PDA

View Full Version : For the puck obsessed

tony
01-21-2005, 04:48 PM
USA Hockey: Player Spotlight – Nick Krebsbach (http://www.usahockey.com/usa_hockey/international/main/home/05wug_day11//)

Rodentia
01-21-2005, 10:19 PM
I think that club-level sports are interesting. It used to be that club sports were just that - loosely organized clubs who just played pick-up games with whoever they could get their hands on. I was surprised when I found out that its actually fairly organized, with club teams traveling long distances, and playing for championships.

I think that college's athletics web pages should have at least a minor link to their club-level teams. I think they should get at least some recognition.

NDSUstudent
01-21-2005, 10:40 PM
The Forum has been reporting the NDSU hockey club hockey scores this year, but thats about all the recognition they recieve. If anyone wants to see the NDSU club team in action they play SDSU at the Coliseum this Saturday(3:30) and Sunday(4:00).

dakotadan
01-22-2005, 12:21 AM
Is there a web-page for the club team? It would always be fun to have another team to follow.

NDSUstudent
01-22-2005, 07:44 AM
Is there a web-page for the club team? It would always be fun to have another team to follow.

I looked around for an NDSU club hockey web site but couldn't find one. They will probably have one set up for next season. Next season would probably be a better time to follow them anyway since the team should be much more improved. Right now the team is struggling and needs some time to gel togather.

Gamehunter
01-23-2005, 02:04 AM
I went to the game...unfortunately I was dragged out early in the third period. But the Bison looked to be in control most of the game. 5-2 when I left.

Rodentia
01-24-2005, 03:45 PM
I think for club teams, there has to be a good deal of self-promotion. Put up a decent web page, and then see if you can get links to it. The school won't be your webmaster, but might, give you a link.

There are a lot of club teams that have no web page at all, or if they do have one, it's a couple years old.

insane_ponderer
02-06-2005, 06:00 PM
went and checked out the club hockey last night ndsu vs umduluth....good time, we won 9-3. I would highly recommend it for the casual hockey fan just because its bison sports and its like a pickup game atmosphere, plus it costs all of a dollar with a student id.

greenandgold01
02-06-2005, 07:52 PM
I think it's great that people can form clubs to play when their school doesn't sponser the sport at the NCAA level.

I wonder what the finances are like for the club hockey team at NDSU.

TheBisonator
02-06-2005, 08:36 PM
Did the Bison actually play UMD's actual team, or does UMD also have a club team that exists and plays other club teams?? Cause if we beat UMD's actual team 9-3, then we might have a reason to establish an actual program.

bisonranch
02-06-2005, 09:04 PM
UMD must have a club team. UMD played Michigan Tech last weekend.

greenandgold01
02-06-2005, 09:05 PM
Did the Bison actually play UMD's actual team, or does UMD also have a club team that exists and plays other club teams?? Cause if we beat UMD's actual team 9-3, then we might have a reason to establish an actual program.

I agree, but seeing how UMD's varsity team is one of the best in the NCAA I have a hard time believing that they would lose to a club team.

NDSUstudent
02-07-2005, 07:42 AM
Yes, this was UMD's club team. Many D1 schools have club teams but those teams play in either D2 or D3 club hockey while schools without major college hockey play D1 club.

Sioux_Yeah_Yeah
03-02-2005, 05:53 PM

Did you really ask this question? This is like saying did the law school's flag football team play Minnesota's real team... Come on.