PDA

View Full Version : Title IX??

Hager780
04-04-2005, 08:05 AM
Just wondering - if NDSU has added 27 full FB scholarships in 2 years, are we still in Title IX compliance? How many womens scholarships have we added in that time? I can't think of that many. Are we one whacko-feminist away from ncaa problems? :(

roadwarrior
04-04-2005, 02:21 PM
NDSU has already been through a Title IX compliance complaint, so I am sure the administration is well aware of the possible issues of the additional scholarships.

greenandgold01
04-04-2005, 04:16 PM
I think with NDSU being an Ag Science and Engineering school, mostly guys attend.

That should help some with T9.

WYOBISONMAN
04-04-2005, 05:20 PM
Roadwarrior is right about NDSU dealing with a Title IX complaint. In fact, the resolution of the complaint and the increased funding for women's sports at NDSU was a major catalyst in pushing women's athletics to the dominance they enjoyed in D2. The administration will be very careful to be in compliance with Title IX.

tony
04-04-2005, 05:44 PM
First, I really don't care for the term "whacko-feminist." Name calling does not help matters; it just gets people angry and clouds their reason.

Second, as far as I know, the NCAA has nothing to do with Title IX - that's a federal regulation.

Third, if a person or persons files a Title IX complaint against NDSU, NDSU is in trouble only if they are found to be violating the rules. The "trouble" would consist of bad publicity and having to change things so that NDSU is once again compliant.

Hager780
04-12-2005, 06:13 AM
okay how about "sport-deprived person with female genitalia"

better? I appreciate your political correctness!! ;)

tony
04-12-2005, 12:22 PM
okay *how about "sport-deprived person with female genitalia"

better? *I appreciate your political correctness!! ;)

And thank you for finally giving some accurate biographical information ;)

Like I told you last week, I ban people for pretending to be NDSU fans.

kchats
04-12-2005, 06:55 PM
And thank you for finally giving some accurate biographical information ;) *

Like I told you last week, I ban people for pretending to be NDSU fans.
Get rid of him Tony, he is an aggitator.

Rodentia
04-12-2005, 07:46 PM
If NDSU were to add the scholarships to go I-A, they would have to add women's scholarships, and this would probably mean adding another women's sport.

Wacky idea: Add field hockey, and then petition the Big Ten to be an affiliate member for field hockey. The Big Ten has field hockey. but only seven of the 11 members have field hockey.

Bisonguy
04-12-2005, 09:35 PM
If NDSU were to add the scholarships to go I-A, they would have to add women's scholarships, and this would probably mean adding another women's sport.

Wacky idea: Add field hockey, and then petition the Big Ten to be an affiliate member for field hockey. *The Big Ten has field hockey. but only seven of the 11 members have field hockey.

DI-A also requires a minimum of 200 total financial aid counters in athletics.

tony
04-12-2005, 11:35 PM
Get rid of him Tony, he is an aggitator.

A little agitation is probably good for us.

WYOBISONMAN
04-13-2005, 02:58 PM
and.....it isn't as bad as the old 1234 days.... ;)

Bisonguy
04-13-2005, 09:34 PM
and.....it isn't as bad as the old 1234 days.... ;)

I'm not so sure he's that far away from the board.......

Anyhow, back to Title IX- In The Forum article about lengthening the football season to 12 games every year, it states that there's legislation to increase financial aid maximums for women's sports in DI.

The scholarship increases for women would raise the numbers from 12 to 14 in gymnastics and soccer, 12 to 13 in volleyball and 18 to 20 in track and field.

Looks like another 5 grants to even out the increase in men's sports for NDSU.

kchats
04-13-2005, 11:14 PM
I'm sure NDSU is keeping a close watch on it and keeping the NCAA informed at each and every step.

sambini
04-14-2005, 02:43 AM
hager 780 we did title9 quite a while ago. we are in good shape all around.