PDA

View Full Version : Women's Wrestling

IowaBison
08-18-2004, 04:09 PM
Since I posted once on wrestling, I might as well do it again.

I've been thinking that NDSU should add women's wrestling. *I came up with this brilliant idea when the Cadet Natls, which now have separate girls divisions, were in town a few weeks ago.

The startup cost is nil, it would be a great sport to add some female scholies, we would be instantly competitive as there are less than twenty teams currently, we could try to recuit the US Olympic coach, one of the Steiners originally from Bismarck, *travel costs would be minimal with 4 maybe 5 trips including post season tourneys. *With the summer cadet natls tournament in town, we can scout out the best girls in the country, who will have probably been to Fargo 4 or more times in their life.

Scholies aren't necessary early on, as most women just want to compete after high school. *

I think for $100,000 we'd be in a better position than any other program in the country, establishing ourselves sooner rather than later. *Even $50,000 a year would be a fair start.

*The NCAA does not currently sponsor women's wrestling, but certainly will within the next 10 years.