PDA

View Full Version : Disabling guest access

imported_admin
04-13-2007, 01:27 PM
I've taken short-term measures to see if I can keep this board limping along while I get the new board set up (actually setting up the new board is easy - it's just that there is no real conversion for it).

Actually the only thing I did was disable guest access. In the meantime, please don't do a lot of searches... even last 10 posts is a resource hog.

Trainer
04-13-2007, 01:45 PM
Welcome back, Tony... Must have had a couple dozen emails wondering what was going on.

tony
04-13-2007, 02:10 PM
I really need to do a better job of letting you guys know what is going on. Feel free to email me if this kind of thing happens again.

imported_admin
04-14-2007, 08:59 PM
BTW, making people log in to view the board is a temporary deal. I only did it to cut down on the server load (which has gotten pretty large).

When the new board is going, we'll go back to where you don't have to log in to view posts - it's just searches and stuff that will require that.

Bob_Entzion
04-14-2007, 09:33 PM
I've been lurking ever since I found this board, but you finally forced me to register. I was a little afraid of the reaction I would get on here....

Wacker_in_the_Hall
04-15-2007, 02:15 AM
I've been lurking ever since I found this board, but you finally forced me to register. *I was a little afraid of the reaction I would get on here....

Classless---not funny

TheDoctor
04-15-2007, 05:52 AM
I've been lurking ever since I found this board, but you finally forced me to register. *I was a little afraid of the reaction I would get on here....

:o "MY OH MY....." - Scotty Miller :o

Herd80
04-16-2007, 04:49 PM
Rather than "lurking", I've enjoyed keeping up with Bison sports on the board for quite a while. The disabling forced me to do the sign up....guess that says something for the content (minus anything related to Lakes). Nice job administrators and most of the folks posting here. Go Bison!

lakesbison
04-22-2007, 07:24 PM
WHOA.. A SHOT ON THE 1ST POST?

cmon phil hansen aka.. Herd80... DUH!

... you can do better than that!!

secondly TONY, my cell phone used to be able to pull up the link for last 10 responses, now It wont allow me to login on my cell phone.. did you trip a wire puttin this new stuff up? will I ever get it back to the way it was??

tony
04-22-2007, 07:49 PM
It wouldn't surprise me if I screwed this board up.

With any luck, we'll be switched over the new software tomorrow.