PDA

View Full Version : Site Probably Going To Go Down

tony
09-12-2006, 08:26 AM
I'm going to have to find a new web host tonight as my current webhost has been making noise about poor old bisonville.com using too much CPU and given me a ludicrously short amount of time (48 hours from 5:00 PM yesterday) to "do something about it" or cough up a significant chunk of change to upgrade my service. They know dang well that nothing can be done to reduce CPU usage - in this case I guess I'd have to rewrite the BB software to be more efficient).

Anyway, I'm going to start the process of transferring to a new host tonight. I haven't had any time to research what this will mean. It might take a while for the the bisonville.com name to get hooked up to the new IP address which means the site may or may not go down. Any messages posted during the transition will almost certainly be lost.

pmp6nl
11-02-2006, 09:27 PM
Just wondering what host you were at/changed to?

tony
11-02-2006, 10:57 PM
Good Lord! Thanks for reminding me! I just got another warning email from my hosts before I came back for the Gopher game and forgot about it in the ensuing excitement.

Hopefully they hold off for the weekend on shutting me down. I just called and set up the new domain at pair.com, their "Webmaster" plan (SDSUfans.com uses it). If this site does go down, they'll probably just be removing the main script so I should be able to redirect everybody to the new IP address from bisonville.com or anygivensaturday (updating the domain name is going to have to wait until next week).

lakesbison
11-21-2006, 02:19 AM
Whens the link on the message board on homepage going to click to existing www.400pair.com bla bla addrss? and message board?

I told about 18,999 fans this weekend about bisonville, and i hope they don't get discouraged clicking on that, and getting lost.

p.s SDSU score not up.

any way to link to NEWSPAPER stories on bisoninsider.com with a link on homepage or up here on message board?

thats it... peace!!