PDA

View Full Version : A Technical Question...

Trimmy
12-05-2004, 03:56 AM
If I made a vehicle specifically for tailgaiting/road-cheering the Bison, could I call it a Battlewagon? Would it be part of a fleet of Battlewagons? Or, is Battlewagon the name of a certain individual's vehicle?

In other words, is Battlewagon a general term for any tailgaiting/road-cheering vehicle, or is there one specific vehicle in the lot you would all point to if I said, "Hey, where is the Battlewagon?".

Sorry, I have a way of overcomplicating simple questions.

Bisonguy
12-05-2004, 04:16 AM
I believe the BattleWagonTM and the Two Flags ConceptTM are registered trademarks of BisonFan1. *:'( You sure as hell can copy him, though. I did with the Two Flags Concept *;D. Maybe just give him a beer or something. *;)

He will probably be more than willing to give you some advice, as well.

Bisonguy
12-05-2004, 04:24 AM
Oh yeah- if you're going to get a flagpole, get a WonderPole (can't remember where I ordered mine ???- just google it).

It's 21 feet tall, fiberglass, stood up to some intense winds, works with the Two Flags ConceptTM, easy to setup and take down (all you need is a small standard screwdriver to tighten the flag mounts- less than a minute to get the flags flying), and you will be the envy of most tailgaters if you have one. ;D Get the tire mount as well (or make one if you or someone you know can weld).

Here's a picture of one in action-http://www.myweb.cableone.net/dehoff/tailgating08-28-04/tailgating08-28-04%20005.jpg

Trimmy
12-05-2004, 05:04 AM
I'm mostly a dreamer and not a doer, but I have a vision of my old faithful '95 S-10 pickup. It got nailed by a hit and run this summer and is all smashed up. It still runs, but the back end is tacoed. I have an idea of a green and yellow "mini-wagon" with a wood flatbed (to easily replace my now smashed back-end). A Bison logo on each door and the hood, maybe some Bison flames fanning back.. Should be a good learning experience for me. She was one hell of a soldier, but I have since replaced as my daily vehicle with something newer. I think I'll give 'er a graceful retirement as a BattleWagonTM.

Goal is to have ready by Bozeman.

Bisonguy
12-05-2004, 06:49 PM
Trim-check your PM's

IowaBison
12-05-2004, 10:25 PM
to continue on

do you guys have any recommendations as far as canopys/tents go?

i'm thinking about getting an ez-up and having some Bisonstuff put on it

Bisonguy
12-05-2004, 11:24 PM
Get the real EZ-UP brand. I have a cheap one, and while it worked for shade, it got a little shady with higher winds. It will be relegated to backyard BBQ duty for next year. I'll be getting a real EZ-UP for next year.

Here's the choices-http://www.ezup.com/products.htm
Colors available on some models(including forest green, yellow, and gold) -http://www.ezup.com/products.htm
custom graphics also availablehttp://www.ezup.com/custom.htm
Might have to check into those *;D

They also have sidewalls available for when it's cold or windy, and sandbags that attach to the legs to prevent it from ending up in Dilworth on a windy day.

I know BisonFan1 has one of the real EZ-UPs, and it's probably well worth the investment. He also probably knows most of what is best for tailgating gear.

I don't have any recommedations as far as dealers, but I'm sure there are plenty of them out there.

JBB
12-06-2004, 02:31 AM
I saw BisonFan1s and it is nice with easy disassembly. *A couple of those guys took it down in a matter of a few moments and it stored conveniently. *When up it was sturdy too. *

Bisonfan1
12-06-2004, 09:12 PM
Trim, you or anybody else can call your vehicle a Battlewagon if you want, the more the better. I first named my custom trailer the " Bison Battle Wagon", after building the bus, the name stuck on that one also. Would be easy to name about anything "Bison Battle Truck" " Bison Battle Bus" " Bison Battle GEO" ha ha, whatever. The Battlewagon was very close to being called "The War Wagon" until my brother and I changed our mind at the last moment. AND as far as a shelter goes, EZ-UP works very nice, 2 people can set up in about a minute, 4 people in about 30 seconds. BE SURE and fill the sandbags all the way up with sand, the last game it was trying to launch when the sides were on, ran a couple bunge cords onto the Battlewagon and it cured the problem, we didnt have enough sand in the bags. Folds up to fit in almost any trunk. Watch Sams Club, got mine there for $179.00. No reason wont last many years, use in the summer out camping also !! or backyard bbq's etc. Any of the road trip type grills work very nicely also. We go for anything that will fold/break down smaller etc for storage in the Battlewagon. You can set up and fold down real quick if need be.

insane_ponderer
12-07-2004, 01:29 AM
trim-

i would highly recommend building your own battlewagon. I know putting the van together and using it with all our friends was easily one of the most fun things i have done while at college.