PDA

View Full Version : Big Weekend for Bison Hoops

BisonMav
02-27-2003, 02:49 PM
The Bison men need two wins, starting tonight with St Cloud St. *That would probably put the Bison in third place in the conference with a 11-5 record and 21-8 overall. *That means the SUE would be 19-8 overall. *Hopefully good enough for the playoffs after the NCC tourney. *Miles has done a good job. *It does not hurt have a Denver TenBroek on your team either. *The Women also need two wins to assure third place.

GO BISON

siouxrock
02-27-2003, 07:04 PM
u no what i hate
the bison playing a church college

BisonMav
02-28-2003, 12:33 PM
After the St Cloud loss last night, the SUE game will even be more important. A win for the Bison probably means a three way tie for third with UND and USD. Unless USD is surprised. We should get the tie-breaker with a sweep of UND and USD this year.

JBB
02-28-2003, 05:37 PM
Both games were very exciting. The internet delivered them without a hitch! Too bad about the men's loss. I have 4 tickets and will be in the arena when the hated susans take to the floor. Go BISON!!!

BisonMav
03-01-2003, 11:05 AM
Mild surprise Augustana beating USD. Now a victory over the SUE would give the Bison a two way tie for third. Bison would have the tie-breaker with a sweep over the SUE. That would be great.

JBB
03-01-2003, 04:39 PM
It's all there for the Herd! Its going to be exciting. I hope Tenbrock (sp) has a great finalie.

NDSU_grad
03-02-2003, 12:46 AM
Great article in the Forum today about Tenbroek and his family. This guy has been a class act ever since he set foot in Fargo, and I think NDSU should waive the 15 year wait for the Bison Hall of Fame and get him in right now. What would Bison basketball have been the past four years without him. If the game's on the line tonight and he has the ball, I have no worries.

BisonMav
03-02-2003, 05:16 AM
Looks like a split. Couple of overtime barn-burners. *Bison Women should get the third seed, after they came from 17 down to win in OT. *Larger margin of victory, head to head. *

Men probably fourth seed after losing in OT, USD lost both games this weekend.

JBB
03-03-2003, 12:32 PM
The BSA was packed, It was rowdy too. *The only thing I noticed, besides two great basketball games between equally matched teams, was a lot of Sue suck and Sue suck *&!# *cheering going on. *Along with "Air ball" and some great cheerleading from a very athletic bunch it got loud in there. *

You hate to comment about the officiating, but it was refreshing when the one guy got overruled on a terrible out of bounds call. *The men's game got late because of the women's OT, but that game was played at a much slower pace too. *I don't think regulation was over at 8. *Some fans had to leave the men's game and that took away from the intensity a bit.

Apparently it did get a little out of control, but it would be very nice if the sue coaching staff would stop interacting with the crowd. *They really need to develop a more mature and sophisticated game persona. *On the other hand, the crowd should keep it focused on the game. *

I think Taylors reaction is very level headed. *He may be able to improve the situation by some type of reorganization and that is good. *

On the other hand he is not elevating this into a crisis. *Any time opposing players or coaches begin to interact with a rowdy crowd there is going to be trouble. *If they were having the types of problems that led to verbal assaults and physical confrontation they should call for security, but many of these assistants are no older than the students and that leads to escalation.

BisonMav
03-05-2003, 12:26 PM
Both Bison teams won, YES! 20 wins may get the men into the regional. The men get St Cloud for the third time, maybe this time. Women get SDSU, will be tough.

JBB
03-05-2003, 10:42 PM
I think the game at SCSU is going to be good and I think Im going. Downtown ST Cloud is a great place to party. They have MCs Dugout (good bar food), the bar in the basement of the Carpet, DB Searls (food avg), McRuddys (great Irish pub with OK food)...all good for before/after, and dont forget the Green Mill. Upscale hit the Radison. all of these places are very convenient to Campus.