PDA

View Full Version : Somebody hacked the board.

TheBisonator
04-11-2006, 04:06 AM
Stuff like that is completely uncalled for in this environment. Probably some computer nerd getting his rocks off at doing this kind of shit. It is NOT cool. People who do this kind of shit are LOSERS, plain and simple. I feel sorry for whatever loser did this.

imported_admin
04-11-2006, 09:07 AM
Interesting. Notice the post count is low for this "Bisonville Deputy"? The bot didn't hack the board so much as spam it. It created a new user and gave it the same name as the admin (well not the same name - it put a period at the end of it). At least, I'm hoping it was a spam bot, although there are some things that might indicate that this board was targetted specifically:

a) It didn't hit the old board
b) It didn't hit the jackrabbit board or any other Yabb board I checked
c) It used the phrase "bisonville board"; however, that text doesn't appear anywhere on the site as the "Bisonville Board" at the top of the screen is a graphic file. The actual name of the board, which is right there where you'd go to see the admin's name, is "Bison Board".

I only see the one post, but it would be interesting to know whether it hit every board with the the same text and subject line. Anybody remember?

Anything else jump out at anybody? I'm checking with software community to see if anybody else got spammed.

roadwarrior
04-11-2006, 07:17 PM
When I saw it last night about 10pm, there were 46 posts by that person, and they were all identical. At least one post under each main topic, and on several threads under some topics.

Then Trainer arrived and started deleting them.

mikelsch
04-13-2006, 03:30 PM
Eliminate the WAC ATTACK posts. It's getting real annoying. If I didn't know better, I would think that a spammer was invading the board.