PDA

View Full Version : New Rule

NanoBison
07-21-2006, 06:15 AM
Can we enact a rule that each user (or I.P. address) can only have ONE username associated with it ???

:-?

tony
07-21-2006, 07:06 AM
It's not the number of alternate names that is the problem - it is how these alternate user names are being used (circumventing bans, hijacking threads, and spamming). Spamming is a violation of the user agreement so I've banned the user name "L D Loftsgard" - besides, that choice of user names was just plain tacky.

In any event, if another spamming incident happens, I'll ban the IP address responsible - even though that could end up affecting a whole lot of people who are not inconsiderate spam monkeys. Due to the nature of the internet, there are very few options available to me.

I'd like to thank everybody by not making it worse by responding to the spammer's posts.

Swaghook
07-21-2006, 07:12 PM
Can we enact a rule that each user (or I.P. address) can only have ONE username associated with it ???

make that two at least. Me and my wife both have a username, although she doesn't post much at all.

BisonMav
07-21-2006, 09:40 PM

make that two at least. Me and my wife both have a username, although she doesn't post much at all.

Me and my wife and 13 kids all have id's ;)

IowaBisonToo
07-21-2006, 09:48 PM

Me and my wife and 13 kids all have id's *;)
And you all have the same exact thought process and writing technique, right? ;)

Wilhelm_Klink_1972
07-23-2006, 02:49 AM

Me and my wife and 13 kids all have id's *;)
And you all have the same exact thought process and writing technique, right? ;)
El correcto mundo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!