PDA

View Full Version : Can we have a Mid-Continent Conference section

BisonBacker
11-11-2006, 02:28 PM
Would like to see a Mid-Continent conference section on the board Tony. Similar to what the bunnies have done. For our visitors from other schools in the conference maybe an easy place to quickly go to and catch up on conference news. Just MHO.
Thank You.

IowaBison
11-11-2006, 02:45 PM
I like that idea.

Would definitely comment on ORU's loss and SUU's win.

It would be a great opportunity to learn more about the teams and players.

Bisonguy
11-11-2006, 11:44 PM
Doesn't 'News about other schools' take care of this?

BisonBacker
11-12-2006, 02:53 AM
Doesn't 'News about other schools' take care of this?
Not every other school is in the Mid-Con.

sambini
11-12-2006, 08:05 AM
How about the Gateway? If we get into that also? Or just leave it in football?

tony
11-12-2006, 08:44 AM
How does a Mid Con / Gateway combo sound?

Hammersmith
11-12-2006, 11:04 AM
If I were doing this, I'd take the opportunity to do a little housekeeping. Assuming YaBB allows it, I would move Retired Game Threads into Football like AGS does with its Political Wing in the AGS Lounge. Also, I think the Divison I forum has served its purpose and now that NDSU is in the Mid-Con, anything that doesn't fit in a Mid-Con forum can go in News About Other Schools. Each sport having its own forum is nice, but it makes the main page a little long. Men's and women basketball could possibly be recombined, but they each get enough posts to warrant seperate forums. Kind of a toss-up there. I do think that baseball and softball could be combined without much problem. Although I see how you've used the order the different seasons start to order the sport forums, I think sorting them by popularity or dividing them by season might be easier for readers. I'm going to throw out a couple of configurations for consideration.

This config would group all the most-used forums near the top and still group the seasonal sports together:

Bison Community
*Bison Commons
*Our House
*Mid-Con Conference
*Great West(later Gateway) Football Conference (if desired)
*Other Schools
*Smack Talk

Fall Athletics
*Football (Retired Game Threads)
*Volleyball
*Soccer
Winter Athletics
*Men's Basketball (Retired Game Threads - when needed)
*Women's Basketball
*Wrestling
Spring and Cross-Season Athletics
*Baseball and Softball
*Track & Field / Cross Country
*Golf / Other

Maintenance
*Suggestions/Announcements

This is an alternate Athletics section based on popularity:

Bison Athletics
*Football
*Men's Basketball
*Women's Basketball
*Baseball and Softball
*Volleyball
*Wrestling
*Soccer
*Golf / Other

And an alternate Other section with a slight naming change:

Bison Commons
*Conference News (Mid-Con/GWFC/Gateway)
*Other Schools
*Bison Community
*Our House
*Smack Talk

Take all of this FWIW.

BisonBacker
11-12-2006, 01:05 PM
How does a Mid Con / Gateway combo sound?
That would work but I think it would be nice to have them split up since Gateway is only a Football conference (this is of course assuming we get into the gateway) and Mid-Con is everything else (minus wrestling)

Bisonguy
11-12-2006, 05:00 PM
If I were doing this, I'd take the opportunity to do a little housekeeping. Assuming YaBB allows it, I would move Retired Game Threads into Football like AGS does with its Political Wing in the AGS Lounge. Also, I think the Divison I forum has served its purpose and now that NDSU is in the Mid-Con, anything that doesn't fit in a Mid-Con forum can go in News About Other Schools. Each sport having its own forum is nice, but it makes the main page a little long. Men's and women basketball could possibly be recombined, but they each get enough posts to warrant seperate forums. Kind of a toss-up there. I do think that baseball and softball could be combined without much problem. Although I see how you've used the order the different seasons start to order the sport forums, I think sorting them by popularity or dividing them by season might be easier for readers. I'm going to throw out a couple of configurations for consideration.

This config would group all the most-used forums near the top and still group the seasonal sports together:

Bison Community
*Bison Commons
*Our House
*Mid-Con Conference
*Great West(later Gateway) Football Conference (if desired)
*Other Schools
*Smack Talk

Fall Athletics
*Football (Retired Game Threads)
*Volleyball
*Soccer
Winter Athletics
*Men's Basketball (Retired Game Threads - when needed)
*Women's Basketball
*Wrestling
Spring and Cross-Season Athletics
*Baseball and Softball
*Golf / Other

Maintenance
*Suggestions/Announcements

This is an alternate Athletics section based on popularity:

Bison Athletics
*Football
*Men's Basketball
*Women's Basketball
*Baseball and Softball
*Volleyball
*Wrestling
*Soccer
*Golf / Other

And an alternate Other section with a slight naming change:

Bison Commons
*Conference News (Mid-Con/GWFC/Gateway)
*Other Schools
*Bison Community
*Our House
*Smack Talk

Take all of this FWIW.

I like the formats in bold.

If either 'News about other schools' or 'Division I' are axed or merged together, then the conference boards make more sense IMO.

Is there any way to have nested/child forums on this board? If so, that might be a good place to put the retired game threads.