PDA

View Full Version : FargoDome for Basketball

Charger
05-13-2003, 03:26 PM
I was looking on the Fargo Dome web site, and in one of the seating charts it looks like the one end section of bleachers are moveable. If this is the case, has basketball ever been played in the Dome. I would think, with a few minor changes, NDSU could play their bigger basketball games their, and it would probably hold around 10,000 people. I was just curious and thought I would throw that out there.

JBB
05-13-2003, 05:17 PM
The Fabulous Fargo Dome has been the host site for the Class B high school basketball tournament. One of the pro teams Fargo has had used to play there as well. I dont believe NDSU has ever hosted a game there. It does make a great BB venue and your idea is a good one expecially if our DI schedule holds a couple of future surprises.

tony
05-13-2003, 07:02 PM
NDSU played UND there once - at least the women's team did.

NDSU_grad
05-13-2003, 07:27 PM
I watched the Class B tournament there one year and I thought the place just did not have a good atmosphere. Maybe if they arranged it a little different or something it would. But I would also surmise it would be very expensive to play basketball there. The changeouts between events would be very expensive and basketball would probably preclude things like ag shows, boat shows, and some of the other events that take place in the Fargodome during the winter.

Charger
05-20-2003, 08:54 AM
I also noticed that the F-M Beez played their games at the Fargo Civic Center. Is that much of an arena for basketball? I've never been there or heard anything about it, but I'm guessing it's not that great since is has never been mentioned in the past.

BisonMav
05-20-2003, 07:04 PM
The Fargo Civic Center is small, maybe seats around 3,000 fans. Location is not very good either, being downtown, no easy access.