PDA

View Full Version : Locked Topics

56BISON73
12-19-2006, 01:05 AM
Was wondering why you dont just delete the topic and posts if you arent going to allow people to talk about it anymore. Just curious. It sure would free up alot of space. LOL PL

NDSUguy
12-19-2006, 01:21 PM
Was wondering why you dont just delete the topic and posts if you arent going to allow people to talk about it anymore. Just curious. It sure would free up alot of space. LOL PL

agreed.

tony
12-19-2006, 01:25 PM
Heck, if a topic is lousy from the first post on, we'd delete it, but often a topic will start off normal and then go downhill. I wasn't aware there were that many locked topics out there. Heck, I haven't locked any in quite a while.

However, if you want to add to a thread but find that it's locked, just start a new thread on the same/similar topic. That will accomplish two things: One, it'll give you a chance to expand on a theme you are interested in and two, it'll push the locked threads off the front page. Hehe, and if you are worried that the Board Gestapo is going to ban you, don't - it takes a lot of bad posts (we're talking hundreds and, in some cases, thousands) to get a person warned - as long as there is no malicious gossip involved, that is.

Edit: I checked the first 20 posts in every forum and only saw one locked post total - that's 240 topics one locked thread. *The exception: Smack. That has a lot of locked threads... I'd gladly delete 90% of those threads (keeping song parodies, of course).

56BISON73
12-19-2006, 10:40 PM
Thanks Tony. PL