in fargo now days is that poor amy can't recruit against UND in BB and the bison fans want her fired. *Now that is exciting. *MY OH MY. * * *
Can you be any bigger of a Bore?

broke_back_mnt
03-09-2006, 10:26 PM
Its time for a story, note the astrisk:

*Recruiting is a tough business at URNND and when your the DI-AA coaching hopeful in the 4th year of a 3 year promise to move up to Division I-AA it gets tougher. *Promising everyone they will have a chance to play the Division I NDSU BISON doesn't help. *They have shown no interest. ;) *

This year NDSU again took its choice of the local talent. *

Now, I heard, and its just rumor mind you, even though its made its way all the way to the inner chamber of the Golden Arm Committee, *that the DI-AA coaching hopeful is now promising recruits they will get a chance to play the BISON! *

Just to add icing to the cake he always adds “Probably in the Fabulous Fargo Dome too!!” *

He also adds that in the future they wont borrow stock trailers from NDSU to get all their stuff to the DII playoffs and they will get the good hockey buses! *Logos covered of course! *“Its us against the world Kid!” he says with conviction. *You know, I agree. *You want to enjoy the honor of the playoffs, especially with the issues your university is facing?

This is a heck of a promise matrix to make for a DI-AA coaching hopeful. *Lucky as he has been how can he sell that? *:-/ *Why would a top athlete want to play AGAINST the BISON when they could play FOR The BISON *5 or 6 times every year in the FFD and probably once in the Metro Dome! *Our mountain to climb is beating the Gophers, not scheduling them. *

The DI-AA coaching hopeful and the rest of the bunch have a ways to go. * Their mountain is to get to where we are today. *That means hitting the road with all their teams. *That means going through the same rebuilding pains that the NDSU Basketball program is getting through. *That means asking us for a game. *It may also mean asking us for conference admission!

That's a serious question. *NDSU now commands the premier college sports market in North Dakota, recognizing of course the cult of hockey. *Any team that moves into the Division I market is trying to take share from us. *

*Anybody's satire is curiously harmless. *Any harm comes from the interpretation of the reader. *I assure you this is meant with no harm or resemblance to anyone ever. *If it seems like it is, your wrong. *Its simply a fictional account of a true situation. *I should have made that clear when this series was started. *Its about the University of Remote Northern North Dakota (URNND) small college football. *Its coach, its players, its fans and their collective hopes, dreams and experiences and how it all relates to NDSU:

Bisonguy
03-09-2006, 10:30 PM
He's back............ ;D

BisonBacker
03-09-2006, 10:39 PM
That was great JBB, way to go. ;)

RedRiver
03-09-2006, 10:50 PM
I heard that something is going on in Grand Forks this week, gosh they even have to promote the events on Bison Insider. How deprieved they are up north!!

Bisonguy
03-09-2006, 11:07 PM
JBB- Better contact the Prestigious Golden Arm Committee!

I've been hearing rumors that the Prestigious Golden Arm Award might become the new award for the Dakota Border Battle Game. Rumors are even flying that the Dakota Marker Trophy might become the base for the new, improved, Prestigious Golden Arm Award.

There may have not been a Prestigious Golden Arm Award presented in the last couple of years, but fans of the Prestigious Golden Arm Award still have the Prestigious Golden Arm Award on their minds! Inquiring minds want to know!

sambini
03-10-2006, 02:32 AM
Good to have you back JBB. Also sux fan the STATE CLASS B is in Bismarck.

UND92
03-10-2006, 03:06 AM
You are correct sambini. I meant to say the super A boys and girls state tourney is in G.F. After reading all the smack that is put on this site about UND I had to just list some facts about UND and G.F. and the excitement that is going on in G.F. these days. All you guys talk about is UND and some of you have just the most childish statements that it makes me wonder if you are sneaking on the computer between classes or when your parents go to bed? Say JBB, I thought you would have sharpened your writing skills since the last time you were posting. But I guess not, it's the same old talking in circles crap that nobody understands. The gas stations in fargo must be laughing, knowing that many of you will be coming up north to catch the excitement of tournament time. On a serious note, what is going on in fargo, that is sports related, this weekend?

sambini
03-10-2006, 04:16 AM
My daughters got a traveling basketball tourney. And my wife is counting the days till the REDHAWKS season opener. UND92 you might like it. Its a good time during the summer.

Tracker
03-10-2006, 05:28 AM
That's right, you guys have the Redhawks. Since the sports from September to May never have any post season games at NDSU, you are lucky you have the Redhawks to look forward too. At UND we enjoy the sports seasons from September to May. You can have the sports in the summer. Have fun. During the next couple of weeks with all the cars coming from Fargo to Grand Forks for all the various events going on the traffic could a little congested. You guys might want to leave a little early so you get here on time. On further review, I guess there have been post season games in Fargo . I think Concordia had some playoff games.

broke_back_mnt
03-10-2006, 04:57 PM
Its a big time up there. You must really be enjoying yourselves. With all the people in town I bet your going to have a big sidewalk sale?!

But hey, if you like hockey or DII womens BB it will be fun. Thanks for telling us about it otherwise it might have gone unnoticed.

Do you have any idea who your playing? I havent seen anything. Or maybe your not playing? Are you just hosting?

sambini
03-10-2006, 09:57 PM
JBB IT IS GOOD TO HAVE YOU BACK. THATS WHAT THIS THREAD IS ABOUT.

Wacker_in_the_Hall
03-11-2006, 05:53 AM
You are correct sambini. *I meant to say the super A boys and girls state tourney is in G.F. *After reading all the smack that is put on this site about UND I had to just list some facts about UND and G.F. and the excitement that is going on in G.F. these days. *All you guys talk about is UND and some of you have just the most childish statements that it makes me wonder if you are sneaking on the computer between classes or when your parents go to bed? *Say JBB, I thought you would have sharpened your writing skills since the last time you were posting. *But I guess not, it's the same old talking in circles crap that nobody understands. *The gas stations in fargo must be laughing, knowing that many of you will be coming up north to catch the excitement of tournament time. *On a serious note, what is going on in fargo, that is sports related, this weekend?
UND 92====

Only one thing coming up that way

And that is my flushed siouxage

The Alerabin is an incredibly poor basketball facility, and all 74 people at the games will agree

broke_back_mnt
03-11-2006, 05:55 PM
Thanks Sambini. *+++++ *

Did you read the Forum today?

Division I? *Not even 10,000 people for 2 playoff games? *Worst hockey crowd ever maybe and *well under 2,000 for the BB playoff. *Best team ever too, some even say they could beat the BISON yet no fans turn out to support them? *

The sidewalk sale must have been good or the market isn't there for Division I. *I hope the secret donors have real deep pockets because the fans dont seem willing to pay for much. *

The article I read said there was another hockey game at the rink tonight. *Apparently if Mankato wins they will take the series. *This might be an exciting game. *Maybe more people will come out tonight. *I sure hope so. *You cant help but feel a little sorry for those kids not getting any support. *If the BB team plays I hope they get a good crowd too. *

I dont think the gas stations in Fargo have been as busy as advertised.

sambini
03-12-2006, 01:33 AM
JUST PROVES NO ONE WANTS TO GO TO THE ARMPIT OF THE WORLD.

DIBISON
03-12-2006, 06:27 AM
*UND 92====

Only one thing coming up that way

And that is my flushed siouxage

The Alerabin *is an incredibly poor basketball facility, and all 74 people at the games will agree

The Class A Boys' championsip game tonight at the Alerus Center must have been an embarrassment to Grand Forks. The Alerus Center had fewer fans than undII' last football playoff game, which was played before a sparse crowd of 5,000 some. How may were at the game tonight, a couple of thousand??

NDSUstudent
03-12-2006, 06:57 AM
The Class A Boys' championsip game tonight at the Alerus Center must have been an embarrassment to Grand Forks. *The Alerus Center had fewer fans than undII' last football playoff game, which was played before a sparse crowd of 5,000 some. *How may were at the game tonight, a couple of thousand??

Ever since I heard that the State A was to be held in GF I couldn't stop thinking just how stupid that decision was. GF is a hockey town and all of the high schools are hockey schools, I'm sure the town could care less about high school hoops. I hope this is the last year GF ever gets the State A tourney again, they should just let Fargo and Bismarck rotate it. GF does great with the hockey tourney and that is the only one they should ever get to have up in GF.

NDSUstudent
03-12-2006, 07:11 AM
You are correct sambini. *I meant to say the super A boys and girls state tourney is in G.F. *After reading all the smack that is put on this site about UND I had to just list some facts about UND and G.F. and the excitement that is going on in G.F. these days. *All you guys talk about is UND and some of you have just the most childish statements that it makes me wonder if you are sneaking on the computer between classes or when your parents go to bed? *Say JBB, I thought you would have sharpened your writing skills since the last time you were posting. *But I guess not, it's the same old talking in circles crap that nobody understands. *The gas stations in fargo must be laughing, knowing that many of you will be coming up north to catch the excitement of tournament time. *On a serious note, what is going on in fargo, that is sports related, this weekend?

DII regional
UND vs CSU-Peublo-1741
UND vs Northern State-2,089
So far UND can't even draw more then NDSU's women did for this past season. Pathetic

High School Class A
Just Pathetic, GF should be banned from ever hosting a State basketball tourney again. If the city doesn't care just let Fargo and Bismarck have it because they will support it. There where more people in the Cobber gym watching the Minnesota sectional hoops tourney, shame on GF. :-[ :-[ :-[

UND vs MSUM
Game 1-8,004
Game 2-9,258

Isn't hockey you thing? Where are the sell outs? For all the bragging you did GF sure did fall flat their face with these turnouts. GF lost whatever respect I once had for the city with the support it gave the Super A. Can we just work out a deal to give GF to Cananda?

Tracker
03-12-2006, 05:33 PM
When a city hosts the State Class A Boys and Girls Basketball Tournaments, the National Divison II Womens Basketball Regional Tournament, and the WCHA Hockey Playoffs all on the same weekend the attendance figures do get split up a little. Wouldn't you guys love to have that situation? Fargo is definitely the deadest town in March. You should definitely switch the heading of this site to Siouxville rather than Bisonville. It is very misleading. All the banter on here is about Grand Forks and UND. I guess with all the idle time you guys have you only seem to think about us. I guess it's because when you read the newspaper all you read about are the sports that are going on in Grand Forks. I guess you guys need to get a job so you won't have so much time to worry about us. I suppose there is the the possibility that you really care about us. That's probably it. Thanks for caring. Actually us Sioux fans are just laughing at you as you constantly talk about us. You gotta love it Thanks.

sambini
03-13-2006, 12:30 AM
I know all are restraunts and motels had good weekends. Since it is so dead in the LARGEST CITY IN ND. AND STILL GROWING. JBB I'm glad you were found. And good luck to our rivals the SDSU JACKRABBITS IN THE WOMENS NIT.

NDSUstudent
03-13-2006, 03:20 AM
When a city hosts the State Class A Boys and Girls *Basketball Tournaments, *the National Divison II Womens Basketball Regional Tournament, and the *WCHA Hockey Playoffs all on the same weekend the attendance figures do get split up a little. * Wouldn't you guys love to have that situation? *Fargo is definitely the deadest town in March. *You should definitely switch the heading of this site to Siouxville rather than Bisonville. *It is very misleading. *All the banter on here is about Grand Forks and UND. *I *guess with *all the idle time you guys have you only seem to think about us. *I guess it's because when you read the newspaper all you read about are the sports that are going on in Grand Forks. *I guess you guys need to get a job so you won't have so much time to worry about us. *I suppose there is the the possibility that you really care about us. *That's probably it. * Thanks for caring. *Actually us Sioux fans are just laughing at you as you constantly talk about us. *You gotta love it *Thanks.

The only reason I cared was because you and UND92 came here and bragged about all the excitement going on up in GF and the thing that pissed me off the most was the fact that you said the Super A tourney was just a side attraction and while it seems likes the rest of GF shares your view. The Super A is never just a side attraction in Fargo and Bismarck it gets center stage and great support. Hopefully the state never lets GF host another state basketball tourney again because the city doesn't deserve the opportunity to host such an important event.

Tracker
03-13-2006, 01:50 PM
NDSUstudent... You are absolutely right. The State Class A tourney would be the main event in Fargo. The main reason for that is NDSU sports teams never play games in March. By the way, the Division II North Central Womens Basketball Regional Championship is being played at the Betty tonight and the Sioux are playing in it. On Thursday the Sioux Hockey team is playing Wisconsin at the XCel Energy Center on Fox Sports North TV. The weekend after that UND is hosting the Western Hockey Regional at the Ralph. It looks like the Gophers and Michigan are coming to town. What an exciting time to be Sioux fan. More MAIN events happening. You guys should bid for a future Class A tourney so you'd have something going on in Fargo too.

RedRiver
03-13-2006, 02:29 PM
Yes, the Class A would still be fan supported in Fargo, Bismarck, and Minot due to the popularity of basketball, even if there were other local events going on.

Bison_Dan
03-13-2006, 02:53 PM
NDSUstudent... *You are absolutely right. *The State Class A tourney would be the main event in Fargo. *The main reason for that is NDSU sports teams never play games in March. *By the way, *the Division II North Central Womens Basketball Regional Championship is being played at the Betty tonight and the Sioux are playing in it. *On Thursday the Sioux Hockey team is playing Wisconsin at the XCel *Energy Center on Fox Sports North TV. *The weekend after that UND is hosting the Western Hockey Regional at the Ralph. *It looks like the Gophers and Michigan are coming to town. *What an exciting time to be Sioux fan. *More MAIN events happening. *You guys should bid *for a future Class A *tourney so you'd *have something going on in Fargo too.

Tracker - you need to remember nobody cares about hockey!

bincitysioux
03-13-2006, 03:24 PM
Tracker - you need to remember nobody cares about hockey! *

Ya know, you guys should really lay off the "nobody cares about hockey" motto that you've all adopted since you can't support the sport. It really shows how ignorant some members of this board are. The fact is that the Frozen Four tournament is easily the 2nd most profitable franchise in the NCAA's stable, 2nd only to the Final Four basketball tourney. That would lead me to believe that alot of people care about college hockey. :D

Bigears
03-13-2006, 04:46 PM
fact is that the Frozen Four tournament is easily the 2nd most profitable franchise in the NCAA's stable

Really!?! You got any numbers on that?

bincitysioux
03-13-2006, 04:55 PM
Really!?! You got any numbers on that?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Frozen_Four

"The Frozen Four regularly sells out well in advance, helping make the Division I men's ice hockey tournament one of the most profitable for the NCAA, trailing only the Division I men's basketball tournament."

Bison_Dan
03-13-2006, 05:12 PM

"The Frozen Four regularly sells out well in advance, helping make the Division I men's ice hockey tournament one of the most profitable for the NCAA, trailing only the Division I men's basketball tournament."

That's only because fb isn't considered a tournament. The difference between bb and hockey as far as profits go is the same as inches to light-years.

RedRiver
03-13-2006, 05:13 PM
Ya know, you guys should really lay off the "nobody cares about hockey" motto that you've all adopted since you can't support the sport. *It really shows how ignorant some members of this board are. *The fact is that the Frozen Four tournament is easily the 2nd most profitable franchise in the NCAA's stable, 2nd only to the Final Four basketball tourney. *That would lead me to believe that alot of people care about college hockey. :D

Splitting hairs and grabbing straws. Profitiability for one national hockey event and general fan support are different situations. Alot of people care about college hockey, yes it depends on what your personal definition of alot is.

bincitysioux
03-13-2006, 05:22 PM
That's only because fb isn't considered a tournament. *The difference between bb and hockey as far as profits go is the same as inches to light-years.

I wasn't comparing the profits of the Final Four to the Frozen Four. Just pointing out that the Final Four is the only NCAA event that is bigger than the Frozen Four. Division I-AA, Division II, and Division III all have post-season tournaments for football. The championship game of the Frozen Four routinely out-draws all three football championship games.

ndsubison
03-13-2006, 05:27 PM
Ya know, you guys should really lay off the "nobody cares about hockey" motto that you've all adopted since you can't support the sport. *It really shows how ignorant some members of this board are. *The fact is that the Frozen Four tournament is easily the 2nd most profitable franchise in the NCAA's stable, 2nd only to the Final Four basketball tourney. *That would lead me to believe that alot of people care about college hockey. :D

The good people of Fargo (minus the und grads who moved here to find jobs) voted the arena down not because we CAN'T support hockey, but because we DON'T WANT TO support hockey. It was put to a vote and it was soundly defeated. What is not to understand about that? Those in Fargo who care enough about hockey drive to GF and get their fix at the ralph. Many also drive to the FargoDome to get their FB fix. It's the best of both worlds for them. The rest of the people don't care about hockey, hence the results of the vote. I'm glad I don't get into hockey because it would get old always having to make the drive to MPLS to see the Gophs play.

DIBISON
03-13-2006, 05:38 PM
The fact is that the Frozen Four tournament is easily the 2nd most profitable franchise in the NCAA's stable, 2nd only to the Final Four basketball tourney. *That would lead me to believe that alot of people care about college hockey. :D

Come on, profitable and popularity are different. Maybe the Frozen Four charges $50 a ticket!! Maybe alot of people means a narrow base of hockey fans!!

broke_back_mnt
03-13-2006, 07:11 PM
Hey, the frozen 4 is a big deal, but its not anywhere near as big as other bigger deals. *Im not sure NDSU football has ever had a crowd as small as the one at the hockey rink on friday, at least since moving into the Fabulous Fargo Dome anyway.

No there is nothing wrong with hockey, its a cult hit no doubt about it. *What I dont like are the braggarts that cant get enough attention for their hockey game. *Its typical of the game and those involved with it I guess. *A brutish sport that has turned the idea of student athlete on its head. *

Here is a good trivia question: *Has a collegiate hockey player ever graduated from a DII university in North Dakota and if so what year!

Fund raising for Division I up there is going to have to start with the basics. *Potential donors, that have supported the hockey program in the past, will first have to be taught that scholarships are for students on a graduation path not for bail money.

Another problem with hockey:

1) *No opportunity for minorities. * It is the most racially segregated sport in all of college athletics

But your right, its a big deal, if only to a limited audience of devoted fans.

sambini
03-13-2006, 08:05 PM
Is the womens frozen four profitable?

Bigears
03-13-2006, 08:33 PM

As long as we're citing Wikipedia, here's another article that might interest you. Please note that D1aa football draws about 1.8 million more fans per year than D1 Hockey.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sports_attendances

Also, according to the NCAA the total attendance for the NCAA frozen four last year (2005) was 51,365 while total attendance of the semi-final and final games of D1aa football was 51,049. I have no idea which "tournament" might have made more money. It's clear, however that d1aa football is far more popular than d1 hockey.

http://www2.ncaa.org/portal/media_and_events/association_news/ncaa_news_online/2005/04_25_05/division_i/4209n20.html

http://www.i-aa.org/article.asp?articleid=74951

Bisonguy
03-13-2006, 10:19 PM
WIKIPEDIA IS NOT A VALID REFERENCE!!!!

http://www.penny-arcade.com/images/2005/20051216h.jpg

Bigears
03-13-2006, 10:24 PM
Wikipedia may, or may not, be a valid reference. However, in this case the links Wikipedia provides regarding D1 hockey attendance vs. D1aa Football are valid. D1aa football outdraws D1 hockey by a wide margin.

buffalobill
03-13-2006, 11:43 PM

Does bincitysioux realize if UND makes it to the frozen four UND only receives expenses not a full piece of the pie when it comes to each team's share. THE REASON IS THAT THEY ARE A D-II SCHOOL PLAYING A D-I SPORT! AND THAT'S A FACT JACK!

sambini
03-14-2006, 01:14 AM
+++++++++++++

bincitysioux
03-14-2006, 02:42 AM
Does bincitysioux realize if UND makes it to the frozen four UND only receives expenses not a full piece of the pie when it comes to each team's share. THE REASON IS THAT THEY ARE A D-II SCHOOL PLAYING A D-I SPORT! AND THAT'S A FACT JACK!

Yeah it really stinks when all you have to play for is a national championship. ::) ::) ::) ::) ::)

buffalobill
03-14-2006, 02:59 AM
Yeah it really stinks when all you have to play for is a national championship. ::) ::) ::) ::) ::)

As a North Dakotan I am proud to salute the hockey success at UND(actually outside our part of the world most people don't know or care about the difference NDSU and UND) but to reguarly have that degree of success and leave thousands of dollars on the table when you are playing the games makes no sense to me. Why let other schools get a bigger share for doing no more than having their entire programs at the D-1 level.

sambini
03-14-2006, 04:17 AM
Will they make the show this year?

UND2001
03-14-2006, 08:44 PM
Come on, profitable and popularity are different. *Maybe the Frozen Four charges $50 a ticket!! *Maybe alot of people means a narrow base of hockey fans!!

2004 Frozen Four Tickets - $62 (http://www.ncaa.org/releases/champtickets/2003093001ct.htm) (3-Game Package / $20.67 per game)

2005 Frozen Four Tickets - $72 (http://www2.ncaa.org/portal/media_and_events/press_room/2005/september/20050929_mih_tickets_rls.html) (3-Game Package / $24 per game)

2003-2004 NCAA DI Championship - Financial Statement (http://www1.ncaa.org/finance/D1_analysis.pdf)

Hockey

Gross Receipts $4,059,130
Net Receipts $1,479,830

One of only five mens sports to turn an overall profit for the NCAA in DI Championship play.

Basketball
Baseball
Ice Hockey
Lacrosse
Wrestling

BTW, I am not here to argue whether hockey is more popular than any other sport.

buffalobill
03-14-2006, 09:18 PM
UND2001
If your numbers are correct UND playing in that tourney as a d-II school in a d-I level event would leave close to 350,000 on the table. That's not chump change unless you are one.

UND2001
03-14-2006, 09:30 PM
UND2001
If your numbers are correct UND playing in that tourney as a d-II school in a d-I level event would leave close to 350,000 on the table. That's not chump change unless you are one.

My numbers are from the NCAA. Click on "Financial Statement" in my previous post for the *.pdf file.

$736,930 was paid out. How this is divided between the teams is not specified.

I doubt that $350,000 (or more) in lost revenue to UND would cover the expenses related to going DI in all sports. Do you take $5 to lose $10?

Chump is a matter of perspective.

buffalobill
03-14-2006, 09:42 PM
Then don't go D-1 in any other sports or criticize those that do. I was just stating a fact.

sambini
03-14-2006, 09:42 PM
JBB HAS BEEN FOUND AND ITS GOOD TO HAVE HIM BACK.

UND2001
03-14-2006, 10:27 PM
Then don't go D-1 in any other sports or criticize those that do. I was just stating a fact. *

Criticize? Where do you see criticism in my post (or posts)?

What is factual about "That's not chump change unless you are one."? I merely pointed out that there is more than one perspective regarding lost revenue to UND from the Frozen Four.

BisonBacker
03-14-2006, 10:42 PM
I appluad UND2001 for keeping the conversation civil and not resorting to cheap shots in this thread.

buffalobill
03-14-2006, 10:46 PM
You are right! The Civil War is over!!! Hail The University of North Dakota State Fighting Bison!!!!!!!!!!!! That combination would solve alot of problems budgetary, mascot, divisiveness, national attention, national ability to compete, efficiency, and for the future a model to the entire country on how vision emanates from the Plains of North Dakota instead of reacting to it. How about them apples?

broke_back_mnt
03-14-2006, 11:19 PM
I do understand WAC ATTACK!! * *

sambini
03-16-2006, 04:34 AM
Very well put BUFFALO BILL.++++++++++++++++++

BisonBacker
03-16-2006, 04:59 AM
I'm still for the WAC ATTACK ;D

sambini
03-16-2006, 05:06 AM
gLAD TO HAVE YOU ON BOARD.+++++++++++++