PDA

View Full Version : New building for the Business College

roadwarrior
08-22-2004, 01:21 AM
This new building will really be a prominent building on the west edge of the campus. More drawings and floor plans can be found using the link at the bottom of the page.

http://www.ndsu.edu/cba/facilities/new.building.html

bisonranch
08-22-2004, 02:30 AM
A good start. Where exactly will it be located? South of the crops building? It would be a lot better to look at this building than the old art building as the first thing seen when approaching from the west.

Next they need to get rid of the ugly green roof and old windows on Minard and update the whole engineering dept. They still use a few machines from the 40's. One thing at a time I guess.

roadwarrior
08-22-2004, 03:13 AM
It will be on the SW corner of the intersection across from the wellness center. (18th St)

BisonFan
08-22-2004, 03:40 AM
The CBA also revamped its website. It can be found here for anyone interested in looking at it:

http://www.ndsu.nodak.edu/cba/

roadwarrior
08-22-2004, 08:01 AM
Looking at the drawings and comparing them to the floorplans shows that the west end of the 5 story portion of the building was shortened. The drawing shows a large green space there, so they must be considering the completion of the original size design at some point in the future.

JBB
08-22-2004, 01:33 PM
I started giving money to that building before there was even a plan. *Ive pumped some change into it every year for a while now. *It looks good to me, and if there is an addition planned Ill put money into that too. *Anything has to be better than the old carnage library.

WYOBISONMAN
08-25-2004, 05:26 PM
As an Alumnus with a NDSU MBA I like the looks of the new building and think we need to all support the constuction of it.

whatever_
08-26-2004, 08:47 AM
Looks great, but a Grad from a poor dumb farmer school like myself can only afford so much. 2 cars and a snowmobile will just about do it. Just wish I was UND grad....I'd be owning the farm by now....

thundar94
10-05-2004, 02:06 AM
Dean Leitch told a bunch of business students just a few weeks ago that the building had to be scaled back due to financial reasons; the cost of the full size, original building was unattainable. Currently they have 10 of 13 million needed before construction can begin. Dean Leitch says that he will have that money in a short amount of time, and construction will begin immediately, with completion around Spring 2007 i believe.

BisBison
10-05-2004, 04:05 AM
The way I looked at the plan comparing it to the original 2002 floorplan it looks like the building would be built with the possibility of expansion later if needed. I hope that's in the plan. The original building would have been an impressive structure. But starting now rather than waiting is a better choice.