PDA

View Full Version : List problems here...

tony
11-07-2006, 11:39 PM
Of course, if you can't post, you'll have to drop me an email.

Otherwise, list your problems here.

Come to think of it, if this is working, it'd be cool if you'd reply to this (so I know that it is at least halfway there).

Trimmy
11-08-2006, 12:20 AM
I think when you view a thread it still says "NEW" once you get out.

Hammersmith
11-08-2006, 12:58 AM
Ditto

Trimmy
11-08-2006, 01:40 AM
When a page is full, it starts the next page, even though there aren't any posts in it yet. (Not trying to be picky, thought you would want to know. You do a great job!)

Bisonguy
11-08-2006, 02:02 AM

Same thing for PM's. Still says I have new messages, even though I've opened them.

TransAmBison
11-08-2006, 02:15 AM
had trouble posting...seems better now...

mebison
11-08-2006, 03:09 AM
We can't be in the playoffs this year.

...oh, sorry, I guess you meant problems with this site... :P

lakesbison
11-08-2006, 03:10 AM
when u click on message board on front page (WHICH I THINK SHOULD BE MORE PROMINENT!!! up top!!)

when u click on it, why dont you have it goto www.400pair... bla bla.

instead of maintence site down, click here

ok?

kchats
11-08-2006, 03:18 AM
Can't post.

Bisonguy
11-08-2006, 03:28 AM
Last post listing for threads is incorrect on Forum homepage, and it seems that some threads are 'updating' their post times and bumping to the top, even though the last post was hours ago (i.e. thread with last post at 1:15 PM is getting bumped to the top, even though it's 10:00 PM).

Maybe the cause is posts are not showing up? :-?

lakesbison
11-08-2006, 03:35 PM
someone answer my question above!! please

tony
11-08-2006, 06:14 PM
someone answer my question above!! please

Just to let you know, I've got a way of doing things:

1. Gather up bug reports and fix critical ones as we run across them
2. Separate the remaining bug reports into two categories: "minor bugs" and "suggestions"
3. Fix the bugs
4. Act on the suggestions (if there's time).

I'm still on 1. However, if you go to the old bisonville message board there is a hyperlink to this site in the heading where the "scrolling news" displays. On my list for tomorrow is getting the www.bisonville.com transferred to the new address since using the old one isn't an option. After that happens, www400.whatever will be the same as www.bisonville.com. In the meantime, you could bookmark the thing.

Tatanka
11-08-2006, 07:25 PM
Thanks for the effort, Tony. Being an IT guy by trade I know transitioning sites like this isn't necessarily the easiest thing to deal with...

Perhaps the rest of us can cut some slack? Last I checked site maintenance, etc. was a volunteer effort...

IowaBisonToo
11-08-2006, 08:36 PM
Some of the threads (actually, many of them I've tried), aren't updating with the new posts. For example, in the Football section, there was a thread that said somebody posted today. When I went there, I saw nothing of the sort. The last post was yesterday before the site went down.

The "New" button won't clear on mine either, once I've looked at that particular thread.

cabis
11-08-2006, 09:56 PM
Nothing in the soccer section seems to be working. Can't post, doesn't register views, can't reply.

lakesbison
11-08-2006, 10:00 PM
Tony.

i aint bitching.

anyways, on my cell phone. i always had the "old recent posts" button bookmarked and i was loving it!!

i could click on that, and voila~.. bison game updates.

just let us know when it's all done, so I can bookmark it again

thanks!!!!

keep it up!! Im passin the word on bisonville!!

tony
11-08-2006, 10:51 PM
Nothing in the soccer section seems to be working. Can't post, doesn't register views, can't reply.

I might have fixed that as well as the "can't mark as read" - at least for most folks.

Hammersmith
11-08-2006, 11:32 PM
Fixed for me.

scottheck
11-08-2006, 11:47 PM
Fixed for me.

++++++++++