PDA

View Full Version : Big money for NDSU

somebison
07-16-2004, 05:23 PM
Defense bill has funds for NDSU, Fargo companies (http://www.in-forum.com/articles/index.cfm?id=64482&section=News)

Bison_Dan
07-16-2004, 06:00 PM
Great news - now compare what the gf Herald has to say on this. They're saying 32 million for gf. 6 million for und and 32 million for gf airbase. The city of gf will never see that 32 million. All materials and most all contracts are not awarded to gf companies. I think Dorgan puts in a little money for gf so they won't feel bad. When it comes to cutting edge technology/private business relationships und is behind the curve. ;D ;D

WYOBISONMAN
07-16-2004, 06:04 PM
Who is UND? Aren't they some D2 school?? ;D :D ;D :D ;D :D

TheBisonator
07-16-2004, 07:15 PM
I can honestly say I've never heard of them. :o

BisonMav
07-16-2004, 07:49 PM
Who is UND? *Aren't they some D2 school?? ;D :D ;D :D ;D :D

Do you mean und* ?

Herd_Mentality
07-16-2004, 07:56 PM
http://myweb.cableone.net/gsweeney/Pictures/Other/Plate.jpg

Tatanka
07-16-2004, 10:12 PM
Do you mean und* ?

They must mean that "larger" engineering school to the north with the tin quonset for a football stadium in the town that our tax money built. Yep, that's und*

http://myweb.cableone.net/gsweeney/Pictures/Other/Plate.jpg
Beautiful. Brings a tear to Tatanka's eye. :D

JBB
08-10-2004, 01:26 AM
Interesting thread, I just found it.

I dont know who und is? *Never heard of them.

On the other hand und* is a small division 2 school in northern North Dakota. Pretty good football teams from time-to-time, at least for DII. *They play Bismark St. Marys and Crookston, or something like that. *

I think they played St. Johns a few years ago. *That must have been exciting for those und* guys!!!! *They traveled over 300 miles round trip by Greyhound Bus!!!! *

SKYdreamzzz
08-15-2004, 08:52 AM
uhhh..what part of this did I miss??

UND - $113 MILLION DOLLARS for a STATE OF THE ART and WORLD CLASS athletic complex (The Ralph and the Betty) from ONE ALUMNI!!!

NDSU - scraping for pennies to make the transition to DIVISION ONE (aa) and NO TAKERS for the naming rights to the "BARN" (and very few takers for the LUXURY SUITES at the "barn"!!! You jerks sell those retrofitted lemons yet?? Guess you should have built the place RIGHT the first time...:-)

SKYdreamzzz
08-15-2004, 08:56 AM
[quote author=JBB link=board=misc;num=1089995033;start=0#7 date=08/09/04 at 19:26:34]a small division 2 school in northern North Dakota. Pretty good football teams from time-to-time, at least for DII.{/quote]

I THINK this is what NDSU called their CLAIM TO FAME in the '80's...but what have you done since? and now that you're DIVISION ONE (aa)...you've got a lot to prove...get out of the '80's you jerks!! You haven't done anything since and WON'T do anything for ANOTHER DECADE!! That's 30 YEARS between claims to DOMINANCE!!! and not really a dominant force at ALL! Take a breath and realize you're not that special....and do us ALL a favor...

BisonMav
08-15-2004, 02:50 PM
*That's 30 YEARS between claims to DOMINANCE!!! *and not really a dominant force at ALL! *Take a breath and realize you're not that special....and do us ALL a favor...
Last 25 years NDSU has won 5 DII football titles. *
And a winning record agains und* overall in DII football.

In last 110 years und* has won 1 football title.

Bison_Dan
08-15-2004, 03:42 PM
uhhh..what part of this did I miss?? *

UND - $113 MILLION DOLLARS for a STATE OF THE ART and WORLD CLASS athletic complex (The Ralph and the Betty) from ONE ALUMNI!!!

NDSU - scraping for pennies to make the transition to DIVISION ONE (aa) and NO TAKERS for the naming rights to the "BARN" (and very few takers for the LUXURY SUITES at the "barn"!!! *You jerks sell those retrofitted lemons yet?? *Guess you should have built the place RIGHT the first time...:-)

You can have your state of the art ralph, I'll take the 100 million dollar plus defense contracts that are being used by NDSU and Fargo companies to create high paying jobs in Fargo. This 100 million will be turned over in the Fargo economy many times and will continue for many years to come. ;D ;D ;D

Herd_Mentality
08-16-2004, 04:06 PM
Comparing a donation of an athletic stadium to money for research and development... Wow, UND grads and fans really don't understand that DI is more than just athletics, do they?

You can have your bastard stepchild of a DI sport...I'll take an institution that has highly regarded research and programs.

bisonranch
08-16-2004, 06:17 PM
uhhh..what part of this did I miss?? *

Apparently you missed the whole thing and still don't get it.

BisonBBALL
09-24-2004, 06:18 AM
Nice License Plates! 8)

WYOBISONMAN
09-24-2004, 04:16 PM
I tried to get plates like that in Wyoming.....but there was no room for the Bucking horse.....!!!!!!!!

http://www.geocities.com/nickkanaya/WY/SA-WY-2000ND-Z.jpg

Bisonguy
09-24-2004, 07:01 PM
Not to disrupt the license plate talk, but NDSU landed a $8.9MM grant for the Psychology department-http://www.in-forum.com/articles/index.cfm?id=70646&section=Opinion

Looks like Chapman better set a new research expenditures goal. ;D

Tatanka
09-25-2004, 02:05 AM
Saw this today. This is AWESOME news, and only further strengthens SU's place in the national scene.