PDA

View Full Version : Bravo Mr. Devine, Bravo

Herd_Mentality
01-28-2004, 03:51 PM
If you haven't read it yet...

http://www.in-forum.com/articles/index.cfm?id=48951

WYOBISONMAN
01-28-2004, 07:04 PM
A great editorial. Fargo needs to get is sh*t together and support NDSU's efforts to relocate football to the Fargodome.

tony
01-28-2004, 08:23 PM
Good editorial. I don't understand the reference to UND. If he has to mention them, mention that Grand Forks gives UND money every year and that they bent over backwards to welcome UND to the Alerus Center.

The City of Fargo has always acted like NDSU is more of a nuisance than an asset. First, they put in the crappy turf with no NDSU logo on it. Then, their security views it's job as keeping people from getting rambunctious. Then there's the whole tailgating fiasco.

All NDSU has done for the City of Fargo is get the FargoDome built, give Fargo the land for $1/year, and provide a big chunk of revenue. Oh yeah, doesn't NDSU also heat the darn thing.

What did NDSU get in return: a crap field with no logo, a bunch of whining, a tailgating fiasco, no hockey arena, a game atmosphere like a prison after lockdown, and a flood that did millions of dollars of damage to the University.

Of course, since NDSU never did get the hockey arena, I'd say the argeement with Fargo is null and void. Charge the city fair market value for the land and use the proceeds to fund an outdoor stadium :)

Bisonguy
01-28-2004, 10:35 PM
Here's the link to Cosgriff's email if you want to write him.
http://www.ci.fargo.nd.us/Commission/Cosgriff.htm

Please keep it civil, we don't need to ruffle feathers, just voice opinions that he is wrong. ;D

NDSU_grad
01-28-2004, 10:59 PM
Tony, I was thinking the same thing. I don't know what fair market value for commercial land like that would be, but I would guess it's more than 1$ a year. I say screw the city. Somebody on here said they had heard we had a potential donor lined up to fund the new lockerrooms. Start the refurbishment of Dacotah Field with a brand new lockerroom, then add a football-only weight room, put a bubble over it and we have a great indoor practice facility. ( I don't know if the plans for the BSA call for infringing on the land that is now Dacotah Field).

Bisonguy
01-28-2004, 11:02 PM
I believe that the current BSA expansion plans will be moving onto Dacotah Field turf (literally ;)). Irv Inninger stated that there was a donor willing to pay for the lockerrooms on the KVLY news, when he was being interviewed about the finance committee's decision.

met1990
02-01-2004, 06:39 AM
The last time I talked with Gene Taylor the proposed plans for the Bison Sports Arena expansion would take over roughly 1/3 of Dacotah Field. However, there have been plans for renovating the BSA at least since I started going to school at SU in 99. I'm interested in seeing when they actual move on it.