PDA

View Full Version : A failed experiment

imported_admin
04-18-2006, 07:43 AM
Tick tock. The "UND smack" experiment hasn't really worked. I thought that by putting a spotlight on the UND smack that it would either improve or dry up. Maybe it has to a certain extent, but not enough. Plus having the board really bugs a lot of people.

Anyway, it's going to be gone in 24 hours. Now, some folks will be tempted to bring the UND talk to other parts of the board. Anything I'd have moved to the UND smack section is going to end up deleted. So if you have to talk about UND, better make it smack-free.

Bison_Dan
04-18-2006, 12:45 PM
Tick tock. The "UND smack" experiment hasn't really worked. I thought that by putting a spotlight on the UND smack that it would either improve or dry up. Maybe it has to a certain extent, but not enough. Plus having the board really bugs a lot of people.

Anyway, it's going to be gone in 24 hours. Now, some folks will be tempted to bring the UND talk to other parts of the board. Anything I'd have moved to the UND smack section is going to end up deleted. So if you have to talk about UND, better make it smack-free.

I think you need to define smack? Is a true statement smack?

UND92
04-18-2006, 01:55 PM

I think you need to define smack? Is a true statement smack?
Dan, you have a reason to worry. You never make a true statement.

broke_back_mnt
04-18-2006, 02:33 PM
My experiment worked! *

I reserved a Suite for the Return of Rocky Hagger, The SDSU Boarder Battle and the Cal Poly game. *All 16 seats for each game are now sold. *It was $50/game/ticket. *We have a bank president and 2 of his friends, a mayor, 2 small business owners and their wives, a retired precessing plant owner, a real estate developer and 2 distinguished guests. *I was really surprised how quickly it sold. *A few phone calls to a few friends, word spread, and it was gone. *Several do not go to games at all. *Others only a few times/year so this is also a way to grow the fan base.

I strongly recommend that anyone having problems with people in the Fabulous Fargo Dome for standing, cheering etc. do this. *You are still subject to all the rules for any fans in the building but your seats are seperated and you wont have any problems with complaints for fan behavior where the subjective interpretation of an unknown person behind you rules the day. *

Bison_Dan
04-18-2006, 03:01 PM

I think you need to define smack? *Is a true statement smack? *
Dan, you have a reason to worry. *You never make a true statement.

Ouch - your so clever! :o

NanoBison
04-18-2006, 03:10 PM

Could you please be more specific on what qualifies for smack and what doesn't? Lately I've been hearing "just mentioning UND will get you booted". Would the topic on "Duplication of Programs" qualify for smack? I'd personally put in the "Bison Community". But I'd like to hear your opinion on the matter.

tony
04-18-2006, 03:53 PM
Nano, nobody has been booted for months - and that had nothing to do with UND talk.

Personally, I could care less if the UND talk is smack or not because this is BISONVILLE.com not TrueStatementsAboutUND.com, but I understand that UND and NDSU are probably not done competing so some talk is natural. However, UND talk of any kind seems to leads to painful-to-read exchanges (kinda like the one that UND92 and Bison Dan have embarked upon in this thread, except multiplied by 100).

There are NDSU folks who can talk about UND (or UND folks about NDSU) without going all squirrel monkey - I don't happen to be one of them. They should feel free to start a conversation, but if their thread gets hijacked, I'll get rid of the offending posts.

As for a "duplication of programs" post, I dunno. You tell me what is more likely: a poorly-constructed, probably foul-mouthed, rant full of name calling and other embarrassments or a genuinely thoughtful statement about the issue? If it's the former, I'll yank it. Bison Commons is the proper place for the latter.

NanoBison
04-18-2006, 05:11 PM
Excellent. That was I was thinking too.

p.s. I already had that post in under the topic of UND Smack. With something like 1200 people having read it and no complaints, it must be ok. If you want Tony, go ahead and move it under Bison Commons, since it deals with Fargo and NDSU too.

Bison_Dan
04-18-2006, 05:57 PM
Nano, nobody has been booted for months - and that had nothing to do with UND talk.

Personally, I could care less if the UND talk is smack or not because this is BISONVILLE.com not TrueStatementsAboutUND.com, but I understand that UND and NDSU are probably not done competing so some talk is natural. However, UND talk of any kind seems to leads to painful-to-read exchanges (kinda like the one that UND92 and Bison Dan have embarked upon in this thread, except multiplied by 100). *

There are NDSU folks who can talk about UND (or UND folks about NDSU) without going all squirrel monkey - I don't happen to be one of them. They should feel free to start a conversation, but if their thread gets hijacked, I'll get rid of the offending posts.

As for a "duplication of programs" post, I dunno. You tell me what is more likely: a poorly-constructed, probably foul-mouthed, rant full of name calling and other embarrassments or a genuinely thoughtful statement about the issue? If it's the former, I'll yank it. Bison Commons is the proper place for the latter.

Tony I think your subjectivity is failing you. I have not embarked on anything. My reply was most cordial. Why you give und92 and others that come on here and post attacks a free pass I'll never figure out.

NanoBison
04-19-2006, 04:40 AM

I'm going to hold you to your word. It better be gone by 2:43am. ;)

UND92
04-19-2006, 05:26 AM

Personally, I could care less if the UND talk is smack or not because this is BISONVILLE.com not TrueStatementsAboutUND.com, but I understand that UND and NDSU are probably not done competing so some talk is natural. However, UND talk of any kind seems to leads to painful-to-read exchanges (kinda like the one that UND92 and Bison Dan have embarked upon in this thread, except multiplied by 100).

Tony I think your subjectivity is failing you. I have not embarked on anything. My reply was most cordial. Why you give und92 and others that come on here and post attacks a free pass I'll never figure out.

Dan, Dan, Dan. Haven't you figured it out yet. There is a difference between us. I actually makes sense when I speak. Ya, I get a little nasty at times with the smack, but it is called a smack board right? You just seem to make the same statement time after time that doesn't make any sense. The difference between the sioux board and the bison board is simple. We talk about UND on the sioux site, and don't have 9 out of 10 topics heading by the word ndsu. Now on the bison board most talk is about UND, with many threads started by bison fans to talk about UND. I just don't get it. I find it strange that your board would have it's own heading called UND smack. But that's the difference between us. You guys find it so funny to constantly cut down UND and it's coaches and administration on your board that one can not help come over to this site and defend what is being said. I mean it is talked about all the time. I guess I'm glad that our board and the people running it take the high road and don't stoop so low to have a topic called bison smack on it. It just shows the class we have at UND. It also shows who has moved on and who is still obsessed with the other.

tony
04-19-2006, 06:18 AM
UND92, I find it odd that some Bison fans have such a profound need to talk about UND all the time too; however, I'll take those UND-obsessed guys over mean-spirited gossips and simpering hypocrites any day (my point, if you are missing it, is that siouxsports.com is a haven for some such folks). It seems to me that for every UND-obsessed guy here, there's a UND fan who is too classy to post smack but not too classy to write something like, "I've heard that prominent members of the higher ed board think that Chapman is a liar" or "It's common knowledge that NDSU does [insert whatever skullduggery you can think of here]". Here's an idea - I will worry about what people post here and you will worry worry about what gets posted on your fan site. Deal?

There are at least two other forums better suited for smarmy crap like that which you just posted: The Grand Forks Herald editorial page and your team's fan site. It will no longer be tolerated here though.