PDA

View Full Version : bison brigade

land_grant_bison
08-24-2006, 10:53 PM
I'm a student at NDSU and I plan on joining bison brigade (I've never attended a meeting) and I was wondering if there were any connections between bison brigade and team makers. Are most of the team makers previous bison brigaders? Do team makers/bison brigade council members strongly suggest that members get a profile on bisonville? Do the two groups ever do anything together and join their common interest in bison athletics? After all the strength of the herd is the bison and the strength of the bison is the herd.

On Bison carry the fight
State is backing you...

roadwarrior
08-24-2006, 11:19 PM
*Are most of the team makers previous bison brigaders? *

There wasn't a bison brigade when I was in school. Only the Rahjahs!

roadwarrior
08-24-2006, 11:20 PM
Do the two groups ever do anything together and join their common interest in bison athletics? *

Tailgate?

sambini
08-25-2006, 12:15 AM
DRINK BUDWEISER SELECT++++++++

Dakota
08-25-2006, 01:59 AM
Join TEAM MAKERS.

lakesbison
08-25-2006, 03:16 AM
I was on campus today checking out the ahhh.... young ladies.... just making sure they felt at home, and if they needed assistance, etc.. i was there..

AND.. oh.. back on subject..

I saw a LOT of Bison Brigade Tshirts.. and i was also wondering.. whats up..

who were the crazy son of bitches in the front 5 rows of football back in 92-96??

Bison Brigade Boy... YOU TELL US old timers what your all about..

and oh. yea.. Rookies buy the beer for tailgate!!

TheDoctor
08-25-2006, 03:35 PM
Real mature Lakes, real mature! ;D

Herd_Mentality
08-25-2006, 05:38 PM
I was on campus today checking out the ahhh.... *young ladies.... *just making sure they felt at home, and if they needed assistance, etc.. i was there..

AND.. oh.. back on subject..

I saw a LOT of Bison Brigade Tshirts.. and i was also wondering.. whats up..

who were the crazy son of bitches in the front 5 rows of football back in 92-96??

Bison Brigade Boy... YOU TELL US old timers what your all about..

and oh. yea.. *Rookies buy the beer for tailgate!!

The Hawaiian shirt guys?

lakesbison
08-25-2006, 06:20 PM
Yea.. those guys.. are they bison brigade?? or is BB a new group??

B1SON.... *bows* thank you, thank you very much << in my elvis tone.

Herd_Mentality
08-25-2006, 06:43 PM
Bison Brigade was sometime after the Hawaiian shirt guys. They were just a group of guys that enjoyed heading to the Football and Basketball games together. It's also the same group that was involved in the "Gene Roebuck mustache scandal". I should break that old rag out for one of the games this year...if it still fits.

mebison
08-25-2006, 06:43 PM
Someone else will have to back me up on this, but I believe the Bison Brigade is a new student group started 3-4 years ago to drum up school spirit. Kind of like a pep club for college.

OrygunBison
08-25-2006, 09:13 PM
I was part of the Hawaiian shirt group...although I personally refused to wear flowered clothing. This group spawned out of the "Dead Animal Hat" group, the last few years at Dakota Field, which I was part of, as well. I think the Hawaiian shirts were in direct response to the newly found "tropical" weather inside the dome... somewhat sarcastically.

I've never heard of the BB, though. I left in '95, only to come back for 1 or 2 games every couple of years.

I'll be in Fargo for Northeastern and MSP for the gophs.

markerman
08-25-2006, 10:18 PM
I'm a student at NDSU and I plan on joining bison brigade (I've never attended a meeting) and I was wondering if there were any connections between bison brigade and team makers. *Are most of the team makers previous bison brigaders? *Do team makers/bison brigade council members strongly suggest that members get a profile on bisonville? *Do the two groups ever do anything together and join their common interest in bison athletics? *After all the strength of the herd is the bison and the strength of the bison is the herd.

On Bison carry the fight
State is backing you...

In my time, I was highly involved with the Brigade. The Bison Brigade was started through the Tobkin/Tobkin administration of 2000-2001. The name was actually coined by none other than Gene Taylor, who historically has worked very closely with the Brigade. We didn't interact much with Team Makers nor Bisonville. It was more to get students to athletic events and get them fired up. We did a new T-Shirt design every year that we would sell for cheap. We really always wanted to have a standard green and yellow camouflage shirt, but it's a pretty expensive venture.

I think the idea of these two groups joining together is a good one. I would say just get involved by going to the meetings and making your voice heard. Troy Goergen is a good contact in athletics if you have questions about the group.

sambini
08-26-2006, 03:58 AM
+++++++++++++++

Dakota
08-26-2006, 01:21 PM
Yea.. those guys.. are they bison brigade?? or is BB a new group??

B1SON.... *bows* *thank you, thank you very much << in my elvis tone.
lakesbison IS MY HERO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

insane_ponderer
08-26-2006, 04:33 PM
I'm a student at NDSU and I plan on joining bison brigade (I've never attended a meeting) and I was wondering if there were any connections between bison brigade and team makers. *Are most of the team makers previous bison brigaders? *Do team makers/bison brigade council members strongly suggest that members get a profile on bisonville? *Do the two groups ever do anything together and join their common interest in bison athletics? *After all the strength of the herd is the bison and the strength of the bison is the herd.

On Bison carry the fight
State is backing you...

In my time, I was highly involved with the Brigade. *The Bison Brigade was started through the Tobkin/Tobkin administration of 2000-2001. *The name was actually coined by none other than Gene Taylor, who historically has worked very closely with the Brigade. *We didn't interact much with Team Makers nor Bisonville. *It was more to get students to athletic events and get them fired up. *We did a new T-Shirt design every year that we would sell for cheap. *We really always wanted to have a standard green and yellow camouflage shirt, but it's a pretty expensive venture.

I think the idea of these two groups joining together is a good one. *I would say just get involved by going to the meetings and making your voice heard. *Troy Goergen is a good contact in athletics if you have questions about the group.

they got the camo going this year apparently....they tried three different colors of lettering so i am not sure which one they stuck with, but i saw the camo with the yellow lettering. i would imagine that if you wanted to purchase any bison brigade gear you could get contact info from the student govt or office of student orgs.

TheDoctor
08-29-2006, 06:55 PM
lakes bison may be somethings, but my hero he is far from. ;D

land_grant_bison
08-30-2006, 07:52 PM
Wow all that info sounds good. I just heard that there will be a meeting tonight (30th) at the BSA at seven o'clock if anyone is interested; I'm not sure but I think it's in room 103. Apparently there will be a tour of the fargodome's new facilities so hope to see you there!

sambini
10-13-2006, 09:55 AM
Any Bison Brigade goimg to be the HOMECOMING GAME? lets rock the place.

land_grant_bison
10-15-2006, 12:40 AM
it looked like the bison brigade/student section was pretty full but I couldn't really tell because I was so close the front row ;D. Wow what a fun fourth quarter: punt return and interception return and now we can finally talk about the gophers.

sambini
10-15-2006, 01:30 AM
Get that Bison Brigade ready for the GOPHERS+++++++++++