PDA

View Full Version : UNI coming to the BSA in wrestling

somebison
08-24-2004, 03:42 AM
http://www.unipanthers.com/athletics/story.asp?storyId=2237

they are also heading to brookings the following day. If NDSU is competing in the UNI open- I may have to make the trip to Cedar Falls

somebison
08-24-2004, 03:43 AM
also note that UNI has Iowa and Ok St at home in wrestling. OK st won Nationals and Iowa is Iowa- looking forward to seeing some teams such as these in Fargo ;D

Bisonguy
08-24-2004, 03:47 AM
Isn't UNI part of the proposed wrestling conference with NDSU?

TheBisonator
08-24-2004, 03:58 AM
Yeah, how's the formation of that conference going? Any new word??

somebison
08-24-2004, 02:35 PM
Yeah, how's the formation of that conference going? Any new word??

UNI would be part of the proposed conference- from what I hear the coaches etc are focusing their energy on getting the probation period reduced for athletes in individual sports

IowaBison
08-25-2004, 04:44 PM
for those of you who aren't wrestling fans, UNI coming here is great, but should be no big surprise

duals are not hard to arrange with established schools, i wouldn't be surprised at all if iowa, iowa state, minnesota or oklahoma state didn't make their way to fargo in the next ten years

NDSU_grad
08-25-2004, 08:26 PM
for those of you who aren't wrestling fans, UNI coming here is great, but should be no big surprise

duals are not hard to arrange with established schools, *i wouldn't be surprised at all if iowa, iowa state, minnesota or oklahoma state didn't make their way to fargo in the next ten years

I watched Nebraska (Lincoln, not Omaha) in the BSA sometime in the late 90's. The Bison only lost the dual by 6 points too.

roadwarrior
08-25-2004, 11:26 PM
I believe Iowa and Minnesota have also had dual meets against the BISON at the BSA.