PDA

View Full Version : Troubleshooting FAQ

imported_admin
04-07-2006, 10:41 AM
I can't log in - says my user ID / password is wrong. There was a problem with User IDs when there were two that differed only by the case of the letters (e.g. NYBison and nybison). I believe that is fixed now.

Punctuation in user IDs. Can't edit your profile if you have a "#" in your user ID. Looking for a patch now. (4/9/2006)

My time is wrong. I'm hoping that this is a matter of going into your profile and changing your time zone. If that doesn't solve the problem, let me know and I'll look into it further.

Getting an error trying to send Personal Messages (PMs). I uploaded a patch that was supposed to fix this, let me know if this is still aproblem. (4/9/2006)

I'm having a problem but it isn't listed here. Just post it here or drop me an email and I'll incorporate it into this Frequently Asked Questions post.

imabison
04-08-2006, 12:04 AM
I can't log in - says my user ID / password is wrong. There was a problem with User IDs when there were two that differed only by the case of the letters (e.g. NYBison and nybison). I believe that is fixed now.

Punctuation in user IDs. Haven't had time to check but I think this can cause problems.

My time is wrong. I'm hoping that this is a matter of going into your profile and changing your time zone. If that doesn't solve the problem, let me know and I'll look into it further.

Getting an error trying to send Personal Messages (PMs). This is a bug in the board software - should be fixed by Monday.

I'm having a problem but it isn't listed here. Just post it here or drop me an email and I'll incorporate it into this Frequently Asked Questions post.

I went and changed my settings in the profile, and the time is now correct. Very strange it was correct at work, and not at home.

Happy now

DIBISON
04-08-2006, 02:33 AM
Help - I can't find any time change setting in my profile. It sonly shows my username, posts, signature, etc. How do I find it?

Bisonguy
04-08-2006, 02:44 AM
Help - I can't find any time change setting in my profile. *It sonly shows my username, posts, signature, etc. *How do I find it?

Click on the 'Modify' button in the upper right corner (directly right of your username), you should then be asked to enter your password.

After entering your password, you will be taken to the edit profile screen. Click on the 'Options' link on the bar across the top (bar displays 'edit profile', 'contact information', 'options', and 'PM preferences'. There you will find the place to change your time setting.

SDbison
04-08-2006, 02:55 AM
Help - I can't find any time change setting in my profile. *It sonly shows my username, posts, signature, etc. *How do I find it?

Click on the 'Modify' button in the upper right corner (directly right of your username), you should then be asked to enter your password.

After entering your password, you will be taken to the edit profile screen. Click on the 'Options' link on the bar across the top (bar displays 'edit profile', 'contact information', 'options', and 'PM preferences'. There you will find the place to change your time setting.
Bisonguy, I just figured it out and then you go and post the way to do it. IMO kind of a round about way to change settings in the profile. Not very clear to me. Well I got it done and now I made my first post in the new format. Hey Tony, when will the new graphics be ready? I am sick of this pale blue background. :P

DIBISON
04-08-2006, 05:36 AM

Thanks, I finally got it. It must have been the light blue color background as I didn't see the bar across the top!!

TransAmBison
06-13-2006, 10:07 PM
I can't use the smiley faces or image icons, any of the buttons right above the message text? Ideas?