PDA

View Full Version : Scholarship Situation

NDSBISON04
07-08-2003, 11:19 PM
How many scholarships did NDSU have available to give out?? I know with Tenbroek the only person leaving how many players can be on the roster?? The reason I ask this is because I only know that High Major Division I Schools have a certain scholarship limit and I wonder since NDSU signed: Scott Thesis, David Erbes, Myron Green, Aaron Green, Andrew Brown, how many can they have at one time. they lost 4(3 left the team) and now they gained 5. I thought the limit was 12 scholarship players for colleges??

mojobison
07-08-2003, 11:41 PM
NDSU has four other players not returning: Travis Kraft, Shawn Gabbert, Tyrone Terry and Jason Smith.

NDSBISON04
07-08-2003, 11:44 PM
How many scholarships can they give??

SDSUFAN
07-09-2003, 02:45 AM
NDSBISON4:

Do you ever run out of questions? I believe for D2 the maximun for Men's basketball is 13. This is what Carr stated in their reportt, and that is the maximun that can receive financial aid, but some of the 13 could be split just as they do in Football I suppose. According to the SDSU's Carr repont only 9.5 was funded in 2001 which is a little hard to understand, except I believe they had as many as 5 walk ons, and some of them probably got nothing.

NDSBISON04
07-09-2003, 03:18 AM
NDSBISON4:

Do you ever run out of questions?

Just trying keep the board going, but yea u are right i should lighten up a bit. I look forward to watching NDSU and SDSU in their D1 days down the road. Good luck to u guys.

NDSBISON04
07-10-2003, 06:52 AM
Miles did a nice job of filling the guys he lost. Looking at the scholarships, he basically replaced the guys he lost.

Myron Green-an extra guy in the backcourt, now this should be loaded. Foul trouble shouldn't be a concern.
Aaron Green-this guy is more of a swingman. Is more or less gonna fill in Gabbert's slot. Plus should be a good weapon inside out.
David Erbes-The guy was awesome at NDSCS. Had phenomonal stats in high school(like 23 ppg and 18rpg). That success continued at NDSCS. Should more or less try to fill for Tenbroek.Look for some big things here.
Scott Theis-At about 6'7" 220 lb. He should see some playing time early and in his mid-college years. Probably the understudy to Erbes. Will really help fillout spots if they need a banger. Will help out with John Banks and possibly Pat Miller. Should see him make noise junior and senior years.
Andrew Brown-(prospect scholarship)To me, Mile was probably looking at this 5th scholarship, as a guy who he feels needs to work on certain skills before impacting and Miles is willing to work with. This is possibly the scholarship where Miles was asking a lot guys from high school to redshirt for. Brown to me in high school was probably seen from the standpoint with good size and physical potential. I think Miles was looking either way with maybe another guard or even a big forward, and most likely was looking for some extra size. They have 5 guards and about 7 forward, and Miles probably wants 3-4 players to help out down low. He could also develop a guard with this scholarship after Nemmers and Cofield leave as an understory to the starting backcourt, but he got a commitment from Brown so he got more help down low.

Feel free to give any agreements/disagreements

Post your comments and i would be glad to hear what this board things.

SDSUFAN
07-10-2003, 11:59 AM
NDSBISON04:

Hey that was a great analysis of the NDSU Recruits, and you probably are very much on target. The comment you made is about Myron Green.

"Myron Green-an extra guy in the backcourt, now this should be loaded. Foul trouble shouldn't be a concern"

Scott Nagy, a former Delta State guard in the mid 1980's often mentions in his post game, that he can tell when the game is going his way by the legs of the guards. If the guards have no more strength in their legs they literally hand you the game on a plater by lack of intense concentration. This may be Miles reason for recruiting Green is so that the backcourt players can hold up for 40 minutes or more. The foul trouble explanation is equally valid so dont have any quibble there with you on that point.

Dont get me wrong about my comment about questions. I to enjoy basketball and love your questions, but sometimes I dont know if you are pulling my chain. Especially, when you come back saying you knew the answer. I guess I am a little puzzled about that, but no problem.

NDSBISON04
07-10-2003, 05:51 PM
SDSU FAN, SDSU had a great backcourt last year.I believe they had Stoebner, Richardson, and Hansen(sp). Those three wore out a lot of teams because when I saw them play NDSU they looked to overmatch the backcourt of because NDSU didn't have as much depth. Nagy probably has that philosophy where guard play sets the tone. I know u were talking about opposing teams having guards who could have foul trouble and tired legs. SDSU uses three guards pretty effectively and this can be seen. SDSU spreads their offense well from what I saw and ran the floor really well.

As for trying to pull your chain, SDSU Fan I definitely was not trying to do that. The question I asked and then I later said I knew the answer was the fact that there was certain part of redshirting i knew. I had no idea how it connected to financial situations because I have heard of so many different situations. I wasn't trying to play any games with u, and I think u realize that. No worries here and I appreciate u answering my various questions. I think u have been around d2 basketall for a while and it sounds like u have a good grasp on the game.