PDA

View Full Version : Updating Board Software

imported_admin
03-31-2006, 03:19 PM
If all goes well, I'll be updating the board software this weekend. If there are any new features you want, just list them and I'll see if there are suitable add-ons.

This update should have some nice shiny things like "Most users on" and others - but I won't really know until I install it and play around a bit.

BTW, I deleted a thread in Smack today because I thought the originator had exceeded his quota - however, he hadn't. Sorry, JBB.

SiouxFallsJack
03-31-2006, 04:06 PM
I enjoy coming up to your guys board but sometimes it might be a few days in between. A feature like "view first unread", like over on AGS would be nice.

broke_back_mnt
03-31-2006, 05:14 PM
Actually, I thought the thread was in the und section because it was some early advice for DII football prognosticators. *I didnt think it was smack at all. *It was truthful and not embelished. *

I think an ignore feature like DII football.com had would be good. *let us ban whomever we want on an individual basis. *

BisonBacker
03-31-2006, 07:25 PM
+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

kchats
04-01-2006, 01:48 AM
Actually, I thought the thread was in the und section because it was some early advice for DII football prognosticators. *I didnt think it was smack at all. *It was truthful and not embelished. *

I think an ignore feature like DII football.com had would be good. *let us ban whomever we want on an individual basis. *

Does the ignore only wipe that post on your machine or does it wipe it out for everyone?

BisonBacker
04-01-2006, 01:37 PM

I think an ignore feature like DII football.com had would be good. let us ban whomever we want on an individual basis.

I would love to see that. Maybe an automatic Troll seek and destroy function ;D

broke_back_mnt
04-01-2006, 11:43 PM
I didnt use it on D2 football, but I know a lot of people used it on me. *I believe your post space appears but it is blacked or greyed out on your browser. *The post is there for anybody else that wants to read it. *

That way you can just stroll on by without a care in the world.

kchats
04-02-2006, 05:07 AM
Wouldn't it be tough to read all the responses to a post you can't read and still follow the thread?

tony
04-02-2006, 02:21 PM
I think the best addition this board could possibly have added is "Common Sense", a user-implemented feature that stops them from posting garbage.

broke_back_mnt
04-02-2006, 05:17 PM
Isnt that a little subjective? There isnt a person on this board that doesnt post garbage from time to time, in my opinion anyway, so why not just let me decide for everyone, or you, or maybe Sambini? If the idea of this board is to have every post meaningful for every reader you will have a blank board or a very limited active membership. For that it would be cost efficient to just use the phone.

We are all McFeely at one time or another for somebody reading this board.

sambini
04-02-2006, 10:13 PM
Thanks Tony for all you do++++++++++++++++++++

broke_back_mnt
04-03-2006, 05:30 AM
Yea man. ++++++++++++