PDA

View Full Version : Cheer for ND!

Hager780
03-28-2005, 07:13 AM
NDSU grad but i'm a big hockey fan and UND has made the Frozen Four next week in Columbus Ohio! Found the link to this board on a UND board and thought I'd post something here because its kinda quiet right now. Who doesn't want ND to do well on the D ONE national scene now regardless of school. It only helps us....

Bison_Dan
03-28-2005, 01:55 PM
Do you think that und fans will be cheering for us in our DI sports? If you think they will, I'll cheer for them. But in the mean time I have some property in .......

kchats
03-28-2005, 02:46 PM
How does that help NDSU? I say cheer for NDSU and provide your monetary support to NDSU. That is the best way to help NDSU. Anything that the school up north does has absolutely no bearing on what happens at NDSU. This is an NDSU board by the way if you want to talk about the school to the north go on their board.

Herd_Mentality
03-28-2005, 04:04 PM
GO GOPHERS!

JBB
03-28-2005, 04:23 PM
I hear the Gophers made the final 4 in DI hockey. *Apparently they play a DII exhibition team in the first round. * I wonder how that game will draw? *

Go Gophers!!

Big_BisonFan
03-28-2005, 04:30 PM
I am with Kchats, how does rooting for the Suck help NDSU? I am first a Bison Fan and second a Gopher fan. Go Gophers, I hope they can take the Men's and Women's Hockey titles.

Tuk
03-28-2005, 05:11 PM
M-I-N-N-E-S-O-T-A....MINNESOTA, MINNESOTA!!! GO GOPHERS!!!!

sambini
03-29-2005, 02:30 AM
SORRY CAN"T CHEER ON THE SUE. ONCE A BISON ALWAYS A BISON. BESIDES I WAS BORN IN MINNESOTA. GO GOPHERS. NDSU IS MY FAVORITE TEAM , MY SECOND FAVORITE TEAM IS ANYONE PLAYING UND. MINNESOTA HATS OFF TO THEE...

bisonranch
03-29-2005, 02:59 AM
Born with a lot of North Dakota pride, and I'll probably get ripped by some, I gotta go for the fighting susans on this one. Positive national publicity for ND, even UND, can be good.

Go Sioux

Hager780
03-29-2005, 03:23 AM
That's what I was getting at. *Good exposure for the state of ND. *There were articles all over the Boston Globe this weekend talking about unds tradition in hockey and how they handed it to the big boston schools in their own backyard. *Like it or not, admit it or not, it's going to be awhile before NDSU gets that kind of credibility on the national DI scene so even attention for their success helps North Dakota (the state) at least get the name out there-just my opinion.

DIBISON
03-29-2005, 03:57 AM
I hope there were articles in the Boston Globe, because the hockey regional was there. That type of exposure is limited to a regional audience. Similar to the exposure NDSU received from the front page sports article in the Star Tribune last November on their move to DI.

kchats
03-29-2005, 03:59 AM
I couldn't agree less. If you have been following NDSU's spring sports teams you would realize this. NDSU's track teams are having great success and the big schools are sitting up and taking notice. I will take NDSU success over UND success any day of the week. The women's softball team is also doing well. Our wrestling team is already respected nationally because of Bucky Maughn and our football program is respected and well known with Coach Bohl. I think NDSU's national exposure is just beginning and will continue to grow as we progress through the transition to division I. Don't sell the Bison short. ;)

Hammerhead
03-29-2005, 04:23 AM
Hockey is a regional sport. I don't recall seeing a single college hockey story in my local (Portland, Ore.) media. They cover our minor league team but never mention the NCAA as the closest teams are in Alaska and Colorado.

dakotadan
03-29-2005, 04:41 AM
Do you think that und fans will be cheering for us in our DI sports? *If you think they will, I'll cheer for them. *But in the mean time I have some property in .......

I am one sioux fan who is cheering for NDSU in their move to DI. If the move for the 'SUs is a good one maybe Kupchella will get his head out of his ass and take a closer look at DI.

Trimmy
03-29-2005, 04:53 AM
I am one Bison fan who is cheering for the Sioux to whoop some ass at the Frozen Four. Go North Dakota!

Hager780
03-29-2005, 05:15 AM
One thing made me laugh. I was watching the gopher/cornell game and the mariucci crowd was chanting a "here we go gophers, here we go! SIOUX SUCK" reminds me of the good old days ;D

JBB
03-29-2005, 12:29 PM
Yea, its all good.

Bison_Dan
03-29-2005, 01:36 PM
One thing made me laugh. *I was watching the gopher/cornell game and the mariucci crowd was *chanting a "here we go gophers, here we go! SIOUX SUCK" *reminds me of the good old days *;D

I seem to remember a few years back, und saying that NDSU fans were the only people that use sue suck. It was when they were having problems with fighting sioux name. All the other teams they play never used it and repected the sioux name. Could it be that rt and the gang weren't telling the truth? No, Never!

Sioux_Yeah_Yeah
03-29-2005, 03:11 PM
I wonder if we were the only crowds that chanted "F___ the Gophers" ;D

Herd_Mentality
03-29-2005, 03:22 PM
I wonder if we were the only crowds that chanted "F___ the Gophers" ;D

Probably, I've been to a few UND Hockey games in my day and they have hands down the most foul-mouthed college fans anywhere. I'll still point out the day Dean Blais' wife died and during a moment of silence out of respect for her, a UND fan screamed "Hey 32, I f***ed your mom.

Sioux_Yeah_Yeah
03-29-2005, 03:29 PM
Probably, I've been to a few UND Hockey games in my day and they have hands down the most foul-mouthed college fans anywhere. *I'll still point out the day Dean Blais' wife died and during a moment of silence out of respect for her, a UND fan screamed "Hey 32, I f***ed your mom.

And then I seem to remember the racial remarks from NDSU ???

EDIT: Also, have you ever been to a DI football or baseball game? Now those are foul-mouthed fans!

MNBisonFan
03-29-2005, 03:45 PM
And I seen to remember the remarks directed toward Amy R and her basketball team by CLASSY und fans. :-/

BisonCountry
03-29-2005, 03:52 PM
It's pointless to finger point on who said what because I know that I've heard classless comments from both sides...in fact I'll admit I probably made some inappropriate remarks back in the day. The reference Herd mentioned though was completely disrespectful by some idiot.

Sioux_Yeah_Yeah
03-29-2005, 03:54 PM
Oh, I agree that UND fans yell some foul stuff but those in glass houses shouldn't throw stones ;D
We were quite the hecklers in my days at UND, but kept from using profanity (as much as possible) or other derogatory remarks. I found it much more amusing to use something that could get under the skin of the players or coaches but that the crowd around me would find funny or entertaining, while not being offensive.
Would calling a larger men's basketball player "sloppy body" be foul? ;D

Sioux_Yeah_Yeah
03-29-2005, 04:07 PM
It's pointless to finger point on who said what because I know that I've heard classless comments from both sides...in fact I'll admit I probably made some inappropriate remarks back in the day. *The reference Herd mentioned though was completely disrespectful by some idiot.

AGREED!
This did remind me though of when I was at a Sioux-Bison game at Memorial Stadium and we were standing just at the back of the end-zone. My friend yells something at Jerome Cheatam (sp) and he turns and tells my buddy "I f___ your mom last night" We were pretty young guys, but we laughed our a$$es off when he said it.

sambini
03-30-2005, 03:11 AM
hager780 i wonder if rocky would cheer for the siouxage?

Hager780
03-30-2005, 04:36 AM
mmm I guessing NOT but don't confuse my handle as homage to Rocky.

sambini
03-31-2005, 01:55 AM
ROCKY WASBISON.

Hager780
04-01-2005, 05:29 AM
oh Rocky Wasbison!!! Yeah that kid from wahpeton who lived down the hall from me in the dorm. Flunked out of pre-pharm as I recall then got a job with vector control or krispykreme or something. :)

Hager780
04-01-2005, 05:44 AM
I seem to remember a few years back, und saying that NDSU fans were the only people that use sue suck. It was when they were having problems with fighting sioux name. *All the other teams they play never used it and repected the sioux name. * Could it be that rt and the gang weren't telling the truth? *No, *Never! *

no Dan I don't think anyone at UND ever singled out NDSU as the only ones who shouted 'sioux suck' - I hear it around hockey arenas all the time. Personnally I've always been kind of envious of it - it's unique and i think doesn't denigrate a culture at all. People who think its racist are short sighted.

Bisonthunder
04-02-2005, 03:49 AM
Hager780, you aren't by any chance a "Farmhouse" alum are you?

BisonMav
04-02-2005, 04:07 AM
Having had hometown kids play for the Gophers, Minnesota Hat's off to Thee.

Hager780
04-02-2005, 04:45 AM
Hager780, you aren't by any chance a "Farmhouse" alum are you?

nope...Animalhouse!

tophatfan
04-03-2005, 03:47 AM
Sioux Suck! and they will forever more. I don't care what sport it is in. Any real Bison fan would have that so deeply ground into their mind that nothing could change that. So with that I have to cheer for the Gophers our fellow land grand university.

And also give OUR damn nickle back if you are too scared to play the Bison then stop hording it like the fricken squirrels that you are.

Hager780
04-03-2005, 08:19 AM
you know! This guy is the kind of dork that makes me ashamed to be an NDSU Alum-REALLY!
(if you need anymore evidence - check out that avatar ???)
My entire point with this thread has been to cheer on a North Dakota teams success on the national scene. We can't do that right now - we're in transition. Another ND school has a shot to bring attention to our state! That will benefit us in the longterm! All I can say is they're having a lot of fun north of us right now while we talk about track and softball and the fact our BB team finally won a game over Valley City :P
Take a step back and take off those forest green goggles people!! They're blocking your vision and the real fun of sports! -okay I'm done!

sambini
04-03-2005, 08:26 AM
HATS OFF TO THEE.

DIBISON
04-03-2005, 08:52 AM
Did everyone cheer on (NDSCS) Wahpeton JC and their success in the National JC Basketball Tournament? Heck, there were ACC, Big East, SEC, Big Ten, and Big 12 recruiters there!

It is entirely up to the individual as to who they want to cheer for. Many people could care less about hcokey. This was no bearing on exposure or publicity for our state!

I hope they are having fun up North listening about Bison track, softball, and baseball. At least the Bison have competive programs in those sports!

dakotadan
04-03-2005, 02:28 PM
Sioux Suck! and they will forever more. I don't care what sport it is in. *Any real Bison fan would have that so deeply ground into their mind that nothing could change that. *So with that I have to cheer for the Gophers our fellow land grand university.

And also give OUR damn nickle back if you are too scared to play the Bison then stop hording it like the fricken squirrels that you are.

Just more proof of the narrow minded thinking that some on here devote their lives to, or have deeply ground into their mind. Some, definately not everyone!

WYOBISONMAN
04-03-2005, 06:28 PM
I am no hockey fan......but best of luck to the Sioux.

SDbison
04-03-2005, 07:18 PM
I am a hockey fan and say best of luck to UND. Kind of funny, I said the same to a UND aquaintence this past week in an e-mail. I also pointed out how good it is that ND is now represented in most DI sports between NDSU and UND. The pompous UND fellow had to come back with a reply that NDSU is just jealous, we would never be successful in DI, are trying to get money away from UND and all that. Gee I just tried to be a nice guy and wish them luck in the frozen four.......typical UND response.

BisonMav
04-04-2005, 01:25 AM
The Gophers have 2 North Dakota Kids on their team, probably the best 2 North Dakota kids.

NDSU4U2NV
04-04-2005, 01:33 AM
I will cheer for the whioux, but just remember if their fan gives you problems

Make the world a better place, punch a sioux fan in the face!

Bison_Dan
04-04-2005, 01:32 PM
I am a hockey fan and say best of luck to UND. *Kind of funny, I said the same to a UND aquaintence this past week in an e-mail. *I also pointed out how good it is that ND is now represented in most DI sports between NDSU and UND. *The pompous UND fellow had to come back with a reply that NDSU is just jealous, we would never be successful in DI, are trying to get money away from UND and all that. *Gee I just tried to be a nice guy and wish them luck in the frozen four.......typical UND response. *

Their jealousy of NDSU is growing and that will always be their mind set.

Green-N-Gold
04-04-2005, 04:03 PM
Go GOPHERS!!!

Sioux_Yeah_Yeah
04-08-2005, 04:40 PM
Had to bring this one up to date! So now who's for the Pioneers? :)
Go Sioux!

BisonMav
04-08-2005, 04:46 PM
Had to bring this one up to date! *So now who's for the Pioneers? :)
Go Sioux!

Congrats to UND, they were the best team last night.

GoBisonGo
04-08-2005, 06:51 PM
Congrats to UND, they were the best team last night.

This is an understatement. The Sioux have really turned it on at the right time. Good luck in bringing back another title to ND.

I think the publicity that UND hockey gets is good for NDSU. It lets other people see that ND can have competitive athletic programs at the DI level and it will cause other people to take NDSU more seriously at the DI level. Thats what I believe anyway.

Herd_Mentality
04-08-2005, 10:30 PM
I don't think you'll see anybody on here pulling for the pioneers unless they live in the Denver locale. *Anybody from ND/MN/SD/IA has a legimate reason to be a Gopher hockey fan.

So, I was watching the game and thinking about something last night. *Hockey is weird since the playing surface can vary so in size. *You think UND would petition the same for football so they can play games in the Ralph?

Oh...hats off to the Sioux, good thing they expanded the playoff field. It's almost a feel good story like Central Cass making it to the Class B boy's tourney.

silkamilkamonico
04-08-2005, 11:14 PM
Congrats to UND. *I think they'll beat denver and win the NCAA.

That being said, I hope NDSU NEVER gets hockey. *Save it for the school up north, I would rather they focused on the only sports that matter like football and basketball. *Everything else is irrelevant on the national scene.

WYOBISONMAN
04-09-2005, 12:07 AM
I have to admit.....I do plan on throwing some brats on the grill and watching UND beat the hell out of Denver tomorrow. Best of luck to the Sioux!

JBB
04-09-2005, 01:17 AM
Go.......?? whos the other team again!! What channel? ::)

tophatfan
04-10-2005, 02:55 AM
Denver Wins!!!! Woohooo!

sambini
04-10-2005, 04:39 AM
SIOUX FINISHED STRONG BUT CONGRATS TO DENVER.

JBB
04-10-2005, 02:14 PM
How amazing! A Division I school actually won the division I hockey tournament! What are the chances :o

WYOBISONMAN
04-10-2005, 02:17 PM
A good finish for the Sioux, but they were out skated last night. That Denver goalie was tough!

bisongold
04-10-2005, 03:47 PM
Denver beat them 3 or 4 times this year. They were the better team.

JBB
04-10-2005, 06:16 PM
Is a lower division team only awarded a trophy if they win the championship or do all the lower division teams get some kind of a trophy for playing? I know that might mean a lot of trophys, but I think they should get a trophy for playing.

The trophy company didnt have a hockey catagory so I picked the next best thing. Its not expensive but seems like its made out of quality materials:

http://www.allsportsawards.co.uk/acatalog/box_plastrophy_double007.jpg

It could say something like "PARTICIPANT, *2005 NATIONAL COLLEGIATE HOCKEY TOURNAMENT." * :D

Hager780
04-11-2005, 10:57 PM
well...in all fairness..the ice was like KITTY LITTER!!

kchats
04-11-2005, 11:10 PM
well...in all fairness..the ice was like KITTY LITTER!!

It didn't seem to bother Denver, sounds like a sore loser Hager780.

JBB
04-12-2005, 12:03 AM
aaaahhhhhhgggg!!! wrong, they only put kitty litter on football fields, I think ice is called "bad". *That might mean "soft" or otherwise unsatisfactory and unable to perform. *Please clarify Hager780.

I am also wondering if, on undIIs behalf, your applying for the astrisk because of ice conditions? *You wont be able to apply for it based on the lucky bounce, that application has already been made by many undII fans. * *;)

silkamilkamonico
04-12-2005, 02:04 AM
aaaahhhhhhgggg!!! wrong, they only put kitty litter on football fields, I think ice is called "bad". *That might mean "soft" or otherwise unsatisfactory and unable to perform. *Please clarify Hager780.

I am also wondering if, on undIIs behalf, your applying for the astrisk because of ice conditions? *You wont be able to apply for it based on the lucky bounce, that application has already been made by many undII fans. * *;)

The ice was supposedly "soft", so slow. The ironic thing about that is it only goes to UNDS favor. The slower the ice, the harder it is for the talented skaters to outskate the opponents.

UND92
04-12-2005, 05:41 AM
aaaahhhhhhgggg!!! wrong, they only put kitty litter on football fields, I think ice is called "bad". That might mean "soft" or otherwise unsatisfactory and unable to perform. Please clarify Hager780.

I am also wondering if, on undIIs behalf, your applying for the astrisk because of ice conditions? You wont be able to apply for it based on the lucky bounce, that application has already been made by many undII fans. ;)
O.K. JBB, you don't know who UND is and that's all you talk about. You don't know what HOCKEY is and that's all you talk about. Will the real JBB please stand up.

Hager780
04-12-2005, 05:57 AM
it was a JOKE ;) Just a reference to our whining about losing to Delta State back in the :o :obabich era :o :o Seemed to be a valid excuse back then even though Delta played on the same field as far as I could tell. That's one thing i don't like about this board. Everyone takes everything so seriously! lighten up guys

WYOBISONMAN
04-12-2005, 04:12 PM
Slow ice? Seemed like all were moving well to me. Maybe that is because I can't skate anymore.... ;)

JBB
04-12-2005, 04:32 PM
It was a joke hager. 8) *Just a *reference to a long standing astrisk joke in reference to your reference to the mixed division hockey tournament and "slow" ice. * Even though both teams played on the same ice it would seem conditions other than optimum could favor one team over the other. *I know thats the case in football, but Im only proficient enough in hockey to poke fun at the expense of the DII school.*;) :o

WYOBISONMAN
04-12-2005, 06:00 PM
And I still agree the Delta State game must have an astrisk.....Kitty litter is for cats to shit in.....not for football to be played on..... :o

Hager780
04-13-2005, 05:32 AM
but again-BOTH teams played on the same field and the better team won-like it or not-admit it or not

JBB
04-13-2005, 01:42 PM
but again-BOTH teams played on the same field and the better team won-like it or not-admit it or not

ATTENTION! *ATTENTION! ATTENTION!! *An announcement is forth coming from the Golden Arm Committee:

From the GOLDEN ARM COMMITTEE for immediate release:

The asterisk was granted to convey historical information about the game necessary to properly understanding the outcome. *

Your right, since the game was played the outcome is not in question, but, we do believe its generally common knowledge, and the debate over the asterisk clearly bore this out, that less than optimum field conditions can favor one style of play over another. *Thats one of the reasons the NCAA has a field condition rule intended to eliminate "Delta" type situations.*

It has been pointed out by others that the compromising surface at Delta was known very early in the week and the game should have been moved. *NWMSU lost a home field playoff game once for the same reasons and had to travel. *The NCAA does invoke the rule.*

That inconsistency, along with the questionable, if not astonishing *choice of Delta as home team in the first place, brought the judgment and motivation of the NCAA playoff committee into question promting the decision to use the asterisk.