PDA

View Full Version : Too many forums?

somebison
04-05-2006, 03:36 PM
Is it just me or do some others think that we don't need a different forum for (almost) every sport. I guess I may be a bit lazy and don't want to click on four different forums to read five new threads about the former "other sports".

My opinion only :)

Bison_Dan
04-05-2006, 03:56 PM
Is it just me or do some others think that we don't need a different forum for (almost) every sport. *I guess I may be a bit lazy and don't want to click on four different forums to read five new threads about the former "other sports".

My opinion only *:)

I agree.

insane_ponderer
04-05-2006, 05:37 PM
then don't ? ;)

NanoBison
04-05-2006, 05:55 PM
I think the number of sections is just fine. I'd only remove one if I could.
(Tony already know which one I'm talking about...)

tony
04-05-2006, 08:26 PM
I know that I'm having trouble finding new posts - it's kind of like a needle in the haystack with so many forums. The new posts aren't jumping out at me either. However, I'm going to give it a while because part of the plan is to make the board friendlier to visitors, and this format should make it easier to find information about a specific activity.

Anyway, I've been caught up with some login issues, but next on the agenda is getting a template out there to dress the board in Bison colors.

WYOBISONMAN
04-05-2006, 08:29 PM
I think once we are used to the new format the number of forums will be fine. I actually like having a larger number of forums since I can now choose not to look at a sport that is not of interest to me.

Bisonguy
04-05-2006, 08:37 PM
I like the larger number of fourms. Keeps things more organized.

BisonBacker
04-07-2006, 04:10 AM
Too many forums and whats up with the time on the posts. I just posted at 11:08pm and it shows 4:53am, Set the clock Tony :o

BisonMav
04-07-2006, 11:16 AM
I like the larger number of fourms. Keeps things more organized.

Agree :)

NDSU_grad
04-07-2006, 01:10 PM
I think a happy medium could be struck between the old board and this board regarding the number of forums. For instance, men and women's T&F could probably be in one forum. Everything considered, though, this board is going to be great once the new graphics are on here.

broke_back_mnt
04-07-2006, 11:10 PM
An easy way to read the most recent posts is to use the last 10 posts function. That saves you the time of browsing the topics.

somebison
04-08-2006, 07:53 PM
would it be possible to have the active forums bounce to the top of the board (similar to how active threads bounce to the top of individual forums?)

again my opinion only :)