PDA

View Full Version : Banned List

imported_admin
08-08-2006, 08:14 AM
UND92 got banned for vile gossip. Others will soon be following if people don't clean up their act. I also deleted the whole thread containing the gossip. Worst. Thread. Ever.

imported_admin
08-08-2006, 09:16 PM
Add gopher to the list - spamming and for being another in a long line of troll-spamming alts.

Dakota* is on deck... I'm probably missing the humor in all the different alts talking to each other.

I've also disabled user registration until further notice. That means new users will have to go through me.

* If you've have no idea what I'm yapping about, count yourself lucky.

imported_admin
02-19-2007, 03:49 AM
Lakesbison = banned for a week.

NDSUFREAK10
02-19-2007, 04:28 AM

MYYYYY OHHHH MYYYY!

TheDoctor
02-19-2007, 01:36 PM

I vote 51 more! ;D

TheDoctor
02-22-2007, 06:02 AM

What a peaceful week it has been without him! :D Keep up the good work Tony! 8-)

Trimmy
02-22-2007, 03:46 PM

What a peaceful week it has been without him! * :D *Keep up the good work Tony! *8-)

++

56BISON73
02-22-2007, 07:32 PM

What a peaceful week it has been without him! * :D *Keep up the good work Tony! *8-)

++

+++++++++++++++

NDSUstudent
02-22-2007, 09:08 PM
I agree things have been better without lakes, I am with B1SON and would support a longer ban. Its nice being able to read a thread without having to read about not playing UND 10 times.

IowaBisonToo
02-23-2007, 02:09 PM
Give the guy a chance. Maybe "sitting in the corner" for a week has changed his tune. Maybe he'll come back a changed man after not being able to vent for a week.

I'd hate to see the damage he's done to his home after reading all the posts and not being able to respond. You have to let that frustration out somehow. :o ;D

Mr._Bill
02-23-2007, 02:13 PM
Yeah, I bashed the guy for his name showing up the Subject line, but I'll take him back. Tone it down bud and I'm good.

NDSUFREAK10
02-23-2007, 09:18 PM
How could he come back with the performance he had earlier this week. 7-0 voting on monday and then guarenteeing that the announcement would come later in the week. In fact, he said on thursday the announcement would be that we got in on a 7-0 vote. sheesh. >:(

IowaBisonToo
02-23-2007, 09:52 PM
How could he come back with the performance he had earlier this week. 7-0 voting on monday and then guarenteeing that the announcement would come later in the week. In fact, he said on thursday the announcement would be that we got in on a 7-0 vote. sheesh. >:(
Some deep-dish humble pie can usually change a guys tone. However, I highly doubt that. If you haven't done so, you should see if you can read some of the stuff over on Bisonsports.net. He has actually calmed down some compared to what he had been on here so maybe he's already learning. ;)

TheDoctor
02-23-2007, 11:59 PM
Some deep-dish humble pie can usually change a guys tone. *However, I highly doubt that. *If you haven't done so, you should see if you can read some of the stuff over on Bisonsports.net. *He has actually calmed down some compared to what he had been on here so maybe he's already learning. ;)

I honestly hope the keep the user name "LakesBison" banned and that he just uses one of the aliases he has already created, but he has to obviously be tamed down so as to not tip anyone off.

56BISON73
02-24-2007, 03:00 AM

Pathological liars dont care about being caught lying or bad predictions. They just move on and keep spewing. PL

TheDoctor
02-25-2007, 04:25 AM

Pathological liars dont care about being caught lying or bad predictions. They just move on and keep spewing. PL

So true. So true.

NDSUFREAK10
02-25-2007, 04:50 AM

So true. So true.

I don't think he would dare come back into the pit of lions that are waiting for him. He has said some "inside" information to me about things that I have just thrown out the window.

TheDoctor
02-25-2007, 09:07 PM

So true. So true.

I don't think he would dare come back into the pit of lions that are waiting for him. He has said some "inside" information to me about things that I have just thrown out the window.

Its been more like a vacation for us then for him. ;D Keep him banned Tony! ;)

TransAmBison
02-25-2007, 09:19 PM

So true. So true.

Its been more like a vacation for us then for him. * ;D * *Keep him banned Tony! *;)
I know I've given him a hard time, and I feel the week ban was a good thing. I think he deserves a chance to prove himself, though. He has a ton of enthusiasm, but may be a bit over the top. If he settles down and quits attacking every thread that he doesn't agree with, I don't have a problem.

99Bison
02-25-2007, 09:44 PM
++++++++++++++

99Bison
02-25-2007, 09:45 PM
gwfc2006 also should get the ban lifted ... to if he's ok now too.

TransAmBison
02-25-2007, 09:53 PM
gwfc2006 also should get the ban lifted ... to if he's ok now too.
Definitely!!

Hammersmith
02-25-2007, 10:43 PM
Lakes should be able to come back in a few hours. 2006gwfcchamps still has 8.5 days left on his time-out. (of course Tony has the only opinion that counts)

NDSUFREAK10
02-25-2007, 11:24 PM
woah woah woah! What did I miss? why and when was gwfcchamps06 banned?

Hammersmith
02-25-2007, 11:43 PM
He kinda lost it after the Gateway meeting. Check out Don't cave in to SIU! (http://www400.pair.com/bisonvil/cgi-bin/yabb2/YaBB.pl?num=1171991546) but don't let any children look over your shoulder when you do. The two week ban occurs halfway down the first page.

BTW, is anyone else convinced that 2006gwfcchamps is MplsBison using a different screenname? They have the same posting style, they are on at the same time(2006 here and Mpls at SS and AGS), and they both lost it over SIU. If that's true it would be kinda funny since MplsBison was voted "Most Annoying Poster, 2006" over at AnyGivenSaturday.

thebluehatman
02-25-2007, 11:51 PM
He kinda lost it after the Gateway meeting. Check out Don't cave in to SIU! (http://www400.pair.com/bisonvil/cgi-bin/yabb2/YaBB.pl?num=1171991546) but don't let any children look over your shoulder when you do. The two week ban occurs halfway down the first page.

BTW, is anyone else convinced that 2006gwfcchamps is MplsBison using a different screenname? They have the same posting style, they are on at the same time(2006 here and Mpls at SS and AGS), and they both lost it over SIU. If that's true it would be kinda funny since MplsBison was voted "Most Annoying Poster, 2006" over at AnyGivenSaturday.
He hasn't been seen on the rabbit board for almost 20 days now. http://www.sdsufans.com/cgi-bin/yabb2/YaBB.pl?num=1169407608/32#32 Was the last time he was seen on our board. Thankfully we've been kept clear of the idiots that have frequented the blogs and your site to a degree....But we still have our resident idiots from UNO on our board. Oh well you can't fix a moron.

NDSUFREAK10
02-26-2007, 12:11 AM

Wow, I must have missed that thread. geez, I have never seen him post like that....

NDSUstudent
02-26-2007, 12:53 AM
Lakes already is posting under 2 IDs here so his ban should be forever, the name lakesbison will probably just draw in idiots like like lakesliar anyway. As for GWFC, he should just be banned forever he has had enough chances as Bisonfan1234, MplsBison and whatever else he called himself.

imported_admin
02-26-2007, 01:41 PM
The ban is off lakesbison but, as usual, the same behavior that caused the first ban restarts, a longer ban will be enforced. GWFC still has a week to go. The last tirade from him was so unusual that I wondered if somebody hijacked his account or something.

99Bison
02-26-2007, 08:21 PM
Lakes already is posting under 2 IDs here so his ban should be forever, the name lakesbison will probably just draw in idiots like like lakesliar anyway. As for GWFC, he should just be banned forever he has had enough chances as Bisonfan1234, MplsBison and whatever else he called himself.

lakes is NOT 1234

lakesbison
02-27-2007, 03:36 AM
back again, shady's back tell a friend!!

guess who's back... guess who's back guess who's back!!!!!!!!1

slim Shady!!

wow, people really get irrated easily!!!! ha ha.

I missed you punk's!!! I only created a name (lakerbison) so I could PM Bisonville Deputy, tony.

it was the only way!! SORRY!!!

SEE YOU ON THE FLIP SIDE!!!

at least I got a mention on Hallstrom's blog!!! ha ha

imported_admin
02-27-2007, 08:03 AM
And you are banned again (for the thread that I've deleted).

If you are allowed back, you are going to have to clean up the language and contribute to discussions. If not, there are plenty of other places to post.

IowaBisonToo
02-27-2007, 01:54 PM
That was quick! :o :o :o :o :o :o :o ;D

56BISON73
02-27-2007, 02:43 PM

If you are allowed back, you are going to have to clean up the language and contribute to discussions. If not, there are plenty of other places to post.

Well done. PL

sambini
02-27-2007, 10:34 PM
MY oh my that didn't last long.

lonelygriz
02-27-2007, 10:52 PM
MY oh my that didn't last long.
I tell you what men!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Shawn-O
02-28-2007, 01:48 AM
He clicked on the posting guide and chose to disregard the advice.....very unfortunate.

http://www.albinoblacksheep.com/flash/posting.php

NDSUFREAK10
02-28-2007, 01:58 AM
He clicked on the posting guide and chose to disregard the advice.....very unfortunate. *

http://www.albinoblacksheep.com/flash/posting.php

;D ;D great.

sambini
02-28-2007, 03:05 AM
++++++++

TheDoctor
02-28-2007, 07:50 PM

+++++++++++++++++++ Keep it up! I heard through the grape vine that he threatened Tony to lift his ban or he was going to the other board and taking some big posters from here with him. To that I say, "Don't let the door hit you in the &*# on the way out!" ;)

mikelsch
02-28-2007, 09:06 PM

+++++++++++++++++++ Keep it up! *I heard through the grape vine that he threatened Tony to lift his ban or he was going to the other board and taking some big posters from here with him. *To that I say, "Don't let the door hit you in the &*# on the way out!" *;)

Would be nice to see Lakes go to the "other" Bison board, and stay there

TheDoctor
03-02-2007, 07:19 AM

+++++++++++++++++++ Keep it up! *I heard through the grape vine that he threatened Tony to lift his ban or he was going to the other board and taking some big posters from here with him. *To that I say, "Don't let the door hit you in the &*# on the way out!" *;)

Would be nice to see Lakes go to the "other" Bison board, and stay there

+++++++++++ ;)

56BISON73
03-02-2007, 02:28 PM

If some would follow him who cares. Geez that guy is delusional. He PMd me over at the other site and basically said I was stalking him and alot of other rambling nonsencical bs. That boy needs professsional help. PL :-?

NDSUFREAK10
03-02-2007, 03:47 PM

If some would follow him who cares. Geez that guy is delusional. He PMd me over at the other site and basically said *I was stalking him and alot of other rambling nonsencical bs. That boy needs professsional help. PL *:-?

He is now on AGS and on the GWFC thread.....little conversation where it is 3 against me about how I was some of the people on the BMB that were smearing lakes and I was one of the reasons of the comments being enabled. Well, what can I say since I always post like that alllwayssss ::)

IowaBison
03-02-2007, 08:51 PM
that crap on AGS is bad.

NDSUFREAK10
03-02-2007, 11:01 PM
that crap on AGS is bad.

Everything or what...??

DenverBison05
03-03-2007, 01:54 AM
He is now on AGS and on the GWFC thread.....little conversation where it is 3 against me about how I was some of the people on the BMB that were smearing lakes and I was one of the reasons of the comments being enabled. Well, what can I say since I always post like that alllwayssss *::)
No, all I said was that your post was starting down the same road that the posters on BMB were taking, and I stand by that statement. I never accused you of being one of those posters. ::)

NDSUFREAK10
03-03-2007, 04:57 AM
He is now on AGS and on the GWFC thread.....little conversation where it is 3 against me about how I was some of the people on the BMB that were smearing lakes and I was one of the reasons of the comments being enabled. Well, what can I say since I always post like that alllwayssss *::)
No, all I said was that your post was starting down the same road that the posters on BMB were taking, and I stand by that statement. I never accused you of being one of those posters. ::)

DENVER?! You little crazy nut you tricked me! I was thinking through that entire time that you weren't a poster on here! You sly dog, bison05. ;) ;)

DenverBison05
03-03-2007, 05:09 AM

DENVER?! You little crazy nut you tricked me! I was thinking through that entire time that you weren't a poster on here! You sly dog, bison05. ;) ;)

Yeah I think I was a little drunk when I registered on AGS, because I dont know why I didn't have denver as part of my user name. :D

sambini
03-03-2007, 02:06 PM
What is AGS?

IowaBisonToo
03-03-2007, 02:22 PM
What is *AGS?
The message board over on AnyGivenSaturday - kind of a FCS fan site.

sambini
03-03-2007, 09:22 PM
THANKS GOT TO CHECK IT OUT.

NDSUFREAK10
03-03-2007, 09:51 PM

http://www.anygivensaturday.com/forum/

TheDoctor
03-04-2007, 04:20 AM

Someone stole my user name! >:(

NDSUFREAK10
03-04-2007, 04:23 AM

Someone stole my user name! *>:(

hmmmm....are you sure you cant get in with B1SON?

lakesbison
03-06-2007, 11:42 PM
thanks for all the kind words on here about moi.

I really do appreciate the love!!

*over and out*

56BISON73
03-07-2007, 04:01 PM
thanks for all the kind words on here about moi.

I really do appreciate the love!!

*over and out*

29 years old and still cant figure out what the problem is. Geez. Get a clue. :o PL

lakesbison
03-07-2007, 04:08 PM
Get a clue. PL

^ My clue is to IGNORE you.. You proved enough with your PM to me.

lakesbison is taking the high road.

this concludes any more reaction to your posts.. *over and out*

56BISON73
03-07-2007, 05:02 PM
Get a clue. * *PL

^ My clue is to IGNORE you.. You proved enough with your PM to me.

lakesbison is taking the high road.

this concludes any more reaction to your posts.. **over and out*

You are taking the high road??? Good for you as that is a first. Keep up the good work!! ::) ::) PL

56BISON73
03-10-2007, 08:13 PM
Tony
How long is Lakes going to be allowed to run amuck attacking those he doesnt agree with?
This forum was much better off without him. Trans Am posted about this on another thread.
May be an ignore feature might be in order. What ever it takes as most people here try and get along but Lakes just cant help but being obnoxious on a more than regular basis and its getting real old. PL

lakesbison
03-11-2007, 08:09 AM
blah blah blah.. everyone knows your agenda here. PL.

u want me to post that nice PM you sent me??

oh...... didnt think so!

get over it.. my god

TheDoctor
03-11-2007, 09:05 AM
Tony
How long is Lakes going to be allowed to run amuck attacking those he doesnt agree with?
This forum was much better off without him. Trans Am posted about this on another thread.
May be an ignore feature might be in order. What ever it takes as most people here try and get along but Lakes just cant help but being obnoxious on a more than regular basis and its getting real old. PL

:D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

TheDoctor
03-11-2007, 09:08 AM
blah blah blah.. everyone knows your agenda here. *PL.

oh...... didnt think so!

get over it.. my god

Or the PM you sent me cussing me out for calling you by your name???? *Can't take accountability for your words Lakes?? *Well don't worry about me! *I won't call anyone by their name on here. *I am a good American. *God Bless America and In Uncle LAKES I trust. *;)

;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

56BISON73
03-11-2007, 04:12 PM

oh...... didnt think so!

get over it.. my god

He ya moron you seem to forget about the PM you sent me first. I just responded in kind.
You should actually go back and re-read it as it is again apparently true.

I dont care if you post my PM. Iam sure many here will agree with it.

But while you are at it Mr Wizard "what is my agenda"? This should be interesting. ;D * PL

56BISON73
03-11-2007, 04:18 PM

oh...... didnt think so!

get over it.. my god

Or the PM you sent me cussing me out for calling you by your name???? *Can't take accountability for your words Lakes?? *Well don't worry about me! *I won't call anyone by their name on here. *I am a good American. *God Bless America and In Uncle SAM I trust. *;)

;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

You can call me by my name. I dont have a problem with it. Ive already posted my website.
But you see not many people like Lakes so he cant afford people knowing who he is. The internet is a wonderful thing but one of the very sad things is people who hide behind their computer so they arent held accountable for their actions. Their are names for those of that ilk but I will leave you to choose your own. PL

ps How long are the authorities going to let the man child run around unattended???

IowaBison
03-15-2007, 08:21 PM
But while you are at it Mr Wizard "what is my agenda"? This should be interesting. ;D PL

You're not part of a vast Buffalo Wing conspiracy?

56BISON73
03-15-2007, 08:50 PM
But while you are at it Mr Wizard "what is my agenda"? This should be interesting. ;D * PL

Does it really show that much. ;)
Of course my agenda is is is is is heck I dont know. Guess Ill have to ask Lakes because he says he knows. As a matter of fact he says everbody knows. So everybody can you help me out here???? ;D PL

IowaBison
03-15-2007, 09:29 PM
But while you are at it Mr Wizard "what is my agenda"? This should be interesting. ;D PL

Anybody interested in buying a t-shirt that says, "Member of a Vast Buffalo Wing Conspiracy since 2004"? :)

56BISON73
03-15-2007, 10:16 PM

Anybody interested in buying a t-shirt that says, "Member of a Vast Buffalo Wing Conspiracy since 2004"? * :)

If thats my agenda count me in!!!!! ;D ;D PL

sambini
03-16-2007, 04:42 AM
Sounds cool I'm IN.

TheDoctor
03-20-2007, 03:24 AM
Me 2! ;)

PSUVikings
04-22-2007, 04:29 PM
what the heck, a banned list thread? This is the first I have ever seen of it or anything like it. If I ban someone at my site http://www.psufansforum.com/index.htm I ban them and let them know why, not hang them up in a thread so everyone can laugh about how he/she is banned. JMHO

CarringtonBison
02-08-2008, 03:41 AM
Bringing an old thread up. When was the last time someone was banned?? I personally cant remember.

I think that name calling, telling people to f off and personal challenges to fight are fairly childish. Yeah, you may be a bigger "man" than some, but wanting to fight (physically) over ideas/opinions on a message board is just silly.

We don't all have to like each other, but remember we aren't the only ones who grace this site. Whether you think so or not, outsiders come to this site and will judge not just us, but also NDSU on what is said/done here. Try and represent our university a little better. Again, this is not directed at one person. It seems lately that some things have gotten a bit out of hand.

Can't we all just agree to disagree??

I am not advocating someone be banned, but in the past people were banned (even temporarily) for much less that what is being flung around now.

UTH
02-08-2008, 04:48 AM
Bringing an old thread up. When was the last time someone was banned?? I personally cant remember.

I think that name calling, telling people to f off and personal challenges to fight are fairly childish. Yeah, you may be a bigger "man" than some, but wanting to fight (physically) over ideas/opinions on a message board is just silly.

We don't all have to like each other, but remember we aren't the only ones who grace this site. Whether you think so or not, outsiders come to this site and will judge not just us, but also NDSU on what is said/done here. Try and represent our university a little better. Again, this is not directed at one person. It seems lately that some things have gotten a bit out of hand.

Can't we all just agree to disagree??

I am not advocating someone be banned, but in the past people were banned (even temporarily) for much less that what is being flung around now.

My nomination for post of the day.

This post, IMHO, is exactly right on (except for the call for everyone to agree to disagree). This has been a good forum for healthy debate and there is a departure from that in one thread. There are invitations to 'f off' and for fisticuffs. They are inappropriate statements and I would like to believe that the person who posted them has regrets concerning them. There are other posts that may have served to provoke the reaction above.

Here's a little tip - when disagreeing with a post, read through that post and look at how many times it contains the word "you". What is the actual target of the response - the other poster's argument or the other person himself? Unfairly putting words in another's mouth and making unfair characterizations are just plain unfair and will sometimes ellicit over-the-top knee-jerk reactions.

Be Excellent to Each Other

http://i241.photobucket.com/albums/ff311/indio_rojas/BillTedBeExcellenttoeachother.jpg
Party on, dudes

*i don't support any banning, either.

admin
02-08-2008, 09:08 AM
Good Lord, what possessed you to dredge up this thread? Thanks for bringing back some bad memories of what I consider the low point of the board. Maybe three of you could get together and post forty times a day about UND and hijack every thread on the board while doing so. That would complete the moment for me. :)

Anyway, we don't ban folks anymore, we suspend accounts. Er, with the exception of the poster behind MplsBison - if we detect one of his alts (by posting style), we ban that account fairly quickly.

FWIW, the last account suspended was PantherHawk. Before that, it was one of the buffalobill alts. In fact, those are the only user accounts on the banned list right now.

Now that there are more admins, we try to deal with stuff by removing posts, moving threads to where they belong, etc. There are more tools available than the ban stick.

Maybe one of SDBison's recent posts is a good example of a missed opportunity. If one of us had edited for removed that one post, we wouldn't have the "drama fallout" that has ensued and spilled over to other thread.

Sure, it'd be great if more posters could disagree and still retain some good humor, but being able to handle disagreement without getting angry at the people who are so incredibly obtuse and possibly morally weak that they see things differently takes a lot of practice. Probably a good skill to develop though. Personally, the Angry Elf has no interest in developing that skill - I'm writing a book called "How to Win Friends and Influence People Through Biting Saracasm."

lakesbison
02-08-2008, 01:18 PM
i was banned at least 3 times.. dam YOU!!
ha ha

X-Factor
02-09-2008, 10:04 PM
Personally, the Angry Elf has no interest in developing that skill - I'm writing a book called "How to Win Friends and Influence People Through Biting Saracasm."

How about writing a book for some of the more computer illiterate folk on how to use the www.bisonville.com spell checker? ;) I kid I kid!!